• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just got back also. Probably 20 less tables compared to the last show and I overheard several saying they were packing up tonight and leaving in advance of the pending bad weather.

I found a guy who had a new barrel for an Ithaca shotgun that was reasonable. It is too low on my priority list to buy right now. I am sure I can go back in a year and he will still have it.

I do enjoy walking around the shows, but it is starting to lose it's luster. I won't go to the next one unless I decide to pick up that barrel.

orangeone, you are right. Most of the tables are very well laid out. I should not have said anything about the one guy whose table was not nice and neat like your picture.

It is also none of my business how the vendors conduct their business.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great little show. We had a great time, we all met for breakfast and then walked the show. Took us less than 2 hours to walk it.

I bought a bunch of .45acp cases and a stainless Blind Horse knive. Got introduced to David Curtiss knives out of Granger, Indiana, very nice.

Several screaming deals but I am holding off for Indianapolis.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Here is an actual photo from the show. I'm not seeing flea market stuff, or things piled up. I am seeing rows of nicely displayed guns.image.jpg

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Here is an actual photo from the show. I'm not seeing flea market stuff, or things piled up. I am seeing rows of nicely displayed guns.View attachment 24673
    I was under the impression that cameras or video recording devices were not allowed inside a gun show. Is this your booth/display? If not, did you get permission from this vendor/dealer to take and/or post this picture?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was under the impression that cameras or video recording devices were not allowed inside a gun show. Is this your booth/display? If not, did you get permission from this vendor/dealer to take and/or post this picture?

I think he may be part of the show personnel. He posts a lot promoting shows in Indiana.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    other dave, I was careful to not photograph any faces or other items that would identify people. I also received permission from the show promoters before taking the photo or posting it on ingo. You are correct that cameras, etc. are not normally allowed. Thank you for your concern.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Just got back also. Probably 20 less tables compared to the last show and I overheard several saying they were packing up tonight and leaving in advance of the pending bad weather.

I found a guy who had a new barrel for an Ithaca shotgun that was reasonable. It is too low on my priority list to buy right now. I am sure I can go back in a year and he will still have it.

I do enjoy walking around the shows, but it is starting to lose it's luster. I won't go to the next one unless I decide to pick up that barrel.

orangeone, you are right. Most of the tables are very well laid out. I should not have said anything about the one guy whose table was not nice and neat like your picture.

It is also none of my business how the vendors conduct their business.

gregkl, thank you for correcting your post to say that there was only one guy out of two or three hundred tables that was not neatly presented. My observation is that the overall appearance of GunSlinger shows is usually better than other shows that I have attended. The Lafayette show is smaller than normal due to the impending weather. In fact, according to GunSlingers facebook page today: The Lafayette 350 is open to the public today. However, due to the impending weather conditions, many of our vendors felt the need to leave early to return to their homes. Therefore, our show is only about half the normal size. As a way of saying “thank you” to our customers who visit our show today, GunSlingers will offer each paying customer one free pass good for admission to a future GunSlinger show any time between now and April 2014.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom