• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Like others have said, we have everything to eat here, just depends on what you are in the mood for.

I might go Sunday afternoon, but I hate going then because everybody has started packing up :(

If you do go up tomorrow (saturday), and you do drive up to Galveston, there is a little tavern next door that my uncle owns for some good bar food at some good prices! Gun friendly :D
    :yesway::yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Very slim pickings and a small crowd on Saturday morning. I did manage to pick up a CZ PO6 for a decent price. I was disappointed at what was offered. Guess I will have to swing by the Lafayette show this weekend.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Went yesterday about 10.30. Thought the crowd was decent but a lot of the vendors were complaining of skimpy buyers.

Bought a BullBelt Guy clip on holster and a couple decently priced boxes of .40.

Worth more to me was the information I'd gotten from both Tim @ Good 2 Go Tactical and Chris @ IN.Supply Depot. :yesway: Thanks for all the help guys.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    From a vendor's veiw point: The crowd on Saturday was a little on the small side compared to normal and they were not buying. This was the consensus from most vendors that I talked with. Sunday's crowd was about normal for a Sunday crowd and most of the vendors that I talked too after the show said that Sunday was better than Saturday and that includes me.

As far as "deals"......you all must be blind. I bought a S&W M&P (.40 cal) in mint condition for $350.00 and that was after the show was opened to the public for 2 hours. I also saw a Kahar 45CW that was close to mint for $300 on Saturday. On Sunday I went back to the dealer that had it and couldn't believe it was still sitting on his table, so I bought it. :D

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Went yesterday about 10.30. Thought the crowd was decent but a lot of the vendors were complaining of skimpy buyers.

Bought a BullBelt Guy clip on holster and a couple decently priced boxes of .40.

Worth more to me was the information I'd gotten from both Tim @ Good 2 Go Tactical and Chris @ IN.Supply Depot. :yesway: Thanks for all the help guys.

You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!! :ingo:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    From a vendor's veiw point: The crowd on Saturday was a little on the small side compared to normal and they were not buying. This was the consensus from most vendors that I talked with. Sunday's crowd was about normal for a Sunday crowd and most of the vendors that I talked too after the show said that Sunday was better than Saturday and that includes me.

As far as "deals"......you all must be blind. I bought a S&W M&P (.40 cal) in mint condition for $350.00 and that was after the show was opened to the public for 2 hours. I also saw a Kahar 45CW that was close to mint for $300 on Saturday. On Sunday I went back to the dealer that had it and couldn't believe it was still sitting on his table, so I bought it. :D

Agreed. I went Saturday morning for a few specific things and once found, I wasn't in the market to buy anything else. However, in wandering around, I saw several good deals.

On the flipside though, I found out my S&W Model 66-1 is worth $600!! (I think prices like this is what people are talking about).

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Agreed. I went Saturday morning for a few specific things and once found, I wasn't in the market to buy anything else. However, in wandering around, I saw several good deals.

On the flipside though, I found out my S&W Model 66-1 is worth $600!! (I think prices like this is what people are talking about).

I would agree with this, but you are going to see that at every gun show and even at gun shops and the classified sections on here. There will always be reasonably priced guns and then there are the ones that have their guns priced so high that you fell like they are trying to skin you alive.:twocents:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I would agree with this, but you are going to see that at every gun show and even at gun shops and the classified sections on here. There will always be reasonably priced guns and then there are the ones that have their guns priced so high that you fell like they are trying to skin you alive.:twocents:

Oh I'm in complete agreement with you! I too think if someone says there are no "deals" at a gun show, they aren't looking. I am saying that people see a few things priced a little high and write off the whole show, which is a mistake on the buyers part for sure.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    i didn't make it which sucks I need to talk to chris, and was really wanting to bite the bullet on a knife from brad... next time i suppose.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

I must have been one of the blind ones. :xmad: Did not see the Kahr CW45, was lookiing for one. Seen a couple CW40's for 450 and 500.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I must have been one of the blind ones. :xmad: Did not see the Kahr CW45, was lookiing for one. Seen a couple CW40's for 450 and 500.

Well to be fair about it, the Kahr CW45 was actually price for $350.00 which is still a great deal for one. On Sunday when I walked up to the dealers table, I asked what it would take to buy it right now and he said $300 out the door. It was Sunday and likely the dealer didn't have a very good Saturday, so he cut me a deal to generate cash.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Next time will just have to look harder. The CW40 has a good feel for me but don't want to get too many different calibers. Yes, even at 350.00 is a good deal IMO.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well to be fair about it, the Kahr CW45 was actually price for $350.00 which is still a great deal for one. On Sunday when I walked up to the dealers table, I asked what it would take to buy it right now and he said $300 out the door. It was Sunday and likely the dealer didn't have a very good Saturday, so he cut me a deal to generate cash.

Thanks for explaining the purchase...I was wondering how much haggle was involved since it was vendor to vendor (I always sort of figured that a vendor might be more apt to work with another vendor on price than they would us "unclean masses. :D "

I've been shot down pretty hard asking to take $50 off a price...

The thing about the Kokomo show is that I've found several great deals on guns that are on my want list too. I normally am able to plan and save some money for the Kokomo show to take advantage of a CW45 for $350 (though to be honest I would have tried to get it for $300) :D

But this time around I couldn't get together enough money and I know based on past dissapointment that the chances were good that I'd find a good deal, but then I couldn't pull the trigger on it!

Just trying to explain the view from one buyer...might be just one reason for buyers being skimpy this time around. But I am itching to get myself a Christmas present...so hopefully I'll be able to find a sweet deal AND pull the trigger on it at the next show. :yesway:

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Whats the chance of finding a 458 upper at a reasonable price in kokomo?

Pretty unlikely. I don't think I saw hardly anything, if at all, in 458.

I actually live in the terrible town of Kokomo, unfortunately.

Went to the gun show to pick up my tomahawk from Brad (that I bought from sheila), saw a shotgun that caught my eye.

Came back sunday with cash and 20 minutes left of the show.
    Bought a Winchester 1300 Ranger (to match my defender) for $200 out the door with the full choke installed. Gun looks like it's been shot maybe 5-10 times.

Who says you can't get gun deals there?
    Also picked up an ar-15 mag speedloader thing for $20 even. And a QD mount for Fastfire II for $20 as well from some RRA dealer

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    There was 2 AR pattern rifles in 458 socom at the show and the person that had them would have sold just the upper.

Top Bottom