• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I've only bought 1 off of there but I had no problems. You do need to know your prices though, there are items on there that are just rediculously priced.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    I have used them several times with no problems at all, but i always buy from someone with an established feedback. Had a problem with another site. In that case felt like customer service wasn't any help. On gunbroker many people prefer the version 2 format to the version 4. I like to buy locally but on high dollar items the no sales tax thing is hard to pass.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    by the time you pay shipping and transfer fees, ya might as well go to a gun store. I find the best deals at gun shows, the Indy 1500 in particular.:ar15:

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    by the time you pay shipping and transfer fees, ya might as well go to a gun store. I find the best deals at gun shows, the Indy 1500 in particular.:ar15:
    Depends on the value of the firearm. Over $1000, it's worth looking at. Over $2000, it's almost a no-brainer. $140 for tax, plus the overhead of the local dealer on the firearm itself, vs. $25 FFL fee and $20 for shipping. Even if the firearm is the same price, you're better off transferring it in.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I've bought parts off of there fairly often. Haven't bought a complete piece yet though - either it's priced ridiculously or someone snatches it up before I can get to it. :-)

I will eventually, though.... there's a couple of special markings I'm looking for that will most likely come from a national venue like Gunbroker.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Gunbroker...I have purchased and sold many guns on that website and all have gone off without a hitch. The site itself is great, just be careful as to what you are buying and how much it costs.

When you buy online, remember that you have to pay a shipping fee (usually an additional $15 - $30) as well as a transfer fee to your local FFL dealer (again, typically $15-$30), and some might charge you state sales tax (7%). So make sure you add all of these additional costs up before you buy and don't think you are getting a 'good deal' just because the price of the gun is less than your local FFL dealer.

Before you shop online, pend some time looking around local FFL dealers to see what sthey have in stock, what their prices are, and, if you don't see it, ask them what they can get one in for? This way, you'll have a better idea what a good deal online really looks like. Also, check out different gun sales sites...you can find out what the prices are on average and maybe you'll find a better deal on another site... auctionarms.com and impactguns.com can give you a better idea of what others are charging and help you to find good deals. They're out there...you just have to search to find them.

Standard guns (Glock, Ruger, S&W, etc.) a lot of times your local FFL dealer can do as well or better than an online deal simply due to all of the additional fees. Only in hard to find items or with expensive guns ($1200 - $1500 or higher) can you get a better deal.

Selling can be just as tricky because you don't want to overprice your gun and miss out on a sale because a local FFL can get the buyer a new gun cheaper.

It's all about education...take the time to educate yourself about gun prices and who has them so you get the better deal.

I agree...gun shows can (usually) provide the best prices for everyday guns and you can shop several different sellers fairly quickly all in one location.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ive bought a lot of stuff of there, and almost always get great deals. I use it as a resource as well to find the "going" rate on a used firearm before I buy. A lot of very unique stuff on there as well.

Top Bottom