• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    freeman field this weekend, anyone else going?, I'll be the one walking around to broke to buy anything, But the coffee is always good.:rockwoot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I usually go and donate my $5 to the cause. I haven't purchased any firearms there in quite a while, but have picked up some acessories, ammo, etc.

Hope to see some fellow INGO-ers!

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    I go because it is close to home,and small enough that I can take my oldest son and not get bumped around in the crowd. I also find a lot of good deals from individuals walking around.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Usually try to make Seymour ...then you can stop at Bite the Bullet, Bassmasters, and ACME to look at/or pick up more guns and or goodies:)

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Usully try to make Seymour ...then you can stop at Bite the Bullet, Bassmasters, and ACME to look at/or pick up more guns and or goodies:)

:yesway: I sometimes go to the show. But there are good shops in town that have better prices anyway. I have never just hung out looking for a good deal. Maybe I will donate my $5 this weekend if the weather is cold.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    can someone pm the address please!!!!!

Show is at the armory. It is on the west side of town. There should be a sign for Freeman field and the armory on Hwy 50. Pretty sure you will turn south at the first or last stop light (depending on which direction you are coming from). I think the address is 1925 1st Ave, Seymour, IN 47274. Pretty small gun show, but not too bad for a local show. Just don't expect any great deals. There are a couple dealers there that usually have fair/competitive pricing on new guns.

Last edited:

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Check the Shows website. It looks like it went to $6 to get in now.

I was planning on going, but if it looks like I'll be able to get out and cut some firewood, then I'll do that instead.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well got to go and hand out for a couple of hours. The wife even let me take the check book. :D Went looking for a 3" Ruger SP101 or a S&W model 10. Found some Smith's but nothing priced to move. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open and wait.

Also overheard one of the vendor and another fellow (I assume a vendor) tell of one of their transactions. Apparently it was almost criminal how he treated someone in a purchase or a trade. "If the guy had half a brain he would turn me into the police for what I gave him for that gun!"

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Vert- I must have missed you by a bit. I was there from probably 11:15 to 12:30 ish. Made several loops, and didn't sell my SKS. Had one guy ask about "What's the AR you got there" in reference to my Yugo SKS in a Tapco Stock. I guess the but stock is the same as most AR15 carbines. :dunno:

Saw some very nice revolvers and other handguns there, but man were they proud of them. I price checked the vendors selling SKS's to see if I could snipe a buyer or two away that was thinking about one. All the vendors wantd well north of $300 for their SKS's, and one guy had one with a $650 price tag on it! It was a very nice Norinco with a $20 Leapers reciever cover scope and mount combo on it. I was so tempted to go ask what was so special about it to make it a $650 SKS. I heard the guy talking to one buyer though say "I'm not an actual dealer, just a private dealer. So you don't have to pay tax, go through a background check, or any of that."

I hate to say it but it is guys like that that give ammo to the anti-gun community. What he said was factual, but the way he said it was almost wreckless in that I don't think he'd even take the basic steps to ensure someone was elligible to purchase the weapon.

All in all, there were a lot of people at the show, and some very nice guns on display. i'd recomend going and say it was worth the recently raised $6 entry fee.

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    :yesway: I cruised around there today...haven't been to a show in a good 5 years!
    It was rather refreshing just walking around and browsing.
    I didn't buy anything, but did enjoy seeing a Springfield M1a...I've never seen one before in person. The walnut stock was gorgeous...something about American hardwood stocks is great!
    I stopped by Acme on my way home....left with a G19.:rockwoot:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Vert- I must have missed you by a bit. I was there from probably 11:15 to 12:30 ish. Made several loops, and didn't sell my SKS. Had one guy ask about "What's the AR you got there" in reference to my Yugo SKS in a Tapco Stock. I guess the but stock is the same as most AR15 carbines. :dunno:

Saw some very nice revolvers and other handguns there, but man were they proud of them. I price checked the vendors selling SKS's to see if I could snipe a buyer or two away that was thinking about one. All the vendors wantd well north of $300 for their SKS's, and one guy had one with a $650 price tag on it! It was a very nice Norinco with a $20 Leapers reciever cover scope and mount combo on it. I was so tempted to go ask what was so special about it to make it a $650 SKS. I heard the guy talking to one buyer though say "I'm not an actual dealer, just a private dealer. So you don't have to pay tax, go through a background check, or any of that."

I hate to say it but it is guys like that that give ammo to the anti-gun community. What he said was factual, but the way he said it was almost wreckless in that I don't think he'd even take the basic steps to ensure someone was elligible to purchase the weapon.

All in all, there were a lot of people at the show, and some very nice guns on display. i'd recomend going and say it was worth the recently raised $6 entry fee.

I was there from about 1:15 till about 2:30. Place was busy, but started to taper off about 2:00. I shouldn't complain. For a show just a couple miles from home it is fun just to browse. Even more fun when the significant other gives the ok to buy if the right product is to be had.

I do get discouraged with the "private dealers". They are very proud of their merchandise. Story is always the same. Gun is unfired, which explains the powder marks in the cylinder and holster wear in the bluing. :rolleyes: I am sure there are good and bad ones in every crowd. There is one dealer there form Georgetown that has nice new guns at competitive prices. Bought a Marlin 1894 from them a couple years ago.

:yesway: I cruised around there today...haven't been to a show in a good 5 years!
    It was rather refreshing just walking around and browsing.
    I didn't buy anything, but did enjoy seeing a Springfield M1a...I've never seen one before in person. The walnut stock was gorgeous...something about American hardwood stocks is great!
    I stopped by Acme on my way home....left with a G19.:rockwoot:

:yesway: love those G19s. Congrats! I bet ACME loves gun show weekend.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I wanted to go. I had to stay with Dad yesterday though, because Mom had to work. Today Mom got called in again. So, unfortunately it's a no go for me, maybe next time.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Had a pretty good time at the show, had the grandson with me and he enjoyed it. Bought some .30 carbine ammo at pretty much going price and that was it. Was there when they opened and was not bad but had a good crowd by the time we left around 10 am. Got some reloading goodies at Bite the Bullet and talked with Bob awhile afterwards.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I went. Prices were STOOOOPID! e.g. Keltec P3AT $320 and Ruger LCP $399. I went across town to Acme then to Bass Masters. Keltec P3AT $259 and $257 - Ruger LCP $320. Pay $6 to get in then pay more than store prices.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom