• ...and so much more!
  • gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I'm a member at FCVCC, and I love it.
    It's never busy when I'm there, and I've only seen an RSO there once. Usually, you're on your own.
    Yes, there are the usual rules, but they are there to keep everybody safe. Go read the rules on their webpage, and you'll see there is nothing oppressive in there. Sure, I'd love to be able to shoot steel targets, but it's not that big of a deal. Actually, last time I was there a guy was telling me that they had some falling steel targets that they were getting out on Saturday for a pistol match. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to that, because it sounds fun.
    I'm also a member at an indoor range here in Indianapolis, and I can tell you that I do NOT feel safe there because there is usually some dummy there that has no idea you shouldn't point a loaded gun at the people standing beside you. I don't know why anyone would want to shoot at a place with no rules. That just doesn't make sense.

And personally, I would prefer a homebrewed beer. You can keep your Keystone Light. ;)

I greatly appreciate rules; safety is paramount. The vibe i got was very elitist from FCVCC. This wasn't from an everyday member either. Telling me that they shut a guy down the day before because his shots were not on target is "range Nazi" to the max. Maybe suggesting to the person that they should start on a shorter range and work up to the longer range is a better way of doing things.

I would greatly enjoy shooting competition events and will sometime in the future. At FCVCC anytime they have a shooting event be it rifle, pistol, archery or shotgun the rang is shut down. If you look at the April calender on their website every single Sunday in the month of April the range is shut down to open shoot. I would be shooting mostly on the weekend so that is a huge problem for me.

When we were there they had archery shooting going on. So the range technically should have been closed. They had a small bore competition going on simultaneously. It was conveyed to us that the shooters were good shooters and they would allow them to shoot while people were shooting archery; if we wanted to shoot we wouldn't be allowed though.
    There shouldn't be any acceptations to the rules it should be black and white.

It may be a great club. But i wasn't feeling the vibe at all. To each his own.

Homebrew beer all the way!

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Greensburg has a range also you can fish and camp all for $35/year. The owner also lets you use tannerite. The range I do believe is 800 yards.

:ar15::patriot:

Any website for this Greensburg range? Any contact info? Searched and couldn't really come up with anything.

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    Any update on this this Greensburg range? We go to crosley, north vernon. I'm looking for a bit more distance, as crosley only gives up to 200 yards and no steel.

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    If you are referring to the Decauter County Conservation Club the range is only 171 yards to the backstop. Dont waste your money. A friend of mine turned me onto it and the first day I went it was nice. The range is ok has covered benches and is flat. Trees on each side keep the wind to a minimum. So i went ahead and purchased a membership(30per year). I was told I could have one guest by the "caretaker". Next time I went we had a guest and another member showed up and told us that guests were not allowed. The third time I went 2 other members showed up were hassling us. One even told us that "he didn't understand why we were shooting those high powered assault rifles(AR-15 and a WASR) because they were illegal in Indiana". Keep going to Crosley.:twocents:

Any update on this this Greensburg range? We go to crosley, north vernon. I'm looking for a bit more distance, as crosley only gives up to 200 yards and no steel.

bigz82

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Northeast Indianapolis
    I live in indy and i go to wilbur wright. Its near new castle and takes about 45 mins to get there. They have a shotgun area and will even let you use the clay disc thrower. 25 yard pistol range and 50 yard rifle. No steel but the dnr lets me shoot tannerite(expolding targets) if i ask first and tell people at that range first. Even shoot plastic bottles But no fast firing. They are big on that. But nice place with shooting benchs and covered roof for the rifle range. But the big reason its worth it...... its FREE!

Top Bottom