• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    not on my person but within reach, and carry it from room to room. in the rooms of prolonged stay there's usually a rifle with me.

to me, the -AHHHHHH- feeling of taking off your EDC is akin to taking off your boots. just nice to go without it for a bit, but indeed keep it handy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I see no difference in carrying while I'm out and when I'm home. My front door may be strong, but it's not magic. If someone wants to rob me for what little I might have on me, why would I assume they would not want to do the same when I'm where the rest of my stuff is?

The fact is, home invasions do happen. If they happen to you, it's better to address the situation immediately than it is to ask them to hold on a minute while you get your gun. Some criminals might be accommodating, but I'm guessing most will not.

I have a good holster and belt that makes carry quite comfortable regardless of whether I'm carrying a CZ 75 or Glock 20. If you take the gun off when you get home because it's uncomfortable, I think you need to look into better gear.

The point is that what is most valuable to me lives in my house. I'm on point to protect them just the same at home as I am when we are out and about.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I see no difference in carrying while I'm out and when I'm home. My front door may be strong, but it's not magic. If someone wants to rob me for what little I might have on me, why would I assume they would not want to do the same when I'm where the rest of my stuff is?

The fact is, home invasions do happen. If they happen to you, it's better to address the situation immediately than it is to ask them to hold on a minute while you get your gun. Some criminals might be accommodating, but I'm guessing most will not.

I have a good holster and belt that makes carry quite comfortable regardless of whether I'm carrying a CZ 75 or Glock 20. If you take the gun off when you get home because it's uncomfortable, I think you need to look into better gear.

The point is that what is most valuable to me lives in my house. I'm on point to protect them just the same at home as I am when we are out and about.

i've actually had this thought recently, if i'm uncomfortable carrying then i should look into better gear. but at the same time, my boots i wear 10-12 hours a day, they're of high quality, and damn comfy. that doesn't stop me from enjoying it when they're off tho.

and quite frankly, when i'm in my chair or at my desk, its closer and quicker to reach to the surface than go for my hip.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Except while at work, my EDC is on my hip whenever I'm awake. At night it's under my pillow.
    I have been know to remove my gun while changing oil on my car or working on an appliance that requires me to get up and down a lot or crawl around.

Last edited:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Except while at work, my EDC is on my hip whenever I'm awake. At night it's under my pillow.
    I have been know to remove my gun while changing oil on my car or working on an appliance that requires me to gut up and down a lot or crawl around.

what about when you go to the ass station <.<

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Always on me. If I am awake I have it. If I am asleep it is in reach. There was a home invasion in my neighborhood at 2:30 one Sunday afternoon. Teenage girl got out of the house fortunately. It is not worth the risk, having it locked up. I have educated my children and they know it is there and there is a round in the chamber. They also know how to clear it. And yes it follows me into the ass station lol

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    "and yes it follows me into the ass station'

Ditto :yesway:

mine follows me, yes indeed. but its hard to keep an IWB mount on when not wearing pants, thats my entire point.

in fact, the whole 'not wearing pants' factor is pretty much why i don't keep a gun at my hip when i'm home.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Mine is on me 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, it (and another one that is kept downstairs at all times) is typically within 5 feet of me. Usually if I'm not downstairs, I'll be up in the master bedroom and I'm close to a lot more things that the BG should be even more worried about than my 9mm.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Used to have a gun on me at all times. Now I have a gun on me if I open the front door or step outside, even to check the mail. Once in the house the gun is within reach. If someone comes over I have a quick access safe if for some reason I wanted to put the gun up. Otherwise all the guns that are not on me are in a stand alone safe.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    mine follows me, yes indeed. but its hard to keep an IWB mount on when not wearing pants, thats my entire point.

in fact, the whole 'not wearing pants' factor is pretty much why i don't keep a gun at my hip when i'm home.

The only time I'm not wearing shorts or pants :D is either in the shower or sleeping. While in the shower, the EDC sits on the bathroom counter right next to my cell phone. While sleeping it's under my pillow. Walking into the bathroom from my bedroom (to make a night deposit :laugh:)requires me to carry my EDC with me. Its now habit-put on glasses, grab gun and go.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    95% of the time I have it on me. Family, friends even kids friends know I have it on me (especally the boyfriend). Too many kids in the house to have one close by left unattended. Kids usually have friends over. I also have 2 loaded shotguns in my bedroom and I have no problems telling my kids, who have been taught gun safety and how to shoot, to go get it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have 3 kids 1-5. My gun is on my hip until I take my pants off to go to bed. I don't dare leave it somewhere, so that just leaves the pistol box next to the bed or the safe. Neither of those are what I consider readily accessible. When I go to bed it goes in the pistol box. I wake up, take a shower, and strap it on when I get dressed.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    when i get home my carry is placed on the desk which is where im at 90% of the time. there is a 12guage in the closet by the front door and in the bed room. the last one is is the 92 under my pillow

DogBurton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Situational

It depends on where I am - Where I live, and who is around. Some of us are of a no-compromise mind-set; always ready no matter what. I think even that is a variable called, personality. I don't feel I live at home where anyone has ever walked into any neighbor's house or mine. But, I do want to be at a level of preparedness with a close firearm. I have fire extinguishers around, but do not carry them on me. Some of you are in other situations. Other forum topics comes to mind when reading these. That is the topic of - guns in the shower.

So, carrying while at home? It depends on your individual situation.

model60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    I live in the country on a gravel road, kinda isolated...12 ga. coach gun/#4 heavy loads at bedroom door, 2" Rossi/ 125gr. XTP on hip , 4" S&W 19/+p near to hand.

Top Bottom