• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    so, a few of my buddies know that i am the right guy to come to if shtf....if you had to choose 3 or 4 extra guns to buy for your buddies in case of a shtf scenario, what would they be? cheaper the better

Shovels, axes and hoes. After they have dug the trenches and built the barricades, then after a few more weeks of garden chores, they might have earned the opportunity to train with a weapon.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    ^^^This^^^
    And then eventually I'll arm them with mosins and high points, if that's not good enough they can use them to upgrade.

What about the ones that can use the Shovels, Axes, and Hoes to upgrade?!

My Personal feelings on this particular piece of the Puzzle is that if they if they are that creative and energetic, not to mention skilled I am thinking I should have already voted them off the island... :popcorn:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Only my wife and my closest friend know I'm planing for when shtf. Nobody else (that I know in person) needs to know. I have enough firearms, ammo, and supplies to last my family through quite an ordeal. No need to burn my candle from both ends and go dividing it up between half a dozen extra people that didn't think it was necessary to prepare because I was preparing for them.

Anyone willing to bring their own shtf materials are more than welcome, so long as it doesn't shorten the time that I am able to provide for and defend my family.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Define cheap. Mosin nagants are good but ammo will be in short supply. Springfield xds can be had for $400 but that's a tad much. If they won't arm themselves then they don't deserve guns. You could do just as much damage with a axe. Back to gun suggestions. SKS would be good. If you really think one of your friends is seriously consider prepping help him buy a .308 and a good scope. I would rather have 1 guy that takes it seriously than 5 that dont

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    so, a few of my buddies know that i am the right guy to come to if shtf....if you had to choose 3 or 4 extra guns to buy for your buddies in case of a shtf scenario, what would they be? cheaper the better
    When coworkers or friends jokingly say to me "when the SHTF I am coming to your house." I jokingly reply "No. No you are not." They always get the sarcasm and realize I am serious.

No one has ever argued the issue with me after saying that and no one has ever said it to me twice.

I always offer to help them select guns and figure out food and water for storage. Few take me up on the offer. The gun you give your "buddy" is the same one he will use to shoot you in the back.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    When coworkers or friends jokingly say to me "when the SHTF I am coming to your house." I jokingly reply "No. No you are not." They always get the sarcasm and realize I am serious.

Soooo....

Since you have never told me that I am cool to visit the Earldom of Wisconsin, post SHTF?!

I always offer to help them select guns and figure out food and water for storage. Few take me up on the offer. The gun you give your "buddy" is the same one he will use to shoot you in the back.
    Yes and no...

No family unit will be able to provide for their OWN security completely. Trying staying up in shifts pulling guard and another shift doing chores, it will soon show you the value of community. :popcorn:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Soooo....

Since you have never told me that I am cool to visit the Earldom of Wisconsin, post SHTF?!

Yes and no...

No family unit will be able to provide for their OWN security completely. Trying staying up in shifts pulling guard and another shift doing chores, it will soon show you the value of community. :popcorn:
    I have a community, but I already know everyone and what they are capable of doing. If they don't already own guns, chainsaws, trucks, garden tools and dogs to make and protect their gardens, what possible value could they have?

SHTF is not the day you start team building and handing out rifles like an episode of Andy Griffith gone bad.

PS sure you can drive up, but first thing we do is go raid the Bourbon aisle at Woodmans, otherwise what value do you have? I may go there today, if I do I will get some pics.

PPS the other point is you don't need me and I don't need you SO that makes it all good. The non-preppers fall into the cannibalism thread. Eat them, use them as bait or to fertilize the garden.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have a community, but I already know everyone and what they are capable of doing. If they don't already own guns, chainsaws, trucks, garden tools and dogs to make and protect their gardens, what possible value could they have?

SHTF is not the day you start team building and handing out rifles like an episode of Andy Griffith gone bad.

PPS the other point is you don't need me and I don't need you SO that makes it all good. The non-preppers fall into the cannibalism thread. Eat them, use them as bait or to fertilize the garden.
    The second half of my comment was less directed at you and more at the masses that think they can go it alone with the 4 person family unit.... ;)

PS sure you can drive up, but first thing we do is go raid the Bourbon aisle at Woodmans, otherwise what value do you have?
    If SHTF forces me to have to go to Wisconsin, have no doubt that I will be robbing and plundering my way to you... :D:popcorn:
    I may go there today, if I do I will get some pics.
    We were cool till that...
    DB....
    Just have to go rub it i don't cha... :ar15:

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    15213.jpg

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I don't get the whole mosin thing, I would think that the un-intiated would be far better served with 10 22's or as already mentioned Hi points,something small and light weight and manueverable.

Yeah mosins are cheap, way better than a rock, but for someone with little firearms experience they would not be my first choice.

Russian troops were killed at the rate of four to one by the german invaders, so if those are acceptable numbers to you by all means grab a mosin.

If wars were won by body count alone, the germans won both world wars. So if your hell bent on defending yourself with a hundred year old bolt gun you might want to get a k98, a proven winner.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I don't get the whole mosin thing, I would think that the un-intiated would be far better served with 10 22's or as already mentioned Hi points,something small and light weight and manueverable.

Yeah mosins are cheap, way better than a rock, but for someone with little firearms experience they would not be my first choice.

Russian troops were killed at the rate of four to one by the german invaders, so if those are acceptable numbers to you by all means grab a mosin.

If wars were won by body count alone, the germans won both world wars. So if your hell bent on defending yourself with a hundred year old bolt gun you might want to get a k98, a proven winner.
    Is the K98 still In service today? The Mosin can be upgraded to something similar to the R700. The K98 is a good rifle but they cost upwards of $500 sometimes

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...friends jokingly say to me "when the SHTF I am coming to your house." I jokingly reply "No. No you are not." They always get the sarcasm and realize I am serious.

Entertaining comment, but this is so true. It's a shame to say, but one needs to be especially cautious when dealing with "Internet friends."

The OP is a perfect example of this. If SHTF it will take little time to realize they must evac the ghetto that is Indy. And where is it our friend and clueless buddies gonna go?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Entertaining comment, but this is so true. It's a shame to say, but one needs to be especially cautious when dealing with "Internet friends."

The OP is a perfect example of this. If SHTF it will take little time to realize they must evac the ghetto that is Indy. And where is it our friend and clueless buddies gonna go?

hmmm...maybe i should get some stuff with some more firepower...:ar15::ingo:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Armedindy,

I guess I will back it up here. What is your mission? Besides SHTF. I mean what will you and your "crew" be doing? How do you operate, training levels, organization etc, without violating OPSEC.

Take a look at that, and that will dictate weapons selection.

If there hasn't been that much thought to it, then, weapons selection really isn't that important but its fun to do on the internet.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

So if we're being invaded by germans we should have at least 4 mosins for each member of our family arm others with and we should be okay.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Armedindy,

I guess I will back it up here. What is your mission? Besides SHTF. I mean what will you and your "crew" be doing? How do you operate, training levels, organization etc, without violating OPSEC.

Take a look at that, and that will dictate weapons selection.

If there hasn't been that much thought to it, then, weapons selection really isn't that important but its fun to do on the internet.

yay:patriot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom