• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    This morning I had a business meeting in Atlanta, and decided to drive rather than fly. On the way down I saw billboards for The Outpost Armory in Christiana, TN. It was right off the expressway so I pulled off and went inside. The store was pretty large and relative to my local stores in southern Indiana, they were pretty well stocked. I talked to one of the guys behind the counter and sure enough they were out of ARs and AKs, but had a good selection of hand guns and related items. He also said they had plenty of ammo. I looked around and like all guns stores these days they were doing a brisk business. I saw they add a limited supply of small rifle primers, and since my local source is having trouble getting them in, I bought 2,000, and went on my way.

This afternoon about 3:00 pm, on my way back through Tennessee, I thought maybe I should stop again and pick up some more, just to be sure. When I pulled off the expressway the parking lot was jammed, not a single space available and people circling waiting to park. The lot has 60-75 parking spaces, again all full. It was raining and as I circled in the lot I noticed two armed off duty police officers manning the front door, and there were about 15-20 people waiting in the rain to get into the store.

I am sure this was sometime just after Obama's gun control address. Has this been common in other places today? What have you folks seen in your areas?

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I was in LGS when Dear Leader was talking. They didn't have a full house but for a Wednesday afternoon they had pretty good business. I forgot about the big speech today but word traveled around the store I was waiting for the EO on those evil rifles and mags, I was prepared to throw down the $750 in my pocket for the $3,000 LWRC, sell it quick it's all over.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I was in LGS when Dear Leader was talking. They didn't have a full house but for a Wednesday afternoon they had pretty good business. I forgot about the big speech today but word traveled around the store I was waiting for the EO on those evil rifles and mags, I was prepared to throw down the $750 in my pocket for the $3,000 LWRC, sell it quick it's all over.

Dont give up thay easy, everything he read off in his list of eo's wasnt nothin more than enforcing existing laws, we still have a lot of support against an awb. however right now is the best time to sell

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Stopped at a LGS tonight for something non-ban related and there was only one empty parking space. The place was packed. They were nice and called out over the crowd asking if I needed anything (no room to walk over and ask). They rang up my purchase quickly (no BC required). There was a lot of chatter and questions being asked related to the press conference.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dont give up thay easy, everything he read off in his list of eo's wasnt nothin more than enforcing existing laws, we still have a lot of support against an awb. however right now is the best time to sell

This. Here is the problem; I was off work yesterday and was able to physically watch the press conference and then jump on the forums and most of us were like, "wheeeeeew, that was close!" By the time the rest of the world got off work, clicked the news on, "Gun Legislation" and "Assault Weapons Ban" were the headlines, so, everyone thought, "Oh ****, he signed some legislation...better get while I can still get."

Even the major networks were reporting that a high percentage of Democrats wouldn't vote for an AWB. Things will be fine.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I travel quite a bit and see many gun stores across the country. Almost without exception, dealers in other states/cities have a much better inventory than what I see here in the Indy area. A lot of that has to do with the financial position of the ownership. Most of the guys operating gun stores in Indiana don't have 2 nickels to rub together and thus have little inventory. I was in a large gunstore in the Chicago suburbs just last week and they had an entire Sig Sauer room within their store. At least 100 NIB guns on display, both handgun and long. Another area had HK, another Glock, etc. Each of these manufacturer areas had more gun inventory than any gunshop in the Indy area has total in the entire store.

Indiana has great gun laws. We have terrible gun dealers.

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    This. Here is the problem; I was off work yesterday and was able to physically watch the press conference and then jump on the forums and most of us were like, "wheeeeeew, that was close!" By the time the rest of the world got off work, clicked the news on, "Gun Legislation" and "Assault Weapons Ban" were the headlines, so, everyone thought, "Oh ****, he signed some legislation...better get while I can still get."

Even the major networks were reporting that a high percentage of Democrats wouldn't vote for an AWB. Things will be fine.

I do hope you are correct.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would bet they sent out an e-mail that they had some ARs coming in stock that day or something along those lines. Think of the lines a smaller store like Bradis gets just from posting "we've got 2 ARs in tomorrow and aren't gouging the crap out of our customers".

Now imagine a mass email from someplace that large with something like "we're getting 50 rifles in".

Now, I have no idea if that's what happened or not, but the presence of off duty officers suggests it was pre-planned and not just a mob that showed up due to a new panic.

**on edit**

On a side note, how are their prices? I see the thousand billboards every time I go to GA, but just assumed from the amount they are spending on billboards they would be rather pricey.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Indiana has great gun laws." We have terrible gun dealers."

I travel quite a bit and see many gun stores across the country. Almost without exception, dealers in other states/cities have a much better inventory than what I see here in the Indy area. A lot of that has to do with the financial position of the ownership. Most of the guys operating gun stores in Indiana don't have 2 nickels to rub together and thus have little inventory. I was in a large gunstore in the Chicago suburbs just last week and they had an entire Sig Sauer room within their store. At least 100 NIB guns on display, both handgun and long. Another area had HK, another Glock, etc. Each of these manufacturer areas had more gun inventory than any gunshop in the Indy area has total in the entire store.

^^^This kind of strikes me as WRONG.
    Indiana also has mostly GREAT gun dealers, IMO.
    I would think that the dealer you visited in the Chicago area was operated/owned by some Mega-Company with a HUGE investment. You mentioned their inventory-you DID NOT mention their PRICES??

For ME-I get along just fine with my "Small operation Indiana Gun Stores"!!..Bill.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield

I must say I've been pretty disappointed with the LGS' that I've been to in the area. VERY small inventory, but the usual "I can order anything you want." That's great for someone who knows what they want, but it sucks a lot for someone who wants to handle something before making a buying decision. Would you buy a car without even looking at it first? Sitting in it?

I have the same gripe with motorcycle test rides, but that's a story for another time.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I was in Birmingham Alabama at a Wally World buying a 3 day deer license last week and noticed that they were basically out of ammo and had very few long guns in their display. It looked like a couple 22LR's and a couple shotguns.

While making my transaction I overheard an elderly gentleman looking at the guns say to his friends that" he needed to get a gun before Obama banned them all".
    Everyplace here is out of ammo except shotgun shells.

Schneppee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    SE Michigan

The supply of guns and ammo in SE michigan is depleted to the point of empty space. I feel bad for the gun shop owners. As much as you think they have made a bundle they are struggling. No ammunition. No Guns. No product to sell. This keeps up for any lenght of time you willl see only a few shops open for business.

No I dont own a gun shop, but I do visit as many as I can as I travel throughout the day. I cant find 9mm anywhere.

I hope its just the time of year and all the supplies should start picking up in February. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom