• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    OP - My first range trip ever was at Popguns a couple months ago and I had a decent time. They don't have a lot of rentals to choose from but there were at least 8-10 options and you can swap them out at will, which is nice for someone like me who doesn't know what they want and just wants to get a basic feel for each.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they had any revolvers to rent nor did they have any 'pocket' sizes available. At the least, it wasn't a bad experience at all and I got there early enough where I didn't have to wait in line. By the time I left, it looked like a 1-2hr wait!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    If you were willing to drive to Lafayette, I could meet you at Applied Ballistics. Or the Linden Conservation Club if another INGOer with a membership would meet us there. I have Glocks, XDs, Sigs, etc.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    There is a indoor range in New Carlisle (northern Indiana) they rent guns I think for $5.00 or so. You could call and see what's available. Class 3 sales is the name of the store.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    OP - My first range trip ever was at Popguns a couple months ago and I had a decent time. They don't have a lot of rentals to choose from but there were at least 8-10 options and you can swap them out at will, which is nice for someone like me who doesn't know what they want and just wants to get a basic feel for each.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they had any revolvers to rent nor did they have any 'pocket' sizes available. At the least, it wasn't a bad experience at all and I got there early enough where I didn't have to wait in line. By the time I left, it looked like a 1-2hr wait!

I've been there twice recently and they were nice enough considering I'm a noob.

They DID have an XD in 9mm. It was the compact model but had the extended magazine. I shot all the 9mms they had and it was my favorite.

I shot the S&W Sigma for one magazine and took it back out. I think they were a little miffed that I was swapping it out after 5 min. But I didn't need any more than that to know I hated it.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I think they were a little miffed that I was swapping it out after 5 min. But I didn't need any more than that to know I hated it.

That's actually the good thing about PopGuns - you can shoot that entire wall of guns as long as you buy the ammo (which is pricey for range ammo so be careful switching calibers). I've rented there and switched guns 4 times in an hour - shot one mag in each gun, swapped out, loaded up, and kept shootin.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Never shot a hawg9. They look like nice little guns. I have another Para that I have a love/hate relationship with. But I haven't heard anybody say anything bad about the Hawg9's.

Top Bottom