• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mfoster20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    I received an email from Hoosier Armory saying they are stocking up on ammo but no timetable when they will get it in due to supply chain issues...:dunno:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I received an email from Hoosier Armory saying they are stocking up on ammo but no timetable when they will get it in due to supply chain issues...:dunno:
    And like everything else the ammo will be ridiculously overpriced from just two weeks ago. Sorry, I’m not buying into this panic.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stopped in at Fort liberty this morning. They were stacked deep filling out 4473‘s. You can buy 357 magnum, 22 short 10 mm, hog hunter in ammo. They did have more guns than I thought they would, nothing to put in them though except what was mentioned earlier.

also, 45 Long colt snake shot, and 22 Magnum. And 41 magnum

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Cabela’s in Noblesville: the 41 magnum guys are probably acting pretty smug these days. Plenty of that. Do you want 22 hornet or 44–40, or 32–20, or 500 Smith & Wesson? You are in business. 454 Casull, 45 Long colt snake shot, 50 AE. 22 Magnum a plenty. Where there were shelves with ammo last week, there are now accessories next to the gun cases.The gun cases aren’t mother Hubbards cupboard, but probably half of what they would normally have.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hoosier armory in Noblesville: A lot of 44 magnum 22 short, 32 auto, Black Hills 45 ACP and two boxes of white box Winchester 5.56, $110/200 rounds. Get your 7.62 Tok here. NICS Crashed was the word I just heard in there. Small shop packed with people.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Cabela’s in Noblesville: the 41 magnum guys are probably acting pretty smug these days. Plenty of that. Do you want 22 hornet or 44–40, or 32–20, or 500 Smith & Wesson? You are in business. 454 Casull, 45 Long colt snake shot, 50 AE. 22 Magnum a plenty.

Exactly why I have a couple of Makarov's.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hoosier armory in Noblesville: A lot of 44 magnum 22 short, 32 auto, Black Hills 45 ACP and two boxes of white box Winchester 5.56, $110/200 rounds. Get your 7.62 Tok here. NICS Crashed was the word I just heard in there. Small shop packed with people.

Just did a major ammo re-org due to having my electrical service upgraded from a small 100 amp fuse box to a BIG 200 amp breaker panel. Lost 2 shelves of ammo storage, but after some condensing and creative storage solutions (filled a "coffee table" that I had made from a 105 mm ammo crate) with small quantities of miscellaneous oddball ammo (30-40 Krag, 6.5x53R, 7.62 Nagant, etc.), I was able to get everything put back. Gave me a good chance to see what I had (at least in 2 closets) and I'm good on 7.62 Tok! :):

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Went to the local gun store yesterday with the BIL, while he made a purchase. The place was packed! Talking to the owner and he mentioned the last week has been insane, and mentioned their average 50 gun sales per day. Stock was really low on both guns and ammo.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Visited the local range yesterday, safety officer said he's been dealing with all kinds of jokers. One guy accidentally discharged his AK as he was getting out of his truck, sent home immediately. Another yahoo was trying to shoot his AR with just the picatinny rail, no iron sights or optics...these new gun owners are going to hurt someone or themselves.

I might just avoid the public ranges for a while...

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'm sure the incidents are up (more traffic, I'm sure) but this stuff happens all the time with the public.
    The RSO is the only one trying to make sure the rules are read and followed. There's only the firearm community & range neighbors who can assist (hey, that's US).

Another yahoo was trying to shoot his AR with just the picatinny rail, no iron sights or optics...these new gun owners are going to hurt someone or themselves.
    Eh, were they on target? It can be done.
    Perhaps this was their very first time behind the rifle. Safe handling and a good experience may be their only goals.

I might just avoid the public ranges for a while...
    Some are better than others, but you do need to keep your head on a swivel at all times. Even during a quiet weekday morning.
    I mean, most of the people there are handling firearms & half of them will be below average in skill & experience.

It's also a great opportunity to strike up a conversation and see what they're interested in.
    Everyone was a new shooter once... maybe we can get them to stick around for later.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Stay to the right of right handed shooters and to the left of the others.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Most reloaders prepare better than that...

Powder and primers are a couple days from blinking out of existence, if they haven't already (I honestly haven't looked). They're niche items and frequently go out of stock during normal times.

Reloading doesn't make you immune from an ammo run unless you have a mountain of components in stock at home. Two or three companies account for 95% of powder and primers. Nothing stopping them from jacking powder up to $100 a can.

^^^
    These are true statements-BUT-Most people that reload DO stock up when buying, yes we can run out, but most handloaders "Stock" is pretty good.
    We usually buy primers (especially when on sale) in the 5K case, and powder in the 8 pound jug. Most have enough components to keep shooting for awhile...Bill.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom