• ...and so much more!
  • bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    icon5.gif
    Anybody have info. on this year's "Gunapaloosa" event in Shelby County? Seems like it should be coming up soon but I haven't seen anything on it yet. TIA

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Gunapaloosa, is a great part of friends of NRA. Brad Landwerlan and his merry crew put on a great event! Last year I won four (4) firearms there.
    Note the year before, I won nothing. last year I just had a lucky day!
    Food is grilled right there and also there various machinegun and suppressed guns to fire ( for a price, part of games of chance.)
    Tickets are pricesy, but worth it!

Mike:welcome:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    It is the annual Friends of the NRA banquet. John Crone is the Field Rep there. Will be held at the Shelby Co FOP on August 14th.

I went to the Lafayette banquet last year. I have never seen so many guns given away at a local level event in my life. Warm up quickie raffles included Ruger LCPs, Henry 22 lever actions, an M1 Carbine, M1 garand, etc... a total of 8 raffles. Tickets for these were 20 bucks with only 50 per gun sold...a 1 in 50 chance isn't bad...lol. Then there were about 20 bucket games where you could win chances to win guns, there were 5 Kimber 45s given away, a Weatherby 257, more Henrys, AR15, and more. The Gunapaloosa drawing saw another 10 guns given away including a Springfield M1A, AR15, EAA 40, S&W 40, and many others. The live auction included a match set of Ruger Vaqueros, a Colt Commander, another M1 Garand and a few other firearms not the mention all the non-firearms goodies given away or sold in the live and silent auctions. One silent auction item was a very minty H&R Model 12 target 22! The Ammopaloosa drawing was for 7000 rounds of ammo in various calibers...all to one person. My luck was about average for me...I won a knife which I gifted to a young boy who was helping with the event and I bought the NRA print of the year at the live auction.

badboysjpeg-lg.jpg

Last edited:

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    well i need to ask the obvious......how can the average guy(me and prolly bunch of other INGOers) attend such a cool sounding event?? tix? membership requirements? and all other important details?? thanks.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    If you want to attend you really need to get in touch with Brad or one of the other committee members of shelby counties "Friends of NRA" banquet committee. Tal;ked to Brad a while back at the Columbus banquet and he did say that the tickets were selling and they are limited on the number they sell! Bought mine and the wife and I are ready to go!

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    well since i am not on any committee or friends with anyone on some committee....i'll sit this one out. still think i'm a friend of the nra though.;)..thanks for reply.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    well since i am not on any committee or friends with anyone on some committee....i'll sit this one out. still think i'm a friend of the nra though.;)..thanks for reply.

These are "Friends of the NRA" events. They require NO membership or affiliation to attend or win a firearm or other prizes.

Each regional banquet is slightly different in the games they hold, the prizes given away, and even the total attendance.

If you would like to attend, the banquet tickets are $35.00@ for the Tippecanoe dinner. Games and raffles are extra. Most have an open bar.

Sponsorships are available. I have been a "Liberty Plus" sponsor for a few years now.

Tickets are available through committee members, and some retailers.

Any more questions?

Kimber7man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lawrence
    Got a friend on the Shelby County Council, might just ask her about this. Also have a hunting buddy in Lafayette - when is the Tippecanoe County event this year?

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70

This is not the Shelby County Friends of the NRA Banquet, it is held in February. This is an additional fun raiser event to benefit Friends of the NRA and local shooting clubs.

This event requires a $200 ticket purchase and only 250 tickets are available. Your name is dropped in a tumbler and one name is pulled out for each firearm. If you win, you can buy back in for $200 until the last firearm is given away. The minimum cost of a firearm given away is $250 and increase in price for each firearm. Firearms in the past have included LCPs, S&W 460s, M1A National Match and a .50 cal rifle. Additional events at Gunapalossa include a chance to shoot a Thompson and a suppressed rifles and pistols. I will attempt to get a copy of the firearms list and post it.

Shelby Co was the first Friends of the NRA group to host this event and the idea was developed by their committee. The event has been such a success that the event has been featured in the NRA magazine and last years event was visited by heads of the NRA.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:00 PM - Shelbyville, IN
    Committee Name: Shelby County
    Field Rep: John Crone

Shelby Co. FOP
    1237 N. Knightstown Rd
    Shelbyville, IN
    Brad Landwerlen
    Phone:(317) 392-6444
    Email: Brad.Landwerlen@co.shelby.in.us

Ticket Link: https://www.friendsofnra.org/EventDocs.aspx?eid=6505

Last edited:

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    This is not the Shelby County Friends of the NRA Banquet, it is held in February. This is an additional fun raiser event to benefit Friends of the NRA and local shooting clubs.

This event requires a $200 ticket purchase and only 250 tickets are available. Your name is dropped in a tumbler and one name is pulled out for each firearm. If you win, you can buy back in for $200 until the last firearm is given away. The minimum cost of a firearm given away is $250 and increase in price for each firearm. Firearms in the past have included LCPs, S&W 460s, M1A National Match and a .50 cal rifle. Additional events at Gunapalossa include a chance to shoot a Thompson and a suppressed rifles and pistols. I will attempt to get a copy of the firearms list and post it.

Shelby Co was the first Friends of the NRA group to host this event and the idea was developed by their committee. The event has been such a success that the event has been featured in the NRA magazine and last years event was visited by heads of the NRA.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:00 PM - Shelbyville, IN
    Committee Name: Shelby County
    Field Rep: John Crone
    Shelby Co. FOP
    1237 N. Knightstown Rd
    Shelbyville, IN
    Brad Landwerlen
    Phone:(317) 392-6444
    Email: Brad.Landwerlen@co.shelby.in.us

Ticket Link: https://www.friendsofnra.org/EventDocs.aspx?eid=6505
    A slight correction MK18, only 175 tickets will be sold at 200 dollars each. I think your chances are about 1 in 3.60 of winning a firearm. They had a couple of full autos to shoot last year. One of them was a Thompson. Fun for the whole family, good food and the money goes to a great cause.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I have won 5 different firearms at the FNRA banquets in the last three months. One at the indy south side banquet, 2 at the Johnson cty banquet and 2 at the Bartholomew cty banquet. Like I said in the above post, Good food, good times and all for a good cause. I will be at the GUNAPALOOZA IV in Shelbyville. I already have my ticket(it will sell out).

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    [FONT=&quot]You are invited to the 2010 Friends of NRA[/FONT]
    GUNAPALOOZA IV
    [FONT=&quot]Cookout And Gun Giveaway![/FONT]

When? Saturday, August 14, 2010

Doors open at 5:00 p.m.

Drawing begins at 7:00
    Where? Shelby County F.O.P.

1237 N. Knightstown Rd.
    Shelbyville, IN 46176

How Many Tickets? Just 175 tickets will be sold (so get yours fast!)
    What to eat? Cookout-style fare (brats, burgers, hot dogs, slaw...)
    Who’s hosting the event? Shelby County Friends of NRA Committee
    Who benefits? Primarily Indiana Youth Shooting Sports Programs!

Gunapalooza IV will be a fun-filled Friends of NRA fundraising event – very different from the normal Friends of NRA events. There will be no live auction, and none of the normal “standard package” items which we have at the regular Friends of NRA events. We will have a limited silent auction, and just a few games (hopefully including another machine gun shooting game and shotgun shooting game - weather permitting). For a $200.00 donation, you will receive one ticket which will get you and one guest in the door for the cookout-style dinner, and one entry for the primary event of the evening – the Gunapalooza IV Gun Giveaway!

Part of Shelby County Boy Scout Troop 71 pose with some of the guns they’ve purchased with Friends of NRA funds!

The prizes for this drawing will be at least 50 coveted guns (see the enclosed photo-flyer). You will have at least a 1-in-4 chance of winning one of these fine firearms! The guns this year have an average MSRP value of over $850.00 each! This drawing will be conducted in a manner to add fun and excitement (see below for more information on the drawing). No more than 175 tickets will be sold for this event. You need not be present to play or win. Money raised will go into the Indiana FNRA coffer and primarily benefit Indiana youth shooting sports. Each ticket holder present will also receive a special limited-edition NRA lockback clip knife (not the same one we gave away 2 years ago). Plus ya get that cozy feeling of knowing that you’ve enhanced the lives of thousands of Indiana kids. It’s a
    win-win!!! But … get your tickets soon – this event WILL SELL OUT quickly, as it does every year.

The Gunapalooza IV Gun Giveaway Drawing

Each participant present will place his/her own ticket into one of several identical containers, and then place the container into the hopper. If you are not present, we will do this for you, and we will check prior to beginning the drawing to ensure that EVERY ticket holder, present or not, is in the drawing. The tickets will then be mixed well in our custom-built Gunapalooza shotgun-shell hopper (courtesy of J&L Tool). We will then draw for the least-expensive gun first, working up finally to the one with the highest MSRP. If we draw your name, you have three options:
    1. Take the gun, and be out of future drawings for the guns with higher MSRPs;
    2. Refuse the gun, and we draw another name and place your name back into the
    hopper for later drawings for the nicer guns; or
    3. Take the gun, and “buy back into” the drawing for another $200 (this gets you
    into the “buy-back-in drawing as well).

*If you are not present in person or by proxy:you will receive the gun for
    which your name is drawn, and you will be notified of your win.

$204,000 In FNRA Grants To Worthy INDIANA Causes in 2009!!

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    1. $1500 Boone County 4-H Shooting Sports
    2. $1500 Farm & Hunters Feeding the Hungry
    3. $4000 Shelby County 4-H Shooting Sports
    4. $2000 Barth. Co. Conserv. Club (Hunter Ed & 4-H)
    5. $4500 Red Brush Rifle Range Youth Shooting
    6. $3000 Johnson County 4-H
    7. $2500 YMCA Camp Tecumseh
    8. $2000 Columbus Gun Youth Club
    9. $2500 Boy Scout Trp 71 (Shelby County)
    10. Eddie Eagle Costume -Shelbyville P.D. ($2,650 value)
    11. $2400 Newton County 4-H
    12. $1600 NRA Youth Education Summit
    13. $3000 Hamilton Co. 4-H
    14. $4,000 Buffalo Trace BSA (Range)
    15. $4500 Evansville Gun Club Youth
    16. $4000 Tri-County Bowhunters Youth Shoot
    17. $3500 Pike County Cons. Club Youth Day Shoot
    18. $7000 JKS Shelbyville Boys Club
    19. $2000 Wells County Cons. Club
    20. $2500 Hobart HS Jr ROTC
    21. $2500 Allen Co. 4-H
    22. $3000 Hendricks Co. 4-H
    23. $2500 Eddie Eagle Supplies - Indiana
    24. $2600 Eddie Eagle Costume
    25. $2000 Floyd County 4-H
    26. $1000 Brownsburg Police Department
    27. $2000 Lagrange County 4-H
    28. $2500 Gibson County 4-H
    29. $ 500 Nat. Muzzleloading Rifle Assn Youth Shoot
    30. $4500 Old Trails Rifle & Pistol Club
    31. $1000 Boy Scout Troop 494
    32. $1000 Culver Education Found. - Youth
    33. $3700 Clark County 4-H
    34. $3000 Kosciusko County 4-H
    35. $2000 Elkhart 4-H
    36. $1500 Hunt of a Lifetime (youth hunt)
    37. $1500 Hunters Helping Hunters
    38. $2000 Friends of Hoosier Gunswingers
    39. $4000 Boy Scout Anthony Wayne Council
    40. $3500 Conc. Luth. High School Rifle Club

• $3000 Ebbert Education Center
    • $2000 Jefferson County 4-H
    • $3500 Linden Conservation Club
    • $3500 Switzerland County Sports
    • $1000 Boy Scout Troop 185
    • $1000Wells County Conservation Club
    • $2000 Wilcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club
    • $1000 Allen County Sheriff’s Department
    • $2000 Warren Co. 4-H
    • $2000 Bloomington Boy Scouts
    • $2000 Terre Haute Boy Scouts
    • $2000 Wabash County 4-H
    • $3000 Porter County 4-H
    • $10000 Ind. Nat. Resources Foundation
    • $1500 St Joe County Conservation Club
    • $2500 Hancock County 4-H
    • $7100 Calumet Council BSA
    • $2000 Boy Scout Troop 243 - Eden
    • $1700 Vigo County 4-H
    • $2000 Randolph County 4-H
    • $2000 Boy Scouts Sagamore Council
    • $2000 Ripley County 4-H
    • $2000 Borden High School Outdoor Club
    • $3000 Farmland Conservation Club
    • $3500 Boy Scouts Lincoln Heritage Council
    • $2500 Salem Middle School shooting prog.
    • $4500 Floyd County Sheriffs Dept.
    • $1000 Boy Scouts Crossroads of America
    • $3000 Madison County SCTP
    • $3000 Dubois County 4-H
    • $2500 Isaac Walton League Crown Point
    • $2000 Auburn Cons. Club Scholastic Clays
    • $2000 Sandcreek Conservation Club
    • $ 500 Boy Scouts – Outdoor Challenge Days
    • $1000 BSA Crossroads – CAC Exploring
    • $1000 Five Points Conservation Club
    • $7000 Hoosier Hills Range
    • $ 500 Jasper QU Youth Shoot
    • $ 900 Sagamore P. F. Youth Shoot
    Thousands of Indiana kids thank YOU!!

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    ***detach form here********************mail in supplied envelope***************detach form here***********
    GUNAPALOOZA IV TICKET ORDER FORM

Name:________________________ Card type: (circle one) visa/mastercard
    Name on card (if different): __ ______________ Expiration date: _____ ______
    email address: _ _________ Card #: _______-___ ____-__ _____-__ _____
    Address:_______________ ___________________________ Phone:__ ____________
    Amount: $200.00 Signature: _______________________________________
    *The card will not be charged until the evening of the event - August 14, 2010
    ____ I choose to pay by check (made out to Friends of NRA. Checks will be cashed when received).
    [FONT=&quot] Please mail this form to: Gunapalooza, 531 W. Dwain Village, Shelbyville, IN 46176 [/FONT]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom