• ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    There should not be many things in the world:

First get rid of all the criminals, evil governments (foreign and domestic) that want to take away my freedoms, war, racism, greed, hatred and the other crap we need and use guns to control/stop and I may agree with him. Maybe that's why Adam and Eve weren't packing heat. On second thought if they had a snake gun the world would be a better place. Guns were invented for a reason and that reason still exists.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Guns are bad.

MrMackey.gif

:):

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    And what was the crime rate before guns?

Experts cannot definitively agree upon the date and location, but the earliest record of a firearm used, was when the Egyption Mumlukes used a primitive pistol against the Moguls in the battle of Ain Julute, circa 1260.

No definitive record of the rate of crime were ever kept prior to the recognition of the modern need to do so.

However, since Cain murdering Abel was the first documented violent crime performed without a firearm, there has been hundreds of thousands of years of wars and crimes committed before the invention and use of the firearm in such a manner. Since it's invention, there are hundreds of years of violent crimes committed without a firearm as well.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The world was a very violent place before guns were created. If you could snap your fingers and make every gun and every memory of what a gun was disappear, the number of people that die due to violent crime would not be effected. They would be bludgeoned, beheaded, crushed and stabbed instead of being shot. The invention of the gun did not change human nature and the elimination of them today will not change human nature. What the invention of the gun did was to give a normal person a chance to survive when confronted with someone willing to kill them for their possessions.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The world was a very violent place before guns were created. If you could snap your fingers and make every gun and every memory of what a gun was disappear, the number of people that die due to violent crime would not be effected. They would be bludgeoned, beheaded, crushed and stabbed instead of being shot. The invention of the gun did not change human nature and the elimination of them today will not change human nature. What the invention of the gun did was to give a normal person a chance to survive when confronted with someone willing to kill them for their possessions.

Especially when that someone is bigger. Guns give the smaller guy equal footing with the bigger guy. Previous to the existence of guns, the little guy was usually massacred by the bigger guy.

I'd rep you for that post, but I've apparently given out too much rep in the last 24 hours.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    IIRC, that was originally supposed to be an epic fight scene, but Harrison Ford wasn't feeling it, so he improvised and they went with him just shooting the MWAS (Man With A Sword) :D

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    There was a time that a friends daughter want me to come and speak to her high school Ethics class. Seemed she thought it was unusual for an individual to be able to feed their self by hunting and fishing....still needed to buy bacon...hence the need for employment.
    I declined because they would not allow me this one little demonstration.
    Take a .45 automatic, fully loaded, chamber a round and lay it on the desk, safety off. No one is to touch it, look at it, disturb it in any way.
    After fielding any and all question, do a little song and dance about the inner meaning of life and bacon, point out that this evil gun has done nothing. It is nothing but cold inanimate metal. That only in the hands of man...oops of a person can it do anything at all. Just like whiskey, medicines, cars even a lowly cell phone, only people make it good or bad.
    You are responsible....
    That all went over like a lead balloon, seems that young people about to enter college can't handle subjects like that.

Did I go over the top when I pointed out maybe we shouldn't get rid of the guns but should get rid of the people??????? ;) Duce<><

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Some of you have interesting "responses".

I never understood why it is gun grabbers are considered "stupid" for projecting onto guns... yet gun owners are free to personify their guns by naming them, and talking about their guns habits.

Both views seem equally crazy to me. Guns are tools, nothing more. Perhaps if we presented ourselves in a rational and practical manner, there would be less gun grabbers in this world.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

I never understood why it is gun grabbers are considered "stupid" for projecting onto guns... yet gun owners are free to personify their guns by naming them, and talking about their guns habits.

Both views seem equally crazy to me. Guns are tools, nothing more. Perhaps if we presented ourselves in a rational and practical manner, there would be less gun grabbers in this world.
    I'm afraid you're hoping for the impossible.
    The Anti's have proved time, and time again that they are not interested in rational thinking.
    They act/react entirely on emotion.
    Comprehensive consideration of the facts are beyond their reasoning abilities. To them we are a bunch of vicious, hate mongering, killers who revel in bloodshed and mayhem.
    In short, they are stupid!!
    Mike

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010

Its not so much that firearms are personified, as the passions one chooses to display of hobby, or sport, or heritage, or even their own birthright to pass unto their own progeny.

Most gun owners that I've encountered, starting with my own family, demonstrate the responsible, rational, and practical handling of the same. It would be a breath of fresh air if the gun grabbers actually embraced the same passion for the truth, as they opine of firearms and the people who utilize them.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I'm afraid you're hoping for the impossible.
    The Anti's have proved time, and time again that they are not interested in rational thinking.
    They act/react entirely on emotion.
    Comprehensive consideration of the facts are beyond their reasoning abilities. To them we are a bunch of vicious, hate mongering, killers who revel in bloodshed and mayhem.
    In short, they are stupid!!
    Mike

I must strenuously disagree with your generalization of the antis as stupid.

Quite the contrary, they are ingenious, but incredibly dishonest in their portrayals of firearms and the owners/users of the same.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I think iamaclone45 got it right with post #9.

Quite possibly, and entirely likely.

However, the original post not withstanding, the subsequent posts of the issue and related issues, have been fairly on point and well debated.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I must strenuously disagree with your generalization of the antis as stupid.

Quite the contrary, they are ingenious, but incredibly dishonest in their portrayals of firearms and the owners/users of the same.
    Ingenious, meaning clever, or cunning, also applies to rats, mice and other vermin. It does not automatically confer reasoning ability.
    Stupid, in the context that I was using, means "Devoid of good sense or judgment."
    Which, IMO, aptly describes virtually all of the anti gun crowd. :)
    Mike

Top Bottom