• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Is it illegal to remove your plate once you are parked, then put it back on before you leave?
    I'm not sure about private property, but it's illegal to remove or obscure it on public property as far as I know. Technically, some license plate frames violate the law but most counties aren't too strict about enforcing it.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I always "park backwards" no matter where I am .....
    When able, I back in as well, when out of town, in hotels, I also back in, as close to the inevitable shrubbery as possible. One reason, is to foil plate thieves, the other is to make life difficult for those on fishing expeditions. I also have nothing to hide, but don't like the perceived intrusion (real or not). It wouldn't really matter anyway, as my vehicles are registered to corporations.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Go to a "Gun Buyback" everything you do is under observation and recorded. No questions asked doesn't mean big brothers not watching.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think that is wise. The real question is what the are doing with the information? If it's a nugget of information the police may use to determine whether they need to look at a person more closely for illegally dealing in firearms or straw-purchasing...don't see a problem. If it's to compile a list of people who attend gun shows....problem.

Luckily our government, at all levels, has never abused information it may possess about its citizens (absolutely dripping purple)

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Cover your license plate at a gun show or simply remove it,problem solved, put a piece of paper over the VIN tag on the dash while you are at it, make them work for it.

Top Bottom