• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wonder how hard IN lawmakers are pursuing firearms manufacturers to relocate to IN...

So very many of the Big Boys are in states that utterly despise (as far as the "State Government" is concerned, anyhow) their products - but crave their tax dollars.

Get them out of Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, etc. Come to Indiana PLEASE!!!!! (Same with Guns & Ammo magazine - that recently moved TO Illinois)

You should write to those companies and to the Governor laying out the case for them relocating here. I'm pretty sure none of them are reading this thread.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    found this on another website, hate to burst everyones bubble, but if this info is correct, rra couldnt move to indiana, plus you have a company that could only build for one state not any others, would ruger,smith and wesson, remington, build a factory to sell only in indiana?.

FFA, Q & A

What about existing in-state firearms manufacturers?

Existing manufacturers would NOT be affected by the FFA. They would not be players. Existing manufacturers must have a federal manufacturing license from the BATFE to make and sell guns. Also, they have a national or international market they depend on for their business model and volume. They must sell and ship across state lines - genuine "interstate commerce." Since they are necessarily under the thumb of the BATFE already and know how vindictive the BATFE can be, they would not risk playing in the state-retained guns market.

So, the FFA likely will apply to small machine shops, unlicensed gunsmiths and other tinkerers. Making firearms is not rocket science. It's been done for a long time. Anyone with computer-controlled machining equipment can knock out the actions for firearms. They might finish and sell them, or others might line up to buy state-made firearm actions and finish those for sale in-state as complete firearms under the FFA.

and on the list of mfg's in indiana, mag tactical in newburgh makes ar lowers and suppressors

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MAG-Tactical-Systems/119258428208169?fref=ts

whitakers in owensboro has sold a metric crap ton of lowers for less than $170.00

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Indiana used to offer tax incentives to incoming businesses as part of the push to improve our economy. Couple that with our states pro-2A inclinations and I think that if an honest push was made to get some manufacturers to relocate we might see a few take the offer. If nothing else, making this a haven for NEW manufacturers would be a boon. We are in a great location business wise and Indianapolis proved its worth with such events as the 500 and the Superbowl.

I would be very happy to see a company come to our state and excel to become one of the hottest brands nationwide.

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    The key word is manufacturer. If I'm not mistaken most all major manufacturers are for the most part assemblers. I don't believe any of them actually cast and machine their own lowers. Most of that is done and engraved then shipped to them for assembly. So who is considered the manufacturer, the assembler? Would I be one if I assemble a complete AR from parts?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Was a .45-70 revolver in Evansville years ago, not pretty IMHO, called the Century or something like that.

earl keller ad gene phelps made century 45-70 brass framed revolvers in evansville in the 70"s(im not sure on the exact date) they are a big collector item now, they are beautiful the brass frame with the blue bbl and walnut grips, a work of art, but i'd hate to pull the trigger!

i remember a gun show in owensboro th the late 90's where a guy had a table full of them, but the thing i remember the most was the sign he had..."NOT FOR SALE... DONT EVEN ASK...DISPLAY ONLY"

The key word is manufacturer. If I'm not mistaken most all major manufacturers are for the most part assemblers. I don't believe any of them actually cast and machine their own lowers. Most of that is done and engraved then shipped to them for assembly. So who is considered the manufacturer, the assembler? Would I be one if I assemble a complete AR from parts?

mag tech makes them in newburgh, they are mim (molten injected metal) they say they are 35% lighter than a aluminum lower, if you see one, they are thinner than a standard ar lower, they are so thin they "beef up" the holes so you can use a standard lpk

if you read the wording of the indiana ffa, it says significant parts have to be made in indiana, it excludes springs, stocks,grips, those items could be from anywhere, but my interpretation is, that the lower, the upper, the bbl, the bolt and bolt carrier group(if you are talking ar), would all have to be made in indiana

but i think the key to any states ffa act, is how the scotus rules, i remember when tennesee adopted their ffa act, the batfe mailed a letter to every gunshop and said, yeah right! dont even think about it!, you still have to follow federal law!

Top Bottom