• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Hoosier Hills gun club outdoor range in Gnawbone? I have been thinking of joining.

If it was that club I would bring it up at a meeting for sure. Those are a great bunch of people and I'm sure they wouldn't tolerate unsafe range practices from members. They would probably be ex-members quickly. I went to 3 matches there and a meeting last year , but haven't joined due to the distance from my house. From what I saw of the members there, I wouldn't hesitate to join were it more convenient for me to get to their range.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    If it was that club I would bring it up at a meeting for sure. Those are a great bunch of people and I'm sure they wouldn't tolerate unsafe range practices from members. They would probably be ex-members quickly. I went to 3 matches there and a meeting last year , but haven't joined due to the distance from my house. From what I saw of the members there, I wouldn't hesitate to join were it more convenient for me to get to their range.

+1 to that. I've known many of that club's members over the years. Those guys would have zero tolerance for that kind of crap. Shot my first match at Gnawbone many years ago..

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    At my local club we also have a locked gate so everyone should be either a member or a guest that the member is responsible for. Anyone can ask to see membership cards at any time but in your case I can see why you would not ask. I would have got the license numbers before I left to report to the club officers. I usually have the loudest guns at the range. Jim.

Daniel686

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Terre Haute
    I agree that the situation the OP describes sucks, but I would say that common courtesy is far from dead...at the shooting range anyway. It's unfortunate that there are a few bad apples out there.

Most people at my range are very nice! And would not have had this problem. And if ever did would have reported them to ROs. We have sign in and out sheets that everyone fills out. And if you see anyone not sign in... well that will get you kicked out.:ar15:

Top Bottom