• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Well, when the local stealer wants retail instead of market value for something (say $600 for a parked Springfield GI instead of $500-$520), but only charges $25 for a transfer fee, they're not gonna get a retail sale.

Some dealers don't understand that there's this beautiful thing called the internet that they now have to compete with wether they like it or not.

$520+$25 shipping+$25 transfer fee= $570
    $600+$42 tax=$642

I'm not in a financial position to donate to someone's wallet like that just because. They'll get my $25 for making a phone call and keeping the 4473 on hand in this case.

If a dealer actually has that gun for a good price (i.e. Plainfield for $505) then I'd buy it without thinking twice. Why? Because they're competing and doing everything they can to give you a deal and make money at the same time.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Bought a couple off gun broker, no problems but their are some slick willies you have watch out for, i like the ones that state gun appears to have no rust then post a bunch of blurry pics that still show scuffs and rust, if they blur the pics usually their trying to hide something, real funny how they can take clear pics for the nicer guns then blur the others.

rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    bought probably 1/2 dozen long guns. Only had one problem and the seller fixed it (sent the wrong muzzleloader). He sent the correct gun with a return label so I wasn't out anything.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I've used GB several times, problem I have is last time I checked with PopGuns they where no longer offering FFL services...

I know I seen a list on here of local FFL's that where accepting transfers for $15,20,25... I need to find one and see about doing that soon. I have a couple on GunBroker I'm watching.

Top Bottom