• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Got this in an email from Calguns. I haven't done any research on it but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone interested.

(CALGUNS, INC.) - HEALDSBURG, CA. For Immediate Release Oct 29, 2009

Announcing GUNPAL, Inc. - A Revolutionary Way to Send Money on the Web.

Read about it on Calguns here

GUNPAL, Inc. is a transaction-neutral online payments platform with a philanthropic spirit,” announces Founder/CEO Ben Cannon. "It is also the first serious competitor for PayPal Inc."
    A percentage of each transaction is donated to a selected charity at no additional cost to the user. The initial list of organizations includes the American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, and the Supercomputing Disease Research Center. Users can also suggest charities for consideration.
    An avid supporter of constitutional rights, Cannon created a discrimination-free online payments application, starting with the recognition of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
    Prohibited by PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy", the $3 billion firearms and accessories industry has adopted GUNPAL as the payments platform of choice. “Firearms can only be sold by licensed dealers. GUNPAL is more convenient than other forms of payment as its comprehensive transaction tracking system is secure and reliable for our audits,” says Mitchel Chapman of WBtactical.com, a licensed firearms dealer.
    An estimated one hundred million firearm owners nationwide now have a platform with which they can trade ammunition, scopes, and other accessories securely and hassle-free. As a socially responsible company, GUNPAL directs its firearm buyers to government documentation on current firearm laws and regulations and will provide licensed dealer listings by buyers' zip codes in a future release. Having dominated the firearms niche, GUNPAL is already targeting other under-served markets with several new projects under way.
    With every line of code written in-house, most of the engineering effort has been dedicated to fraud prevention. GUNPAL’s unique anti-fraud and anti-phishing systems take a finer-toothed comb through customer data for maximum privacy and security. Reduced fraud cuts operating costs resulting in lower fees for most common transactions as compared to PAYPAL. Cannon's first company, GeoVario, LLC, was the natural choice for web-hosting services.
    Founded in 2004, GUNPAL is a transaction-neutral online payment system that allows easy transfer of funds to anyone with an email address. Privately funded, GUNPAL has revolutionized the transfer of money with its pro-constitutional voice, unique anti-fraud approach, and philanthropic spirit. The company is expected to expand its services internationally in the near future.
    For further information and questions, please contact pr@gunpal.net or visit http://www.gunpal.net
    -Ben Cannon
    CEO
    GUNPAL, Inc.

------
    Calguns, Inc. is California’s premier organization dedicated to serving the firearms community. Its 35,000 members enjoy the robust discussion forums at Calguns.com, one of the largest and most active on the internet. For more information visit www.calguns.com or contact media@calguns.com.

The Calguns Foundation (www.calgunsfoundation.org) is a non-profit legal defense fund for California gun owners. The Calguns Foundation works to educate government and the public and protect the rights of individuals to own and lawfully use firearms in California. Donate Now to support our rights!

( "Calguns", all associated variants and logos are © Copyright and Trademarks of Calguns, Inc. 2000-2009, All Rights Reserved. )
    ( "GeoVario", all associated variants and logos are © Copyright and Trademarks of GeoVario, LLC. 1994-2009, All Rights Reserved. )
    ( "The Calguns Foundation", "calgunsfoundation.org", all associated variants and logos are © Copyright and Trademarks of The Calguns Foundation. 2008-2009, All Rights Reserved. )

To UNsubscribe from future mailings - please log into your account at http://www.calguns.net/ and make sure 'Recieve E-mail from Administrators" is OFF.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Gunpal was founded in 2004 and we're just now hearing about it???

I thought we were moving at the speed of the internet.

Or they are just now signing people up?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You probably know more about it than I do as I didn't read the entire email. I'm a member of Calguns forum and they send me emails. I thought people might want to look into it.:dunno:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    if you look at all the people associated with this Company you'll see about of people connected to the gun community.

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(

I think its been in development and BETA until two days ago when they went LIVE with it. Personally I am gonna wait a while and see what people say about it before signing up.

But CALGUNS is a good organization, they are a major player in the battle for gun rights in California.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Hopefully it's more secure than PayPal, which can be defeated through some simple header spoofing... but yes, this is a welcome alternative to PayPal's draconian, anti-gun policies.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I like the idea.

I wish they didn't include the word "gun" or the word "pal" in their name.

I just want a legitimate alternative to PayPal, for any item, including firearms.

And I don't want them to sound like a knockoff either. And mentioning PayPal on their site is not a good marketing scheme. Pepsi cans do not say "A great alternative to Coka-Cola!"

aguncrank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Gunpal works great – a report

hope you don't mind a foreigner from the prk joining and posting here. thought you might be interested in my report.
    icon7.gif
    btw you sure have a lot of activity on your forum - nice to visit.

I thought I would write this report of my experience with gunpal and post it as a new topic or as a reply to as many forum discussions as I could find. I became aware of gunpal for the first time yesterday afternoon, Oct 29, on the Yellow forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1256842466/An+alternative+to+%26quot%3Bnot+gun+friendly%26quot%3B%2C+PayPal.++Gunpal+is+there+for+you

If you go there and read the thread you will see I posted that I was willing to be a “test case” with a seller on this airgun forum. I did some quick internet research and was very comfortable with the gunpal company. A small target frame maker, Cal, offered to join the test and away we went. I signed up with gunpal which was very easy and problem free. They donate a small (unknown and would like to know) amount of the sale to a charity or nonprofit you choose when you sign up. The NRA is one of the choices which made me very happy to see. That was my choice. The seller signed up and sent me the amount needed for the purchase. At 5:02 I made payment and almost immediately got an email from gunpal stating money sent with a transaction number and a link to their site. I went to the site and it showed funds sent. Cal received an email shortly after telling him he had money. I further tested the site by doing a support question to them about the checking account verification method and received an email back the last evening with a satisfactory reply. So my first experience went well and I will use gunpal all I can.

I am from kalifornia and found that gunpal may not be available in some states. I see New York is one of the states but know from a post by Ben Cannon, the ceo of gunpal, is working on making it happen there. Ben seems to be a very energetic person and appears to be very involved personally in making this work. I believe from my short time, less than 24 hours, since I found out about this a tremendous groundswell is occurring. It is spreading like wildfire in a high wind. From a Google search yesterday afternoon to one this morning there are many more hits showing posts and discussions about the service. I am sure by Monday it will be a discussion found on many, many forums and blogs.

I am a long time ebay/paypaler, since the late 90’s, and like most have become more and more disgruntled with the whole operation. I hope all reading this will support this new payment method and if you believe in it please try to get the industry suppliers to accept it. This is my opinion and I am not connected to gunpal in any way other that using it as a payment service. Due to the number of forums I will be posting this on I will probably not be able to reply to questions unless pm’ed to me. If you got to the end - Thanks for reading = bill

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well, I was going to list an auction for a 'scope on Gunbroker, and have this as the only form of payment I'll accept.

However, I cannot list anything for sale because they now require a credit card ON FILE, and a debit card WILL NOT WORK! I do not do credit cards, so they've lost my business.

They're going the way of eBay.

Josh <><

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom