• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bytecafe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone coming to the gun show this weekend in Lafayette?

I hope so. Rick Cass with Indy Custom Firearms will be there offering AR gunsmithing...

Okay, I'm Rick Cass and I want to invite everyone to come out and have a great time at the show.

Please stop by my booth and get your Rock River Arms Two Stage Parts Kits for $ 110.00.

Get your AR 15 Trigger cut and polished for $ 25.00. We can clean up single stage triggers and make them good as new.

We also do equipment change outs.

Thanks
    Rick Cass
    (317) 697-5318

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great show, very busy.

Found many good deals on gear and ammo, .45acp, .22lr and 8x57mm soft points.

Did everyone see the .45acp for $17 a box! It's been at least a year since I have seen prices that low!

Good to see.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    just got back from it! I only went from 3:30-5pm and it was worth the $5. there was a decent selection of stuff there, but I didn't walk away with anything... very heavily considering a Taurus 709 Slim or TCP, but the dealer's weren't being real generous on my g27 trade for it..

lots of variety to look at, it gave me a good chance to hold and handle the guns i had on my g27 replacement list. i've narrowed down my focus now!

here are some prices i remember, if you wanted to know:

Ruger LCP - $320 (two places had it)
    Taurus TCP - $280 (couple of places had it)

Several Keltec P3ATs and PF-9s there too... Prices weren't the greatest. (Mid-high $200s)

A Beretta 96G w/ Crimson Trace grips and old night sites was interesting at $679

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I went this morning. It was kinda lame as usual. I brought a couple grand and left with...a couple grand.......No real deals that I saw, at least not on anything that interested me.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Any good deals on 7.62x39 ammo? I'd like to check it out tomorrow, not looking for big purchases, but for ammo or to scout out some stuff I haven't seen or might "hafta' have" when I see it.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Slim pickings on case lots of ammo.I bought a mtn dew and a bunch of quality South Bend chocolate from my buddy Jeff Johnson who is an advertiser here (Johnson Safes). Yup,handgun ammo was plentiful and good priced.Didn't see any outstanding take home deals.:dunno:

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    I bought a couple boxes of the .45 and i got a box 0f 30-06 tracer for $10. I don't know anything about this tracer ammo though. Just comes in a plain white box with a warning label on it.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Laff gun show

The Wife and I went today got there around 2 pm didnt see anything that I was really interested in saw some decent priced ammo
    Also ran by Applied Ballistics and Ace and Ricos
    then We went to see our Daughter and Son In Law and Granddaughters , went to Dinner with them
    all in all a pretty good day

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I agree there was a good selection, but the prices overall were not good. I was comparing guns that I saw at the Indy 1500 last month and they were 10-20% more this week in Lafayette.

I'm glad some of you found good prices on ammo. 38 Special prices were not.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Any reports on stripped lowers? In the market for one, so if I can get my hands on one at a decent price I may grab it. Also looking for LPKs.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why don't the show promoter(s) have a clearing barrel? One would think safety would be important. At least the 1500 has brick walls to clear, but I would feel a heck of a lot better with a sand barrel or pile of dirt.

I walked up to the show and saw the "no firearms" sign and then asked where to clear my gun. I got the RCA dog look from the guy at the door.

I asked again where is safe to clear the gun, he said "you can't, it's illegal in Lafayette to do that.":rolleyes:

I replied, "so I can keep my pistols loaded?" He waved and said . . . wait for it . . . "the parking lot". I asked if I could use his car as a backstop and he said "no, just empty it in the parking lot". With Teal Road, Shellie's Cafe or my fellow gun nuts as a backstop?

You would think they would have the logistics and the logic worked out by now. Truly we have met the enemy and he is us.:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Why don't the show promoter(s) have a clearing barrel? One would think safety would be important. At least the 1500 has brick walls to clear, but I would feel a heck of a lot better with a sand barrel or pile of dirt.

I walked up to the show and saw the "no firearms" sign and then asked where to clear my gun. I got the RCA dog look from the guy at the door.

I asked again where is safe to clear the gun, he said "you can't, it's illegal in Lafayette to do that.":rolleyes:

I replied, "so I can keep my pistols loaded?" He waved and said . . . wait for it . . . "the parking lot". I asked if I could use his car as a backstop and he said "no, just empty it in the parking lot". With Teal Road, Shellie's Cafe or my fellow gun nuts as a backstop?

You would think they would have the logistics and the logic worked out by now. Truly we have met the enemy and he is us.:dunno:

If you dont feel safe dropping the mag and empty the chamber with out the fear of sticking your booger hook on the trigger maybe you should leave your gun at home.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    One need not touch the trigger in order for the weapon to discharge.

Every single time you load or unload a firearm, the weapon can discharge, especially with platforms with inertia firing pins.

I think that people really do not understand this and this is why we get the unsafe "just unload in the parking lot" advice.

Every single time I load or unload I plan on the weapon discharging, esepcially since I had an 870 discharge upon loading (fortunately it was at gun school). The Four Rules light is always on, even in the parking lot of a gun range or gun show. There is no magic force field around parking lots, at least that I know of--if there is one please tell me where I can buy it. :D

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    I completely agree Kirk, does the show put up the no firearms signage, or is that something from the fairgrounds? It seems a no firearms sign is kind of pointless for a gun show, but I do understand why they ask you to unload at a gun show (since there are folks interested in trading with vendors and it would only take one to forget to unload the one in the chamber and ND while showing it to a vendor). You would think they would be more prepared since gun shows attract folks who carry guns. :dunno:

Top Bottom