• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    If you shoot PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Any rounds going through the back of the roof would end up in my patio. They are less than 100 yards behind me.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been watching this building going up. My office window looks right at the place. I've had mixed feelings seeing it get developed.

I used to watch the wind ripple across the tall grass on that field and guess wind speed. There used to be red hawks dive bombing the field and turkey vultures once in a while.

If they put in a cafe then I'll know where I'll be walking to for lunch though. :banana:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At one point the owner said he'd install an ice cream vending machine - an homage to the DQ that objected to the original site. ;)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I've been watching this building going up. My office window looks right at the place. I've had mixed feelings seeing it get developed.

I used to watch the wind ripple across the tall grass on that field and guess wind speed. There used to be red hawks dive bombing the field and turkey vultures once in a while.

If they put in a cafe then I'll know where I'll be walking to for lunch though. :banana:

Case of "Gee, I'm here and sure don't like to see anyone else bulding or moving in." Don't mean to take a cheap shot but I see or hear folks comment frequently that they don't like to see changes in their neighborhood, street improvements, etc.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are there any updates on when Point Blank is opening? I see some news websites that it is "targeted for February".

I don't know for sure, but I know they offered a rangemaster position to one of our recently retired (as in this month) retirees; who also was one of our firearms instructors. If you want to see how good a shot you AREN'T, watch that guy put holes in paper. Great guy, and very friendly too. He's forgotten more about firearms than I will ever know.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Anyone know if they will allow full auto fire? I posted on their FB page to see if they'll respond, but it isn't clear on their website (though they seem to discourage rapid fire, in their rules, so they may not allow machine guns).

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I am anxiously awaiting this range. I cannot wait for it. It is less than a mile from my office and the closest to my house. Any with updates please let us know!!!!:woot:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know for sure, but I know they offered a rangemaster position to one of our recently retired (as in this month) retirees; who also was one of our firearms instructors. If you want to see how good a shot you AREN'T, watch that guy put holes in paper. Great guy, and very friendly too. He's forgotten more about firearms than I will ever know.

We need to get him and my brother on the same course. ;) :)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am anxiously awaiting this range. I cannot wait for it. It is less than a mile from my office and the closest to my house. Any with updates please let us know!!!!:woot:

It's within walking distance of my work and it sounds like wee have a few INGO members who live/work close by. It sounds like a meet and shoot might be in order to welcome them to the neighborhood one they open.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    It's within walking distance of my work and it sounds like wee have a few INGO members who live/work close by. It sounds like a meet and shoot might be in order to welcome them to the neighborhood one they open.
    Absolutely. Being so close to my work, I can predict some pretty sweet lunch breaks. I work with another INGO member, and we plan on going quite a bit.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They just took the plastic wrap off the West side of the building. It's a nice looking red brick. They are laying brick on the front South entrance side right now.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    They just took the plastic wrap off the West side of the building. It's a nice looking red brick. They are laying brick on the front South entrance side right now.
    Would you say February is out of the question for opening? If they are still laying brick, first week of Feb might seem a bit optimistic...:dunno:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'd be surprised if the grand opening is first week of Feb. There's no parking lot or even gravel put down yet.

goneape

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    Carmel
    Has anyone heard anymore about when they do plan on opening? This is pretty close to me and I can't wait for it to open.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The exterior is looking really close to done. No parking lot yet. I did see a concrete truck there on Friday though.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    It is less than 200 yards from me BUT sadly I can't/won't afford it. I shoot twice a week and have a M-F pass 10-4 at Tims for $200, Military and LEO pass. Looks like, based on their other ranges, the Carmel range would be almost $400 for the same deal.

I am not crazy about having to buy rifle ammo from Tims, you CAN bring your own handgun ammo, but they are still nervous about the moron shooting tracers and starting Beech Grove firearms fire. Shooting 2000 rounds a month I have to watch where my ammo money goes.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I just reached out to them via their website and got a response. They claim that due to bad wet weather, they are now planning on an end of March opening, and that if anyone is interested in working there, they will be doing interviews the first week of March.

Top Bottom