• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    A 27-year-old Benton Harbor man was arrested early Tuesday morning, after police found an AK-47 in his front seat. It happened just before 5 a.m. in the 700 block of McAllister. Police say they tried to pull the man over, but he got out of his car and ignored police, who told him to stop.
    The driver used a TASER on the man, who was later found to be intoxicated. A search of his car revealed an AK-47 uncased and unloaded.
    The man is facing charges of carrying a firearm under the influence, operating while intoxicated, and resisting police, among others

charged with carrying a firearm under the influence?
    wha?!?!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    This is typical MEDIA BIAS against guns! The "news" is that this man was DUI, a CRIME in-and-of-itself! Further, it seems he was not cooperative when police tried to stop him. Again, not a good plan.

The headline implies this man was pulled over and arrested for having an AK-47, but in fact that is a side-issue. But what do you expect? All would have been well and this guy would have been on his all-too-merry way if it hadn't been for that evil AK in the car!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    In Michigan, it's against the law to carry a gun into any bar....

EDIT:

Or any business that primary sells alcohol. Such as a winery.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Redamaks would be fine, their primary source of income is not liquor, but rather cheeseburgers, delicious delicious cheeseburgers.........................dammit, now i gotta ride to michigan .......................

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I'm new to Indiana from Ohio and i will say Indiana is so much more gun friendly than Ohio. If your caught anywhere ,anytime drinking armed in Ohio it's your ass. They call it " possition of a firearm under disibility " . You will be arrested at any bac.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I'm new to Indiana from Ohio and i will say Indiana is so much more gun friendly than Ohio. If you're caught anywhere ,anytime drinking armed in Ohio it's your ass. They call it " possession of a firearm under disability " . You will be arrested at any bar.

yet, in Ohio, they have Drive Through Liquor Stores.
    lol
    brilliance.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    MI just sounds like a lovely state. I'm headed to the U.P. next month... Anyone have specific areas to avoid? I'm stopping near Manistee (Lake Michigan side) on the way up. My route actually takes me around Benton Harbor.

Thanks...

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    MI just sounds like a lovely state. I'm headed to the U.P. next month... Anyone have specific areas to avoid? I'm stopping near Manistee (Lake Michigan side) on the way up. My route actually takes me around Benton Harbor.

Thanks...
    You will have no problem at Lake Manistee, it is great there. Do some fishing for me.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Having guns in a car while intoxicated? Almost as bad an idea as having one's self in a car while intoxicated. Don't do the latter, then the former will not be an issue.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    If you are going to travel, you need to know the law where you are going to be. The laws are completely different in other states, and there's nothing like losing your right to carry for getting convicted of something that is legal here and a felony elsewhere. I use an andoid app called "CCW" US Carry web site is pretty good to, but not as mobile. States that require you to inform if you are pulled over is important. Knowing where you can carry legally is critical too. KY is the same way with carrying into a bar, or the bar area of a restaurant. I have had a server at Outback Steakhouse try to seat me at a booth in "The bar area" several times and I have to ask to be seated elsewhere as it is the same under the law as going into a bar with a gun, which is also forbidden in KY.

Top Bottom