• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I know, but what are ya gonna do if that's what they charge? There's one place that charges $20 but it's 30-40 miles away. Otherwise it's $30 for the shop I use or $50-75 for everyone else.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I know, but what are ya gonna do if that's what they charge? There's one place that charges $20 but it's 30-40 miles away. Otherwise it's $30 for the shop I use or $50-75 for everyone else.

NW Indiana shops do charge more than many other places in State. People don't realize that driving to Evansville for that $20 transfer is going to eat way more than the savings in gas. I think you did fine

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, standard transfer fee around here is $50. I've seen $75. :rolleyes:

Who the hell is asking 75? I want to know.
    As for the transfer, unless you intend on not following through on the gun, you should have completed the transfer, because you are just screwing with your FFL and wasting his time- for $30 he's now into it for double the time (at minimum) that he signed up for due to no fault of his own.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    FFL was the one who suggested holding off on completing the transfer. How is it costing him so much more for the gun to sit in his back room until I contact the seller?

Freedom Arms in CP-- $50 for transfers unless it's from CTD or Bud's, then $75.

Last edited:

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I charge $75 because I don't want to do it. I do gunsmithing. Period. But according to our BATF I have to have a Class I FFL in order to do business. When I tell people that I charge $75 for a transfer, because I don't want to do them, they typically go somewhere else. If they do transfer it through me, well...I guess I made $75.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    FFL was the one who suggested holding off on completing the transfer. How is it costing him so much more for the gun to sit in his back room until I contact the seller?

Freedom Arms in CP-- $50 for transfers unless it's from CTD or Bud's, then $75.
    they need all that extra money for air freshener to keep the rotten fish bait smell under control.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    they need all that extra money for air freshener to keep the rotten fish bait smell under control.

You'd think they could afford to keep the lights on all day. They don't turn on the lights until someone walks in.

But I can't complain about them too much. I walked in and saw a dusty old range bag on a shelf... no price on it. I asked the guy how much it was.. he told me to make him an offer. I said $5 and he said OK. Took it home and put it in the washer, and it's perfect.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt at first and assume it was an honest mistake. I plan to contact him, but before I do, I'm just curious about whether he can revise the listing after the fact.

Here is the link to the listing. Junior Mossberg 500c 20 ga pump shotgun : Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com

There is probably a reason why this line is added to every page:
    This auction has ended
    This page is only available for a limited time. Please print or save a copy for your records.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    You'd think they could afford to keep the lights on all day. They don't turn on the lights until someone walks in.

But I can't complain about them too much. I walked in and saw a dusty old range bag on a shelf... no price on it. I asked the guy how much it was.. he told me to make him an offer. I said $5 and he said OK. Took it home and put it in the washer, and it's perfect.
    You need to go to auctions like I do and learn the bidding starts at a dollar and doesn't go over five dollars and stay out of the bidding wars with others ( the auctioneers will have his people in the crowd to try and keep high prices for his percentage of the deal) to make money. Heard anything else about the gun case?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Are you going to pay to ship it back? Your FFL is not going to ship it back and eat that cost. Its all on you.

And how would you get a refund from a seller who won't give up a $12 plastic gun case?

Did I say I was expecting the FFL to ship it back? The seller is responsible for this whole thing. I expect:

1) seller to send me the case
    or
    2) seller to issue a partial refund to compensate for the case
    or
    3) seller to have the gun picked up at his own expense and issue me a full refund.

At this point, I really don't care which way it goes.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ok, I heard from the seller. It was a mistake. There was no case included. He cut and pasted another listing and missed the part about the case.

He is going to refund me $20, and I'm good with that.

Oh, and thanks to my fellow NW In INGO members in this thread who immediately jumped on me and accused me of taking advantage of the FFL. :rolleyes: Way to be supportive.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ok, I heard from the seller. It was a mistake. There was no case included. He cut and pasted another listing and missed the part about the case.

He is going to refund me $20, and I'm good with that.

Oh, and thanks to my fellow NW In INGO members in this thread who immediately jumped on me and accused me of taking advantage of the FFL. :rolleyes: Way to be supportive.

You win some and you lose some. Good to get some money back.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom