• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Anybody been there and have some reviews? A good place to eat in that area would also be helpful. Looking forward to going with my son and spending a Saturday surrounded by guns. After that heading back to Muncie to check that show out.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I was not impressed much last show...go say hi to the guys at Down By The Tracks though for sure.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Not sure where you're heading from, but if you have a chance to stop and eat at the Foxes Den in Walton, you will not be disappointed. Then again, I don't know if you can have your son with you or not.
    Otherwise, head south on 31 in Kokomo and you'll find the Half Moon Brewery, its family friendly and has some awesome steak. Avoid Wiskey Creek on the way... costs too much for too little taste.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    If you like authentic Mexican food there is Mi Familia that sits almost directly across from the Half Moon and is right beside Cracker Barrel. Very good restaurant.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Take 31 to 35, turn (L) go to Galveston, make a right on Jackson street (the 4 way stop) and go to Down By the Tracks. After visiting with them, go back to 35, turn right, go to Walton. Eat at The Foxes Den. Both are worth the drive.

You can have your kid there (I took my daughter last time the wife and I went).

-MColford

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    Down by the Tracks is my LGS. Great place! As mentioned before, Kokomo has a ton of restaurants. A personal favorite of mine is McAlisters. It's at 31 and Boulevard. That's a few miles south of the civic center where the gun show is. It's not a huge show but it has plenty to catch your eye.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    One thing I like about the Kokomo gun show, is that it's not the frantic environment you find at a lot of shows. For $5, why not?

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    its not bad, its not great but its not bad, there were a few people last year that had absurd prices and a lot of people with really reasonable prices. I will probably swing through to say hey to Chris and brad and take a look at some weapon lights.

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    I'll be there as well looking for deals on anything that strikes my eye. You can shop all morning then walk to taco bell for lunch and go back to the show with some "ammunition" of your own!

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I'll be there as well looking for deals on anything that strikes my eye. You can shop all morning then walk to taco bell for lunch and go back to the show with some "ammunition" of your own!

So YOU'RE the one who does that?!!

You must go to every gunshow.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron

Careful.. we're known to return fire around these parts. :ar15: ;)

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    There is a new Hibachi Grill that is okay. Pricey tho.

Taco Smell is right close as well as the gas that follows...

Speaking of nasty smells,the McDonalds is beside the Taco Smell.

You are better off at the new Gott's tacos on Makland Ave/IN22 or the taco place on South Lafountain & Southway Boulevard.. Real Mexican there!

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Like others have said, we have everything to eat here, just depends on what you are in the mood for.

I might go Sunday afternoon, but I hate going then because everybody has started packing up :(

If you do go up tomorrow (saturday), and you do drive up to Galveston, there is a little tavern next door that my uncle owns for some good bar food at some good prices! Gun friendly :D

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    Like others have said, we have everything to eat here, just depends on what you are in the mood for.

I might go Sunday afternoon, but I hate going then because everybody has started packing up :(

If you do go up tomorrow (saturday), and you do drive up to Galveston, there is a little tavern next door that my uncle owns for some good bar food at some good prices! Gun friendly :D
    What's the name of it? Where is it in relation to DBtT?

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    There's also a pumpkin chunkin event going on Saturday at Ivy Tech from what I hear.. at least, that's what I'm getting woke up in the morning for. Still plan on making it to the gun show though.

Top Bottom