• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I stopped reading here. Utter nonsense. Pawn shops are subject to the same laws as every other FFL.

This is someone who plays Counterstrike and reads Guns & Ammo with no other experience with guns or with gangs.

If you would have kept reading you would have seen later in the thread where he elaborated and claimed that the gang had a selection of people they could count on to send in for a straw purchase. He claimed they were more clean cut (no tattoos, colors, etc.) or females.

Not saying his claims are true, but I'm not immediately dismissing them either.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I stopped reading here. Utter nonsense. Pawn shops are subject to the same laws as every other FFL.

This is someone who plays Counterstrike and reads Guns & Ammo with no other experience with guns or with gangs.

Should have kept reading then. Straw purchases are a pretty well known way for prohibited people to get guns. Perhaps in his experience pawn shops there are less concerned with if a purchase is legit or not.

I bet most folks here would guess a particular gun shop in Indy is more likely to look the other way on a questionable purchase where there is still plausible deniability.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

Sorry Kirk but I believe this guy MAY be the real deal. I am in very close contact with young gangbangers and wannabes for about 40+ hours a week. I've known some of them from the time they are about 13 until they age out and we talk a lot. As they get older, their tactics change and what was outlined is not 100% but it's pretty close. I'm not a big guy but "mean muggin' " goes a long way. I'll close with this, several of the fine young men asked, " Mr. Flatlander, why you walk around so cocky for?" Reply- " I'm not cocky, I'm confident".

Bob

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Well a starter would be looking at some of the most dangerous cities and then taking into consideration that those are the cities with gun bans or mag capacity caps. Let's start by removing those liberal idiots from office. And allowing their citizens to carry.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm actually leaning that way myself. However we have seen some surprisingly organized gangs so I'm not going to commit just yet.
    I agree. If noted, I did say "MAY" be for real. We had problems in the military for all of the 20+ years I was in from the '70s thru early 2003 with gangs. Also thru "chatting " with my fine charges the descriptions of getting weapons is pretty much spot on. He may be puking up things he's read so who's to say.

Bob

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well a starter would be looking at some of the most dangerous cities and then taking into consideration that those are the cities with gun bans or mag capacity caps. Let's start by removing those liberal idiots from office. And allowing their citizens to carry.

Huh? Did we read the same thread? :dunno:
    You don't need to attempt to get all 50 posts in one night. ;)

Bob

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well I'll be honest and say I can't tell if that guy was legitimate but I'll say it was at least enlightening to read.

Top Bottom