• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killshot500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    marion
    so when do you guys think the gun prices will be normal again im seein people pay 3 times the amount for 22lr and gun have gone up double what they are worth this is crazy

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Until the "gun control" circus settles down, likely to see no noticeable drop in prices. Even after that, it is likely that the prices will not drop back to levels that were known. Kind of like gas prices. Once the public has adjusted and is willing to pay a higher price, why lower it?

terrythegamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Winchester,IN
    Everything will be back to normal when people quit paying more for stuff than its worth as long as someones willing to pay a higher price there is always going to be someone charging the higher price

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Until the "gun control" circus settles down, likely to see no noticeable drop in prices. Even after that, it is likely that the prices will not drop back to levels that were known. Kind of like gas prices. Once the public has adjusted and is willing to pay a higher price, why lower it?

While I see the logic in thinking this way .. I dont know i the "gas prices" argument can hold true in this situation. With gas its the manufacture who is raising the "MSRP" so to speak. Our problem now is that we have resellers who are profiteering while the actual MSRP's are not changing.. so in time people will stop "panic buying" and start to wonder WTF!?, why are these resellers pricing above MSRP and shop around for a reputable LGS that isn't looking to rape its patrons. Which will force the others to be competitive and lower their prices once again.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I'll just shoot what I already have and not worry about it. Not buying or selling anything probably this entire year. I refuse to participate in what's happening.

Unfortunately for me the "fire" I had for this hobby is diminishing rapidly unless things improve. Heck, I've got 4 guns I have yet to shoot and the desire just isn't there anymore.

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    overall, in my area, the only prices that got out of hand was on any type of large caliper high capacity semi auto; AKs, ARs, Mini 14 and 30, etc.. Even the AR style 22 lr doubled in price.
    Bolt action, pistols, lever action, and even small caliper semi auto 22s like the 10/22 have always been the same price. Now that the shelves are getting stocked again the AR 22s are back to normal prices. The other AR platforms are still 10-20% higher unless you can find one at Walmart.
    Ammo prices are still crazy unless you can find a large retailer with it in stock like Cabelas, Walmart, etc.
    So, when will t gt ack to normal? It is getting better, unfortunately it is getting warmer which means more people shooting. If I had to guess I would say after this shooting season is over. So November 2013, February 2014 at the latest. Unless Washington stirs the pot again with either some type of ammo tax or tries to get some restrictions through

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I'll just shoot what I already have and not worry about it. Not buying or selling anything probably this entire year. I refuse to participate in what's happening.

Unfortunately for me the "fire" I had for this hobby is diminishing rapidly unless things improve. Heck, I've got 4 guns I have yet to shoot and the desire just isn't there anymore.

+1 to that, I've got two rifles to sight in, and two I haven't shot yet. A combination of being busy and knowing the cost of those rounds, even if reloaded, keeps my motivation to go shooting quite low.

KDW77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    As long as people keep paying it ,and as long as they keep voting democrat in office.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I was at Knob Creek Machine gun shoot last week-end Apr 2013.
    Last October shoot. I picked up 6, 33 round Glock mags for $15.00 each.
    Apr 2013 show the same seller was asking $100.00 each.
    When I mentioned that to him. He got sarcastic and said they were not Glock.
    I looked at him and said, I purchased them from YOU.

All ammunition was about 3x higher than Oct 2012.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I have been told by many in the industry to not expect the prices to fall much. 1st off Hornaday has already said if the rush stopped today it would still take 2 years to resupply every shelf to where it was before. 2nd what i was told by a couple different shops is that when it slows down price may drop a tad but not a significant amount and it probably never will.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    so when do you guys think the gun prices will be normal again im seein people pay 3 times the amount for 22lr and gun have gone up double what they are worth this is crazy

I think it is already happening! I go to many gun shows. The last few shows (last month or so), I have seen many price tags on AR's rifles with a price near $1800, marked out and sometimes a second $1500 also crossed out with the current price $995. Granted these were rifles that were sold last year for around $750 ~ $850. The AK's, SKS's, and Mini 14 were somewhat the same. At the same time, I didn't see ANY crowds around these tables, and very few people were buying rifles, unlike January - Feb shows.

Some of the more wanted new models that are still in short supply (Glocks etc.) were still marked over MSRP but again were not being "grabbed up". Ammo is doing somewhat the same. Saw a LOT of 22LR on the tables marked from $50 to $80 for 500. When I left the shows the ammo was still on the tables!

The general run of firearms - old and new were still overpriced in my opinion. Again didn't see many buyers. I do look for the price to stay 10- 15% higher for the next few months for firearms.

As far as ammo - I think it will be a price "burst" and will drop back to just about pre-panic prices in the next 4 to 5 months. There has to be a LOT of ammo in speculators hands, once a few stores (maybe 10% of the big stores like GM, Rural King, Wally World) obtain enough stock to stay on the shelves 2 or 3 days, the speculators are going to dump all the ammo they have purchased to obtain the best price they can.

When that happens I think all the stores will have stock within a month. Then sale prices will be seen again. Remember all the manufactures are running full blast, and even though there are a lot of new shooters and people wanting to stock, the amount produced is staggering! The other issue that will help is that there are probably 30 to 40% of ammo buyers that are like me - We have a sufficient stock to last a long time, so we are not going to purchase more until prices are very near normal.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    New gun store in Ft Wayne, Wrigley's had new ar's under $1000.00 and M&P9's $425.00, Nano's $425.00, 9mm 100 rounds $35.99, 10/22 Stainless $259.00. Those are the most reasonable prices I've seen for some time.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I think gun prices are going to start falling. I can't see people continuing to buy new guns (especially in a caliber they don't already own) when they can't buy reasopnably priced ammo for them. Just my 2¢...

Top Bottom