• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's all a matter of people bad mouthing things they do not know, and or understand. Most times the best way to get at someone is be polite. Smiles usualy make them feel worse then a confritation.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I got a couple of compliments on my INGO t-shirt the other day... I was at the shooting range (WW in Newcastle last weekend), though.

"Hey, that's a nice shirt, where did you get it."
    "Oh, I got this at the INDY 1500. It is for a web forum called INGO... you should check it out."

I wonder if he ever did...?

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    ................ I have a feeling I need to just keep my mouth shut around here, every time I open it someone has something to say that isn't nice at all.

Just the nature of the internet (with several other factors) in general. No matter what is said (right or wrong) there will be someone who takes it to an extreme and gets rude about it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I don't find it funny to talk about killing anything either.. what I find funny is the reactions to the shirt. Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my post. I tend to type faster than I can think sometimes.

I have a feeling I need to just keep my mouth shut around here, every time I open it someone has something to say that isn't nice at all.

You've run afoul of a couple liberals who think they have the right to tell you what you are allowed to think and say. Don't let them get you down.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You've run afoul of a couple liberals who think they have the right to tell you what you are allowed to think and say. Don't let them get you down.

thanks. I thought for a second I had ventured to a different website where newbies are tortured relentlessly!
    They won't stop me since I usually don't have much to say anyway.

Another funny t-shirt story though while I am typing.

Hubby has one the "Major League Infidel" shirts that looks like the MLB logo. He wore that one day to IHOP in Greenwood. The waiter was taken aback by it and made a snide comment, something to the effect that he should cover it up. We let it go. While standing in line to pay the bill he made the same comment to our son along with the statement that "Your Daddy's shirt is really scary". I was floored, went to the manager and complained. Never seen that waiter again.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I don't find it funny to talk about killing anything either.. what I find funny is the reactions to the shirt. Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my post. I tend to type faster than I can think sometimes.

I have a feeling I need to just keep my mouth shut around here, every time I open it someone has something to say that isn't nice at all.

Don't worry about those hippies, they just think they are targets now.

These are some of my favorite shirts to wear!:rockwoot:

TS946a.jpg

TS773b.jpg

T-Shirt-Gunowners-of-America-718923.jpg

mli.jpg

TS879a.jpg

These are just CP's from the web since I am at work and just about all are either OD or Black but you get picture.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN

Thanks for the negative rep joe. You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

I don't recall telling anyone what to think or say, but if I did, I'm pretty sure there is an amendment somewhere in the Bill of Rights that would allow me to do just that. I don't want to blow your mind or anything, but think about how this RIGHTS stuff goes both for people you agree with and for people that you disagree with.

No offense or disrespect meant to you, MrsGungho...I was just raising a viewpoint about how I feel that public perception is important.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Thanks for the negative rep joe. You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

I don't recall telling anyone what to think or say, but if I did, I'm pretty sure there is an amendment somewhere in the Bill of Rights that would allow me to do just that. I don't want to blow your mind or anything, but think about how this RIGHTS stuff goes both for people you agree with and for people that you disagree with.

No offense or disrespect meant to you, MrsGungho...I was just raising a viewpoint about how I feel that public perception is important.

repped!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

You got the neg rep for the name calling you engaged in, not your views, as ignorant as I think those are. Thanks for yours, though I find it telling about your character traits that you whine about it on one hand, while hoping I don't say anything about you giving it to me on the other. Do you somehow think I'm going to apologize? Let's clear that up now... no. I'm not. I give good rep when I like a post, bad rep when I don't. And yours was exactly what I said it was.... Classless and ungentlemanly. If you don't like it, don't go calling ladies "idiots."

I read your posts, and if you didn't mean offense, then you need to seriously rethink the way you communicate. Frankly, though, nobody believes you didn't mean offense... why not just own up to what you said, and what you meant? Why is being honest about what you are doing so hard for liberals? As for the Bill of Rights, yes, you know how to take advantage of it, but you aren't willing to extend the same rights and courtesies you claim so vociferously for yourself to others, as your obnoxious post about her showed.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I also wear a hat that has on the front , Ole' glory surrounded with an invitation in Arabic to " Try burning this one MFR " and big 1 " tall INFIDEL tag on the back .

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Classless and ungentlemanly. If you don't like it, don't go calling ladies "idiot

I went back a re-read the thread. I think you should too, Joe.

Clearly he did NOT call anybody an idiot. He didn't call anybody any names.

I agree... I don't like it when people go around acting like idiots and giving gun owners a bad name. Sure, that is their right, but I don't have to like it. Just as you are free to say that you don't like it when I say I don't like it when people act like idiots... AND like I'm free to say that I don't like it when you say that you don't like it when I say that I don't like it when... NONE OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH LIBERALS!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I went back a re-read the thread. I think you should too, Joe.

Clearly he did NOT call anybody an idiot. He didn't call anybody any names.
    snip!

You're right, any person is free to go about acting like an idiot and damage public opinion regarding his or her own cause.

We read it differently, apparently. I think you are, tiptoeing around the reality, here.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    I was wearing one of my USMC sniper t-shirts you all know the one that say's "What do you feel when you kill a terrorist?"...RECOIL. Some lady came up to me and patted me on the arm and said she would pray for me. Didnt know why till my wife started to laugh and told me she had been making commments about it for about 5 minutes while we waited in line at McD's.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was wearing one of my USMC sniper t-shirts you all know the one that say's "What do you feel when you kill a terrorist?"...RECOIL. Some lady came up to me and patted me on the arm and said she would pray for me.

I'd pray for you, as well... I'd pray that your hands be steady and your aim be true... :yesway:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You got the neg rep for the name calling you engaged in, not your views, as ignorant as I think those are. Thanks for yours, though I find it telling about your character traits that you whine about it on one hand, while hoping I don't say anything about you giving it to me on the other. Do you somehow think I'm going to apologize? Let's clear that up now... no. I'm not. I give good rep when I like a post, bad rep when I don't. And yours was exactly what I said it was.... Classless and ungentlemanly. If you don't like it, don't go calling ladies "idiots."

I read your posts, and if you didn't mean offense, then you need to seriously rethink the way you communicate. Frankly, though, nobody believes you didn't mean offense... why not just own up to what you said, and what you meant? Why is being honest about what you are doing so hard for liberals? As for the Bill of Rights, yes, you know how to take advantage of it, but you aren't willing to extend the same rights and courtesies you claim so vociferously for yourself to others, as your obnoxious post about her showed.

The post you are referring to was in response to jeremy, and I referred to a person's actions, not any specific person. Of course, I wouldn't be so discriminatory to single out a particular gender. Perhaps my choice of words was poor, but I stand by my opinion. I didn't mean or not mean to offend, I meant what I posted and I do own up to that. You can choose to take offense to it or not. It's probably not worth pointing out that you're doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing...can't see the forrest from the trees? Oh no...you're not whining, you're not name calling...you're defending what you believe in with honor!

Yes, yes I do know how to take advantage of my rights. However, you are incorrect in that I would not extend those rights to others. That said, we are in an environment in which gun control is a matter of contentious debate, public opinion matters. I don't know if you've noticed, but public opinion tends to lean towards more gun control, not less. Insensitive actions on the part of the pro gun crowd is not going to support OUR position in any way. Of course, you are free to express yourself in many different ways, but it doesn't mean that it can't be unwise to reinforce certain negative perceptions.

And just for the record, I'm not a "liberal", though I'm probably a bit more liberal than many on this board. I've been trying to bring some alternate viewpoints to this board, because there realy isn't a lot of detectable ideological diversity going on here. I don't believe that strict constitutionalism or uncompromising right wing ideology neccessarily need to be tied to the interpretation of the 2nd amendment which grants the individual the right to bear arms. Yes, it is possible to support the second amendment and respect your president at the same time. Yes it is possible to support the 2nd amendment and think objectively about the first. Yes, it is possible to think that FOX is just as ideologically skewed as MSNBC, etc., etc., etc...

I apologize for my tone and for my choice of words. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Maybe I should just put that on a t-shirt.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    We read it differently, apparently. I think you are, tiptoeing around the reality, here.

I am not an idiot, my behavior is idiotic. :dunno:
    Personally he doesn't know me, nor does he know what I have done and still do for the sake of pro 2nd amendment rights. He is still entitled to his opinion, or lack there of, of me. His opinion will not stop me from wearing that shirt, oh maybe once every couple of months, nor will his opinion run me off from guns. As much as he doesn't know me, I don't know him and personally I could care less how he feels about me or the idiotic behaviors I may dabble in once every couple of months or so. ;)

Top Bottom