• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    For the most part, my EDC goes on my nightstand at home. I usually don't carry it on my person. Now, with that said, I do carry a derringer in my pocket, and that's usually there from the moment I roll out to the moment I roll back in.

I figure even though the derringer gives me only two shots, it's enough to hold the BG up and go grab my gun.

19Delta

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I have one on at all times other than when I go to sleep it's on the nightstand or when I sit on the crapper it's next to me.
    I got robbed years ago. I was 5' from my gun and didn't have time to get to it when they kicked in my door.
    Sick feeling when 2 SOBs kick your door in, stick a cannon to your head, threaten your wife and baby, then fix themselves sandwiches and Pepsi from your fridge.
    It's enought to make sure it will never happen again.

Serious? Where were you living at the time. That had to suck!

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    The only time a gun is not on me at home is when I am taking a bath or in bed, although one is always within reach. It does you no good if you don't have one during a home invasion.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I used to have a gun within arms reach of me most anyplace in my home. Then I was taught that I can trust my government to save me in my time of extreme need. You are truely getting rid of crime on our american streets.

Thank you Obama. Praise you Obama. Heil Obama.

Your loyal Nazi Minion

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I carry mine IWB at home, I put it up when I go to sleep, shotguns are for middle of the night stuff anyway. Which is by my bed.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you have a comfortable carry set up (and why wouldn't you) I see no reason to take it on and off through out the day. Mine goes on my headboard in a pocket holster(can put it in the robe pocket if need be) at night, and then back in my IWB holster during the day.

And yet, you have no idea what other INGOers do to fill their day. I can think of several reasons it would be coming on and off, or never go on at all, during the course of a day.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Carry 100% of the time at home. It's where everyone and everything that I love the most resides...what BETTER place to carry is there? That's where everyting is worth protecting.

I don't understand the mentality of carrying outside of the home and then thinking you entered a little fortress and put it in a safe. Backwards thinking IMO.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I have one on at all times other than when I go to sleep it's on the nightstand or when I sit on the crapper it's next to me.
    I got robbed years ago. I was 5' from my gun and didn't have time to get to it when they kicked in my door.
    Sick feeling when 2 SOBs kick your door in, stick a cannon to your head, threaten your wife and baby, then fix themselves sandwiches and Pepsi from your fridge.
    It's enought to make sure it will never happen again.

Dang... that must have been hellish to go through. :xmad:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    That's why it is good to have your gun right where you need it. Carry at home if you want depending on how big your house is.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Always in a place where it can be reached rather quickly and ready to fire. I am 70 years old and no longer have small children in the home to be concerned with. Home invasions are on the rise. The perception being the elderly are easy targets.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I live in a condo with my brother and even though during nights, the main door is time locked, it's still a glass door that can be easily broken.

My brother just turned 21 and we don't see each other because either of classes or for me, work, there are times where we can be alone at home and it was always a good idea to keep guns close and even out in the open where we can easily grab it. The anti gun guys might be put off by that but to us, my handgun on my computer table is the same as the fire extinguisher next to the sink out in the open. It's there just in case and easy to reach for

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Dang... that must have been hellish to go through. :xmad:
    I think the worst part of all of it was that after a 1/2 second or so I wasn't scared. My emotions turned to anger but I kept my head, kept a civil tongue, and rode out the storm until they walked out the door.
    At that point I got to my gun and I have kept it with me. I am not without protection.
    I looked at my wife and son and was thankful that their lives were spared.
    I was young and knew "It can't happen to me"
    I was lucky and I don't have that much luck to spare.
    Never again.
    What did I learn? S..t happens faster than you can imagine.
    Be prepared and take precautions BEFORE any SHTF comes up.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I don't always carry at home. Mainly because I just can't seem to find a comfortable way to carry, especially since i gained a few lbs over the holidays...belts with OWB and IWB are uncomfortable, I most often ankle carry. LOL...the other day, I was IWB at about the 2:00 position. I went to sit down on the sofa and the muzzle poked me hard in the thigh, so i twisted as i was lowering myself onto the sofa, and ended up banging the back of my head real hard on the wooden frame of the sofa. :xmad:

I do always have one in the nightstand at the very least. I have 2 dogs who will hopefully forewarn me if any perps are around.

Besides, you guys are missing an opportunity for a great excuse to buy more guns! One for each room sounds good to me! Why not one for each corner of the room?

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Morning till night, on my hip. Night till morning on the night stand with a 9mm carbine next to the night stand.

Top Bottom