• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I keep Guy Relford as a favorite on my phone and my wife's as well. Told my wife that he is the person to call if I ever get arrested for carrying or shooting someone.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I attended a class put on by US Law Shield and signed up with them. They will represent you in any firearms case whether you fire a shot or not. 100% attorney fees are paid. And they represent both civil and criminal cases. My minor children are also covered and I'm covered in all 50 states when traveling.

Edit: I just noticed that they do not yet offer their services in Indiana.

Last edited:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Told my wife that our family lawyer is the first call for immediate response and representation.

Told her that Guy is the second call. He is the Nuke from Orbit, and the only way to be sure...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My local attorney that I always knew to call is pretty much retired now, so I guess I will need to find another.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Its funny that everyone mentioned Guy. He is holding a FREE law Q/A at Tims Shooting Academy in westfield. Check out Tim's FB page for details. Sounds like a great opportunity to talk with Guy.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    I was just at the Q&A with Guy at Tims shooting academy. Great person to talk with. Guy is definitely a lawyer whose contact info I'll put in my phone.

If you get an opportunity to meet with Guy I highly suggest it.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My question still hasn't been answered.Do you need to pay some kind of retainer fee or can you just randomly call him at zero dark thirty and say "hey,we've never met before but I need you to keep my @$$ out of jail" and he's like "I gotcha bro".

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    He told me you can call his contact number on his website... its set up to a 24 hour phone. If something happens call it... Didn't get an exact answer on retainer fee. But im certain if he's coming down to the jail house to talk at 2 am he's probably not doing that for free.

However... he did mention something that he is a part of. There is something out there like this --- https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/uscca-membership/index.asp?ID=3steps&SID=Homepage&kmi=

Don't quote me i can't remember the EXACT one. I will email him tonight and get an answer tomorrow.

If you sign up for that he is apart of one of those groups. If you do need help he is there to serve as your legal representation.

Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    I was actually thinking of asking this same question. I was wondering if it made more sense to have a local lawyer (someone who knows you, helps you with your will, etc) and then belong to something like the USCCA shield, or just find a good local-ish lawyer like Guy and keep him on speed dial. Obviously there's a financial component, as USCCA is insurance as well. I guess my question is, should you even bother calling your normal Lawyer, since he/she could presumably get there a lot quicker, or just wait for the expert criminal defense lawyer?

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    As posted above... guy is a member of https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

My understanding after speaking with him. If you sign up for USconcealcarry you have a choice of multiple different lawyers if something happens. Guy is one of those choices. So if something does happen you can use GUY as one of your lawyers.

AGAIN If you want a more direct answer. Call him directly or send him an email. The Law Offices of Guy A. Relford

Personally I believe it to be something of value to add this to my yearly purchase. One truck payment a year -- for piece of mind.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    To answer a question posted earlier, I would never charge a retainer fee (or any other type of fee) unless someone actually hires me after the need arises.

I suggest simply keeping the phone number of an attorney whom you trust - and making sure your family members have that number too - in case they need to call on your behalf. (And make sure you get a landline - in case you have to call collect.) If you need him/her, call!

And as mpd mentioned, you have the option of obtaining insurance through an organization like the U.S. Concealed Carry Association or Armed Citizens Defense Network. I am listed in both of their directories for Indiana.

Guy

www.relfordlaw.com

Last edited:

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    To answer a question posted earlier, I would never charge a retainer fee (or any other type of fee) unless someone actually hires me after the need arises.

I suggest simply keeping the phone number of an attorney whom you trust - and making sure your family members have that number too - in case they need to call on your behalf. (And make sure you get a landline - in case you have to call collect.) If you need him/her, call!

And as mpd mentioned, you have the option of obtaining insurance through an organization like the U.S. Concealed Carry Association or Armed Citizens Defense Network. I am listed in both of their directories for Indiana.

Guy

www.relfordlaw.com

Guy, thanks for clearing this up for everyone.

Anyone else I am not a paid spokes person & I have only met Guy once. But I have his number in my phone and will forward the information to my own family. I HIGHLY suggest you put Guy's contact info in your phone. He was a really good dude... he spent an an entire hour out of his night (and his wife's) to answer any and all questions I (and another person attending) had. I am sure he would have spent more time too.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Guy, thanks for clearing this up for everyone.

Anyone else I am not a paid spokes person & I have only met Guy once. But I have his number in my phone and will forward the information to my own family. I HIGHLY suggest you put Guy's contact info in your phone. He was a really good dude... he spent an an entire hour out of his night (and his wife's) to answer any and all questions I (and another person attending) had. I am sure he would have spent more time too.

you should go shoot someone, you know, to pay Guy back?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom