• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    How about the sniper that is carefully hidden 300/400 yards away, has the target in the scope zeroed in, but the intended target sees the lazer dot on their chest and ducks at the last minute..........I guess I didn't know you used a lazer like that.

tallerthan28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Zionsville
    I love it when you can tell their finger is not on the trigger and they can still shoot the gun. and of course when they pull the slide back every time they pull of the gun and they do it twice in a row and no round comes out.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    This all makes me think of which ever Scary Movie it was where Anthony Anderson cocks a shovel and a shell flies out. I hit repeat on that scene about thousand times.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    in the latest episode of "Under The Dome", a woman has a magazine fed rifle (looks to be .22) and without her doing anything but point it, it made the sound of a pump action shotgun. lol

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it but in the old westerns they always spin their gun around their finger (usually pointing to their face) and then blow on the end of their gun to blow at the smoke, again pointing it at their face. I always did the spinny thing as a kid but can't imagine actually doing it with a loaded gun...

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thread resurrection. You know how when a movie is one of your favorites, you're willing to overlook some of the more unrealistic parts?

I was watching The Matrix for the umpteenth time. The lobby scene was really impressive to me, before I was a gun owner. Looking at it with a different eye now, I did a little figuring on his loadout for that scene. 2 each, because dual wield looks awesomer, MP5K, Uzi pistol, Skorpion vz. 61, 2 PAIRS of Beretta 92FS, one pair in the lobby, another up on the roof. Assume one full mag each, that means his tactical operator brain download told him his best course was to waltz into that lobby carrying over 34 pounds of guns and ammo. Especially while doing all that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Rambo crap like shooting an M16 (full auto) while doing a one handed cartwheel.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    Thread resurrection. You know how when a movie is one of your favorites, you're willing to overlook some of the more unrealistic parts?

I was watching The Matrix for the umpteenth time. The lobby scene was really impressive to me, before I was a gun owner. Looking at it with a different eye now, I did a little figuring on his loadout for that scene. 2 each, because dual wield looks awesomer, MP5K, Uzi pistol, Skorpion vz. 61, 2 PAIRS of Beretta 92FS, one pair in the lobby, another up on the roof. Assume one full mag each, that means his tactical operator brain download told him his best course was to waltz into that lobby carrying over 34 pounds of guns and ammo. Especially while doing all that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Rambo crap like shooting an M16 (full auto) while doing a one handed cartwheel.

The rules of the program can be bent... Now I want to watch the Matrix. :)

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    1) When several dozen bad-guys armed with fully automatic weapons can't hit the good-guy. (martial arts movies are notorious for this)
    2) When the good-guy possesses an insanely unrealistic level of accuracy even though they have horrible technique. (Westerns where the gunslinger quick-draws, fires from the hip, and hits the bad-guy from over 50 yards away)
    3) When things that aren't bullet-proof are. (sofas, refrigerators, doors, etc.)
    4) When Shotguns blasts send bad-guys flying through the air as-if they were hit by a truck.

Yeah, that 3rd happens a lot. When the Governor attacked on "The Walking Dead", and folks are hiding behind a bus or behind filing cabinets; the bullets just ricochet off. Also happened in "Act of Valor", the movie about Navy SEALs. Early in the film, they're escaping the bad guys, with several folks in the bed of a pickup. You see bullets impact the tailgate without penetrating.

Car doors are bulletproof!

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Watched the 30th anniversary showing of "Stand By Me" recently. Near the end, the gang of 4 are arguing with Kiefer Sutherland's gang about who will take credit for finding the dead kid when Wil Wheaton's character fires the 1911 in the air to get everyone's attention.

There's a short exchange between Wheaton and Sutherland, then Wheaton *cocks the hammer* on the 1911 as a threat to Sutherland. Guess I missed it when he lowered the hammer after that last shot...

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Die Hard III where McCain fires off a dozen rounds in an elevator and yet is functioning completely normal 30 seconds later, talking and listening as if nothing had happened. [video=youtube;Q0yQbpoQ0hY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0yQbpoQ0hY[/video]

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Die Hard III where McCain fires off a dozen rounds in an elevator and yet is functioning completely normal 30 seconds later, talking and listening as if nothing had happened.

Well, he did lose most of his hearing in the original "Die Hard" (the scene where he's under the table firing up). Firing blanks too close to his left ear; 2/3 of his hearing permanently gone.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    It really annoys me on TWD when there is a decocking sound for the Glocks and other striker fired guns. Also the amount of fully automatic that they find is amazing.

Top Bottom