• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Since I bought the XDs I always have it on my side, unless of course I am at work. I can wear a t shirt and still have this gun not only concealed but very comfortable.

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    First thing I put on in the morning and last thing I take off at night. Only time I don't carry is if it is actually illegal to do so, like if I go have lunch with my kids at school. Yes, I have my holster on with my sidearm in it right now.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    I don't conceal at home, but always have quick access. Safes are for extra guns & hunting guns IMO

This is for those who say “Quick Access”. Not trying to be ajerk and don't take it personal, but what do you consider quick access? Do you have kids in the home? Iknow personally that there are many areas someone could break into my home andblock my access to the guns I have in my bedroom (bedroom is on the firstfloor). Or do I leave my family at risk if the gun happens to be in an upstairsbedroom?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    M&P shield is always in my pocket except when I lock it in the quick-access lock box when I go to bed.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    This is for those who say “Quick Access”. Not trying to be ajerk and don't take it personal, but what do you consider quick access? Do you have kids in the home? Iknow personally that there are many areas someone could break into my home andblock my access to the guns I have in my bedroom (bedroom is on the firstfloor). Or do I leave my family at risk if the gun happens to be in an upstairsbedroom?

I consider quick access as reaching my hip or reaching beside me on the couch. No kids at home.

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana
    Until I slob out in front of the TV before bed. Then it's on the end table beside me, and after that the head board when in bed.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My gun is usually within reach unless the grandchildren are there. Then, as per agreement with my wife, son and daughter-in-law they have to be in the safe. I am trying to convince them to let me get a quick access gun box that can be near at all times when the kids are there.

whispers76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Bluffton, IN

I do have kids. By quick access, I have either on my person, or possibly on am end table next to me. If sleeping, I have a holster mounted on the bed.

As for the kids, I was taught gun safety from the time I could speak and come from a USMC family. My children will not even touch a toy gun without permission. That being said, until they are old enough to use one for defense, I will not leave a loaded gun where they can get to it without my knowledge. Even trustworthy kids can make mistakes.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    How many of you have your gun on you at home?

If I'm wearing pants there's a holster on the belt with a gun in it.

It's just easier and safer to put the gun on in the morning and take it off at night than it is to take it on and off and on and off every time I go out the front door. All that excess gun-touching is how accidents happen and guns get forgotten at home.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My pistol is always readily accessible to me. But, when I'm not home, it's either on me, or locked in the speed safe. My son is 11, and I've always worked hard to train him and reduce his curiosity, but he's never left unsupervised with access to any handgun or ammo. I don't have a large safe, so the rifles are cased and in the closet, but all the ammo is locked up. A 14 gun safe is in the budget for this year, so that'll be taken care of in a few months. It's never been a problem, and I firmly believe it's because a) he knows he'll lose his privilege to shoot and b) he does get to shoot and isn't curious.

At this point, the safe is more for the guns and other small valuables for protection against fire or theft. My kid is reasonably protected.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I get up about 0615 - 0645 depending how many times I hit the snooze, shower, then get dressed. I then grab a holster off the top of my gun safe, grab my G26 from my nightstand and put it on my belt. I put the kids on the bus, come back home to get around for work, then head out. My G26 remains on my hip the ENTIRE day until return home and decide to head off to bed.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I keep mine on me because I have young children and can't keep it laying around. That being said my Crossbreed is so dang comfortable it isn't an issue at all.

2ARIGHTSPLZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    What if you only own 1 firearm? I only own an XDM .40 4.5", so do you think its strange or overkill to take it with you everywhere in the house? Our house was robbed in 2010, luckily we weren't home when it happened..... I take that back.... if I was home and was able to subdue him, maybe I wouldn't worry about monsters in the closet. :)

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I sometimes carry at home. If i dont its in my sock drawer. I got a two year old so i dont like to keep it out.

cobraguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    i dont have any kids so its either on me or sitten on the table in the living room and next to my bed at night

Top Bottom