• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Hey INGO !! I am planning a road trip that will take me from Ft Wayne to Indy and then on to SW KY. I can take the route that goes through Evansville or I can go through Louisville. Are there any "gotta see" shops along either route? Thanks Steve

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I was wondering the same thing, actually. I have to kill some time in Indy on Saturday (the spousal unit will be killing my credit card at Nordstrom's and elsewhere), and other than lunch at Nick's Chili Parlor, I'm thinking that I should seek out INGO gun stores in the area.

Indy INGOers got suggestions?

afret20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Maybe a little out of your way b ut I think it is Buds Guns in Lexington. It is a great place and they have low prices. I hope I got the name right.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy:

Beech Grove Firearms
    Indy Trading Post

Continue south on I-65. Exit at the 256 (Exit 34) exit for Austin. The Fuel Mart just west of the exit usually has the cheapest gas between Indy and Louisville. Then head east on 256 for a few miles and stop in at 256 Sport & Garden. Good prices and the owner (Dale) is a character.

Orion Arms in Jeffersonville, last city in Indiana before Louisville.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Indy:

Beech Grove Firearms
    Indy Trading Post

Continue south on I-65. Exit at the 256 (Exit 34) exit for Austin. The Fuel Mart just west of the exit usually has the cheapest gas between Indy and Louisville. Then head east on 256 for a few miles and stop in at 256 Sport & Garden. Good prices and the owner (Dale) is a character.

I got to agree with the above plus I would add Braids to the mix. A little out of the way for you, but absolutely worth the trip. All the above are top notch people.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Id say instead of going towards louisville, ky head a little more west and stop at Whittakers in owensboro. Or just go to orions and then nead west from there, but that would be about an hour or more of a detour.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Since Saturday was mentioned, how about stopping in at our place on St Rd 37 and County line road....lots of new items for this weekend!

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Indy:

Beech Grove Firearms
    Indy Trading Post

^^^ this.....i don't think I will ever have a bad thing to say about dale, I actually need to go see him today, my ex used to work at fuel mart though and it would be best to avoid that place for various reasons. Another great shop is cabin fever on 56 between scottsburg and Salem. I beleive you would be quite surprised at some of the things he comes across.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Thanks for the Indy suggestions, folks. Since the OP mentioned passing through Indy, I don't think it was a hijack. ;)

I'll make plans to dump the spousal unit at the Fashion Mall and start my trek! If I had some INGO swag, you'd know when I arrive. Since I don't ... hehehe ... I'll be incognito. :D

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Well, I managed to sneak in quick peeks at Indy Trading Post, Beech Grove Firearms, and Bradis while the spousal unit was shopping. Nice folks all.

However, I think the folks at Beech Grove are upping the ante to curry favor with INGOers for next year's honor of being named the best gun shop ...

image_zps0dd92758.jpg

One thing I would add is that I was surprised to see a sign at Bradis that said, "No loaded firearms allowd -- no exceptions," posted at the entrance. I complied, leaving my gun in the car for my brief visit. That surprised me, as Bradis was voted the #1 gun shop in the state by INGO members and there seems to be a large number of members who opposed being disarmed anywhere, for any reason. I don't have a problem with it -- their business, their rules -- but was surprised, that's all.

Another store was posted, "Loaded firearms must remain holstered." I think that was Beech Grove, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom