• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    if anything walmart can sell cheaper cause they probably buy hundreds if not thousands at a time to distrubute between stores. But i havent seen any guns in wal-mart for a long long time.

gmiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Ill support local but as soon as they start BSing me im gone. If a gunshop started talking like that id just go buy from walmart. I have no respect for people trash talking the competition, no matter who the competition is.
    Try asking the guy behind the counter at Wall Mart about his prices. At best you'll get a blank stare. At least with the local gun store you get the opportunity to ask the question. And anyone who would even pose such a question is pretty much just screwing with the gun store owner anyway as they already know the answer.

Walmart already feeds you plenty of BS through the news media, mainly about the lawsuit de jour, as they won't even talk about prices. They'd probably tell you to your face, but you'll have to go find them.

I'm not attempting to defend a gun store lieing to it's customers in any way, but if you think that Walmart executives are in any way more ethical then... I don't think the mods will let me complete that sentence.

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I don't know, I've been thinking of picking up a 10/22, and if I do, it'll probably be a walmart special. I hate that store, but for something like that, why not?
    I wouldn't go there for advice, or to buy anything nice, but for a cheapie, what's the problem?

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    I'm not a fan of Walmart but the fact that they still sell guns and ammo helps us out a great deal. You used to be able to by guns everywhere now very few retailers carry any guns or ammo. As long as they are selling it they are promoting it so don't bash them to much!

No all Wally worlds sell firearms. I shop at walmarts for some items, my local wallys do not have firearms for sale:dunno::twocents:

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wallyworld in Fort Wayne no longer sell guns. I think it sucks, because if I could get a scope, ammo and a gun at the same price, i would be happy with a 2nd, after all the 2nd amendment is my favorite!!!!

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Wallmart keeps some of you personal info in a book that isn't required by the BATF. Anyone working there can look info od buyers. They walk your gun to the front door by the manager. I don't need this type of service keep your local gun store in business or buy online. No more big wally for me.

Last edited:

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Plymouth Walmart still sells guns and as long as you talk to the right person at the counter it can be a good experience. There is one idiot there but I think it may be a rule that every retail store of any large size is required to hire at least one.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Not a Wal-Mart story, but Bass Pro. I bought a few boxes of Hornady Leverevolution .44 mag at bass pro for $18.99 awhile back. When I left there, I stopped by my local gun shop to see if they had any .45 acp, they didn't, and I asked about .44 mag ammo. The guy behind the counter says "yeah, I got these Hornady Leverevolutions", (same exact round I got at bass pro), I told the guy, who is a guy I've dealt with many times, and trust, "nevermind, I just bought a bunch of those at bass pro" he asks me what I payed for em', and when I told him, he about had a heart attack and said, "you better go back over there and buy all they have, I get $30.00 a box for em', and I hardly even mark em' up"! Long story short, I haven't bought that particular round in a while, but Bass Pro kept them at that price for quite awhile. I like to support the little guy, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and any comments like in the OP is just sour grapes. Honesty goes a long way in deciding who I deal with.

evodave2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    thinking of purchasing a mossberg 500 with extra barrel from walmart just because its only $280 bucks. and is made with nicely detailed wood. just can't find anywhere else that comes close to that price.
    Walmart beats just about everyone on prices.sounds like a nice price

Top Bottom