• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    These are the reasons I only sell to individuals on trusted sites, like this one, who have postive feedback.

I've had many pleasant deals with people from INGO and another site I will not name.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yep INGOers I have met, have all been top notch people. I have done my share of armslist deals as well.
    I get a good idea of who I am dealing with through email and txt messages. And all my armslist deals have gone off without a hitch as well, but apparently there is more risk on armslist than on here.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Who loves a good hypothetical? I do!

Let's say in the above scenario, the guy decides to shoot the thief as he is running. How will the courts view that? Good shoot or no?

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis

Let's say in the above scenario, the guy decides to shoot the thief as he is running. How will the courts view that? Good shoot or no?
    That's not a good shoot. Not the shooter's life nor anyone else's was in danger. Felony conviction ahead for the shooter is likely in this scenario.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

(e) With respect to property other than a dwelling, curtilage, or an occupied motor vehicle, a person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to immediately prevent or terminate the other person's trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person's possession, lawfully in possession of a member of the person's immediate family, or belonging to a person whose property the person has authority to protect. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    only if that force is justified under subsection (c).

So, can't shoot to protect the firearm. Let's see what (c) has to say.

(c) A person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.

So, who's at risk of serious bodily injury? Can you make the argument it's necessary to stop the commission of a forcible felony? If you handed it to the guy and he ran with it, that's a theft and not a robbery so even if you were to argue he's still in the commission of the act its not a forcible felony.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have done more than a few transactions on both INGO and ARMSLIST and all have gone smoothly. The people from INGO do seem like a nicer bunch. I have had a couple of ARMSLIST deals that made me pay better attention and tuned up my SA. At the last deal I did, we met in a McDonald's parking lot and after the deal was done, as I was leaving I noticed that the drivers of two different vehicles, parked strategically in range of the transaction sight, left their cars and went to talk with the guy I did the deal with. He apparently brought plenty of backup. I checked the parking lot out on my arrival and never noticed these other guys. They may have been ducked down in their front seats. Obviously, my SA was not as good as I thought it was.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    All of my face to face transactions have been with INGO members with the exception of one from Gunbroker. I have never had any issues. But I will listen closely to my instincts, and if it doesn't feel or look right, I'm not playing. The young thief in the Armslist add just significantly compounded his list of troubles I'm sure, probably won't be long before he's caught up with, if not already. Dumb. Very dumb.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's not a good shoot. Not the shooter's life nor anyone else's was in danger. Felony conviction ahead for the shooter is likely in this scenario.

Well, nobodies life was "immediately" in danger I guess.....
    but the odds are that the felon that ran off with the gun PROBABLY isn't just going to the range to target practice.
    More than likely he was going to a house with 4 people in it to kill them all...... just because......

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    A lot of people are naive when it comes to selling things on the internet, they want to believe that all people are good. Sorry bout that, they aren't, you should always be prepared for the worse case scenario, always have someone to have your back, always! And make sure there are people around, don't set a meet at a secluded location.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sure I'll be called a racist, but if I drove up to a meet and that guy (or any other guy with tattoos on their face) was waiting -- I'd just keep on driving. They would never have the gun in their hands to run off with it. People need to be smarter than that.

Why would you be called a racist? If the guy look sketchy, follow your instincts. Nothing wrong with that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would call him a thug but that might be considered "coded language".

Why couldn't you call him a thug. He's a criminal that stole a gun. Now, if you saw him sitting in McDonalds eating nuggets by himself, and were unaware of any of his history, and you called him a "thug," I'd take you to task. Is that a difficult notion to understand the reasoning?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have to talk to the person before the transaction. Hoosier Topics, Armslist, and INGO have all went smooth and I have never been stood up. I have passed on a few though because they did not feel right. In all my dealings, only one time did I not talk to the person involved, and that was here.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Stupid is as stupid does.

But, WAIT! This 'couldn't' have happened! 'Cause MDA and the Blooming Idiots tol' me ALL illegal guns are purchased without background checks at those horrible gun shows!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I bet we wouldn't know until the trial is over.

If it was tried in the right county and the thief had a nasty criminal history, I am pretty sure the shooter would walk, they might not even prosecute it.

I have seen some funny things go on in southern Indiana and the best explanation I can come up with is that some people sat down and agreed that the world was better off without the dead person and there was no point in messing with the shooter over it because sooner or later someone was going to do it anyway.

If the thief stole the gun from the shooter and got plugged while running away and that is all there was to it, I'm not voting guilty. The dude was a thief, he chose to do it, he knew it was wrong, he chose to deprive someone of their property, screw him. If the shooter asked me if he should shoot, I would probably tell him not to, but that is as upset as I could get about it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I bet we wouldn't know until the trial is over.

If it was tried in the right county and the thief had a nasty criminal history, I am pretty sure the shooter would walk, they might not even prosecute it.

I have seen some funny things go on in southern Indiana and the best explanation I can come up with is that some people sat down and agreed that the world was better off without the dead person and there was no point in messing with the shooter over it because sooner or later someone was going to do it anyway.

If the thief stole the gun from the shooter and got plugged while running away and that is all there was to it, I'm not voting guilty. The dude was a thief, he chose to do it, he knew it was wrong, he chose to deprive someone of their property, screw him. If the shooter asked me if he should shoot, I would probably tell him not to, but that is as upset as I could get about it.

If he killed the guy, and the charge was manslaughter, I'd vote guilty. Theft isn't a capital crime. Only way I'd let him off, was if the gun was loaded.... which for obvious reasons I would hope it wasn't.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have done maybe 25 or 30 transactions on this site. Never had a problem. I have done maybe 75 to 100 trades, swaps, buy, sell (various gun related items on armslist) I have had 4 or 5 no shows, 3 or 4 times someone tried to trade me a defective item, and 3 or 4 times, someone misrepresented their item. You have to be VERY CAREFUL on armslist. Although I will admit, I have made a few very good deals on Armslist.

Top Bottom