• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just as an update, still no gun. But have all the legal stuff taken care of. I hope I get it back.. but until then I have picked up a 3rd Gen Glock 19 as a "replacement".

Im sorry about your story, it really sucks.
    Well im glad you got some protection back. :yesway:
    I hope this time you will keep your gun locked in a safe when not carried on your person.
    Did you contact those "friends" or gave informations to the police so that they can find them and question them?

Was the gun loaded when you left it?
    Mag full and one in the chamber?

I dont know if that would make any difference if it was loaded or not, maybe you will hear on the news that a kid got killed because of a ND if he had no training with firearms.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah it does sucks big time.
    As for being loaded, I had the mag full but the chamber was left empty.
    As for my friends, they all claim ignorance to it. So I dunno.
    But I did tell the police everything that I know about it and they said they plan to question them.

Also I am now out shopping for a safe of some kind, but I am unsure what to get.
    Any suggestions?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Are you kidding??? Of course call the cops...IMMEDIATELY ! Give them all your "friends" info. Let them question your so called friends. And in the future...don't let anyone know anything about your guns, especially where you keep them and don't ever leave someone in your room with your guns. Sidenote... Was it loaded?

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    It's a foregone conclusion, but the first step to avoid a situation like this is not allowing anyone into your house that you do not know very well.
    This is the stance that I took many years ago. The exceptions are people that are there for legitimate reasons, like a representitive from the coal mine for example. Even then, before they arrive I will completely "sanitize" my house of all visible firearms related items, including Shotgun News, catalogs ect.

Last edited:

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Keeping records of serial numbers

I keep clear photographs of all serial numbers of the firearms I own on my computer hard drive, with printed copies in my safe, and digital copies on the USB flash drive I carry with me, so that even if they manage to make off with my guns, computer, and safe; I still have a copy of all serial numbers in my jacket pocket. :twocents:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Pictures are a good idea. Data can be lost in more ways than one.

I don't keep firearms, ammo, ect inventory on my computor in case it is stolen. If they see what I have they may come back for another look.
    Data is kept on multiple flash drives, plus printed hard copies.
    Safe deposit boxes can be a pain but are a pretty safe option for keeping your info secured.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    But I did tell the police everything that I know about it and they said they plan to question them.

Also I am now out shopping for a safe of some kind, but I am unsure what to get.
    Any suggestions?

If you just need a safe for one handgun any safe will do.
    You can find small ones for cheap who will do the job just find.
    It all depends on how much you can spend on one and how much stuff you need to store in it.
    I like a model without key better for easier and quicker access.

secureline-secure-safe.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but it's kind of cool:

Gun stolen in Alaska 26 years ago turns up in Evansville - 14 News, The Tri-State's News and Weather Leader

Keep those serial numbers!

Cool story!
    I guess 26 years after this guy had no hope to ever see his gun again.
    He probably even forgot about it.
    I wonder if the current owner of the gun had to give it back to the real owner and lost his money or if the real owner bought his own gun back.
    What happen in this case if you buy a stolen gun when you had no idea it was stolen and you find the original owner? :dunno:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy

Any suggestions?

I bought a Homak wall mount safe for my "go to" pistol, I think it was $40 from Ammo & Hunting Gear, Camping & Outdoor Equipment, Military Surplus & Clothing at Sportsman's Guide.
    DSC_0528.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ok so to sum it up, I was going to make a gun trade tonight with someone here on INGO, and when I went to go box up the said gun, I can't find it anywhere??:dunno:

I am pretty confident the gun was stolen, because a few friends of mine came to my house last night to play xbox live, and they brought over some people who I have only met a few times in the past. The last time I saw my gun was earlier in the day before they showed up, I had lubed it and put it up in the top of my closet in its holster. I really do think one of them took it because I did leave the room a couple of times to get some pop's along with making a bathroom trip. To be honest I am kinda freaking out here.:xmad:

Also I forgot to mention the gun's box, extra mag, and cleaning brush are still here. It's the pistol and it's holster that are missing.

But I do wanna know what is the first steps I should be taking about this? Calling the police? I know that probably sounds like a stupid question.. but in the past 5 years of owning guns I have never had this happen before...:(

Call your friends and tell them you are calling the cops. Unless the gun shows up before the cops you'll be sending the cops to see them.

Michld01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm glad you called the cops. Did you find out from your "friends" who the other two guys were? I would not just let it ride with those friends of yours. If it was me, I would "persuade" them into helping me get my gun back from the strangers.

Also, I have that safe next to my bed as well. It's just big enough for one gun and maybe a box of ammo. My bearer bonds and gold are kept elsewhere...

Ammo & Hunting Gear, Camping & Outdoor Equipment, Military Surplus & Clothing at Sportsman's Guide.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I officially can say I feel like a dumb a**.

Just wanted to update, that while I was looking for a pair of my work boots in my closet I found my 26 in it's holster in the right side back corner of my closet, I dunno how it got back there unless it fell from my shelf but yeah I found it..:facepalm:

However I am still looking for a safe due to the recent events. Thinking about getting a Stack On from work.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just wanted to update, that while I was looking for a pair of my work boots in my closet I found my 26 in it's holster in the right side back corner of my closet, I dunno how it got back there unless it fell from my shelf but yeah I found it..:facepalm:

However I am still looking for a safe due to the recent events. Thinking about getting a Stack On from work.

Ha. I once reported a gun stolen, only to find it several weeks later. I tore the house apart. Glad it turned up for you!

I too felt like a dumbass...

A good lesson though, never have unsecured weapons around when folks are visiting. It saves both the weapon from being stolen, and from you falsely accusing people when a weapon is missing and turns up later.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom