• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Has anyone ever tried to purchase a gun from Guns America? I submitted a bid at the asking price, but there is no way to tell what is going on or what happens after the bid is made. Is it anything like Ebay where the seller has a certain amount of time to reply? Any info is appreciated.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Tuesday I was at the home of a dealer who sells on GunsAmerica. He said he gets emails when someone hits the "Buy It" button. He works a day job so he has to check his emails as often as possible to keep up on who is interested in his many guns for sale.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I have bought a couple of nice pistols on GunsAmerica but none in an auction. I do know to stay with FFL dealers with as many verified sales as possible on there. There are a lot of scams on there from unverified one time posters. Be Careful!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have bought a couple of nice pistols on GunsAmerica but none in an auction. I do know to stay with FFL dealers with as many verified sales as possible on there. There are a lot of scams on there from unverified one time posters. Be Careful!

Thanks for the "heads-up" Big Tim. I will definitely watch what I'm doing and make sure to make the purchase with Amex. Those guys are brutal when someone screws over their members. They have gotten my money back a couple of times.

Tuesday I was at the home of a dealer who sells on GunsAmerica. He said he gets emails when someone hits the "Buy It" button. He works a day job so he has to check his emails as often as possible to keep up on who is interested in his many guns for sale.

I will give the guy a couple of days and then move on. Thanks for the info.

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    Good posts there, I've always looked around on GunAmerica but haven't bought anything off there. I guess it's like any auction site - caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. Thanks for the heads up! :yesway:

denglazer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I've purchased numerous items from Gunbroker,AuctionArms,and GunsAmerica and of the 3, GunsAmerica has been the least enjoyable.Some of the sellers on that site seem to have a "you can wait until I get to it" attitude that I find a little rude.Personally,I wouldn't purchase anything there unless I positively couldn't find it anywhere else.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've purchased numerous items from Gunbroker,AuctionArms,and GunsAmerica and of the 3, GunsAmerica has been the least enjoyable.Some of the sellers on that site seem to have a "you can wait until I get to it" attitude that I find a little rude.Personally,I wouldn't purchase anything there unless I positively couldn't find it anywhere else.

It took the seller a couple of days to get back to me. When I did speak with him and completed the purchase, I had to call my local gun shop (Bradis) to arrange delivery. It happened they just got the gun in and it was $5 cheaper. I immediately cancelled the GunsAmerica order and got to support my local shop like I wanted in the first place.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom