• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It's Australia, would not expect anything else as they strive to protect the criminals of the country that was started as a penal colony.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I didn't realize guns were illegal in Australia. I guess I have been "inappropriat" many times.

They are not, you can still own many types of guns and there are millions of hunters and shooters over there, but they have many silly gun laws (like in all countries including the US :rolleyes:).

But from that article it looks like they took pictures with underaged prostitutes.

I wonder if they also think that showing a cop or a soldier with a gun is also of very poor taste. :dunno:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Australia is full of *****s! :rolleyes:

The U.S. is such a bad influence to them - even with how we are now so politically correct and all. How do they function at all over there. :dunno:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I have a friend that was a Cop in Melborne for 15 years. They had to account for EVERY round fired and return all shell cases. They checked their WW1 .32 revolver out when they got to work and checked it back in before they went home. Rookies do not get to carry guns. This was in the 80s to mid 90s, so things could have changed.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    They are not, you can still own many types of guns and there are millions of hunters and shooters over there, but they have many silly gun laws (like in all countries including the US :rolleyes:).

But from that article it looks like they took pictures with underaged prostitutes.

I wonder if they also think that showing a cop or a soldier with a gun is also of very poor taste. :dunno:

In Australia, a Marlin Model 60 is on the Banned Assault Weapon list.

Not much else to be said about that level of silliness.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    "This incident serves as a warning to all athletes … about the dangers of social media," Australia's chef de Mission for the London team said in a statement. "We say again to our athletes, do not put anything up on social media that you would not share with your mother or your grandmother.

Why wouldn't you share a photo of you holding a gun with your mother or grandmother?

"foolish and foolish and clearly inappropriate for members of the 2012 Australian Olympic team."

"Are you offended by this photograph of Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk in a US gun shop?"

c8IFGkX__U2NbqAY8y7aHg2.jpg

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Swimming Australia issued a statement saying it became aware of "inappropriate photos" and "instantly contacted the athletes involved to ask for them to be removed."

I always get a kick out of this type of thing. Do these people not understand how the internet works? Even if they did take the photos down, they're all ready out in the wild. It's too late.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    "If anyone's been offended I deeply apologize. It was never the intent, it was never supposed to be offensive."

Corrected it for them.

"If anyone's been offended I could care less. If you are so easily offended you might want to seek professional help as to why you are incredibly ignorant and weak. Please do not watch me at the Olympics, I can't have people like you effecting my performance."

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I just read the Yahoo article about it and was going to post a thread if it hadn't been already. My title was going to be "Aussie Olympic Swimmers Hold Guns at American Gun Shop, Australia Freaks the F Out."

The sad thing is, the writer for Yahoo is frickin' blind. He stated twice that the guy on the left is holding "a handgun." Clearly, he's holding two. Maroon.

ETA: Hey, Williamsburg, you spelled Australia wrong, but I see what you did there.

Top Bottom