• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Ok, I used to go to Sprotsmans Warehouse whenever I was in Lafayette. Besides Dick's Sporting Goods, is there any good gun shops in or close to Lafayette. I am there once a week and it would be great if there was somewhere to go. I will go to Dick's from time to time but high prices, no handguns and a small selection of long guns doesn't make it very appealing....:dunno:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Tippecanoe Sport Shop
    145 St. Rd 25 South
    Lafayette, IN 47909

Lafayette Guns & Gear

2420 Glick Street, Lafayette, IN

Ace and Ricos
    415 N Earl Ave STE 2
    Lafayette, IN 47904

RamZs Exchange
    205 Farabee drive

Jerry's gun shop
    565 west kannal Rensselaer,IN.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Applied Ballistic Systems is nice but small and specializes in Class 3. Ace and Rico's is the best of the lot, IMO, and Tippy Sport Shop is not bad either. The rest here in town I pretty well stay away from. Poor selection, don't know prices and treat you like they're doing you some kind of favor by letting you in the shop are common problems I have encountered.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm a big fan of Guns & Gear. Always treated me and my family very well, one of the few gun shops around that still stocks a decent selection of leather gear.

But he may be closing, if he's not already :(

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I usually go to Tippecanoe Sport Shop they've always treated me well and are helpful when i have questions. I have'nt ever been to Ace&Rico's, I talked to the owner at a DU banquet once and I was'nt very impressed with his limited knowledge of hunting or guns.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Depends. I like Applied Ballistics and Guns and Gear but I think Les closed down the gun side of Gun and gear. ???
    I know that Applied Ballistics just took over the indoor range and when its cold it easy to shoot inside. Plus C3 to boot.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Applied Ballistics is going to have a nice selection of holsters and mag pouches as soon as the rest of the peg board goes up.There are approx 400 such items that need displayed.

You might go into the thread that Printmitch started about taking over the indoor range and post anything you would like to see stocked.Stan is a heck of a guy and listens to his customers.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    What is the state of Guns & Gear? Last time I was in there it looked like they were indeed closing up the "guns" side of the shop.

I have never been more uncomfortable in a gun store as I was in there. Very strange vibe that I've never experienced before.....

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    This...

Ace and Ricos
    415 N Earl Ave STE 2
    Lafayette, IN 47904

Currentlly the best place in town, with good prices and a great staff. Check them out, and youll be going back weekly.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm a big fan of Guns & Gear. Always treated me and my family very well, one of the few gun shops around that still stocks a decent selection of leather gear.

But he may be closing, if he's not already :(

I hadn't heard that. That would be a shame — I got my first couple guns from Les, and tried to make it a point to stop by here and there. Good guy; hope he can stay afloat....

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I like Ace and Rico's quite a bit. They've got pretty good prices on new stuff, can get just about anything you're wanting in within a couple weeks and their "used" bin is a great deal if you're needing to pick up a magazine holster or, if you're lucky, you can find a good condition used holster to fit your gun.

I just wish they were open during the week some time :)

Top Bottom