• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Watched a TV show recently where someone drew his semi-auto pistol, and with both hands firmly on the grip, you heard the sound of it racking itself. Then the person he drew on pulled a semi-auto pistol, again both hands firmly on the grip, but as the pistol came up, again the sound of a slide racking.

Turned it off immediately.

Did watch one recently where a guy let a kid fire his M16. Told the kid to try to only fire short bursts, but the kid pulled and held the trigger, and it actually ran out of ammo in about 4 seconds!!! Someone was paying attention for once! Funny part is when the guy then remarked "so much for trigger control"!!!

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I still love the one Chuck Norris movie...not sure I recall the title. He's chasing a BG through a building. Chuck is armed with an M16/M203 combo and of course spraying hundreds of rounds of ammo as he runs after the BG.

The BG goes through a door and closes it behind him. Chuck pauses across the room, fires the grenade launcher, then pumps it like it's a shotgun and fires it again, blowing the door to itty bitty pieces.

If you've never seen one of these up close, the M203 does open up by sliding the breech forward, so you can rack it like you would a pump action shotgun -- but it's purely a single shot weapon. Opening it up ejects the old round. You have to feed a new round in by hand.

Unless, of course, your name is Chuck Norris.

(and don't get me started on what would happen to you if you were standing 8 feet away from the exploding grenade, let alone 2...but again, he's Chuck Norris. I'm surprised he didn't just karate chop the door.)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ya'll need to watch some episodes of Hunter. Now THERE was a show that showed firearms usage and effects in a realistic light! It's also a fine show to learn what police work is really like.

Top Bottom