Gun Goodness in Nashville/Bloomington/Brown County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Folks from the Nashville/Bloomington/Brown County area - can you reccommend any public ranges? Pistol or rifle, indoor or outdoor.

We are going to be spending a few days in that part of the state and if there's a good place to shoot in the area, I'll take a couple extra guns to have fun with.

Also, if there are any stores with a good selection of reloading components (esp. powder & primers) I'd like to drop by and have a look.

Now that I come to think of it, anything in the area that would be fun for young boys 4-6 years old might be welcome to know about too.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Folks from the Nashville/Bloomington/Brown County area - can you reccommend any public ranges? Pistol or rifle, indoor or outdoor.

We are going to be spending a few days in that part of the state and if there's a good place to shoot in the area, I'll take a couple extra guns to have fun with.

Also, if there are any stores with a good selection of reloading components (esp. powder & primers) I'd like to drop by and have a look.

Now that I come to think of it, anything in the area that would be fun for young boys 4-6 years old might be welcome to know about too.

I believe that Hoosier Hills is located in Columbus; but, has a rifle range in Brown Co.... Gnawbone I think.
    Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

No public ranges in the area that I know of, all are private. There is the Hoosier National Forest in which you can shoot if you do so safely (PM NateIU on this).

As for stuff to do, come to Btown and get some food and check out the Wonderlab for kids - the boys might enjoy it. How soon you coming?

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    No public ranges in the area that I know of, all are private. There is the Hoosier National Forest in which you can shoot if you do so safely (PM NateIU on this).

As for stuff to do, come to Btown and get some food and check out the Wonderlab for kids - the boys might enjoy it. How soon you coming?

Wonderlab looks good. I think it's supposed to rain there on Wednesday so it would be good to have something for the boys to do.

We are going to be there tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday morning.

We're staying in a cabin near Nashville, FWIW.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Wonderlab looks good. I think it's supposed to rain there on Wednesday so it would be good to have something for the boys to do.

We are going to be there tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday morning.

We're staying in a cabin near Nashville, FWIW.

If the weather breaks, be sure to do Brown Co. state park. Nashville is fun if you are a kitch shopper or like art/wood furnature. I do like the Hobnob for lunch, they had a great mustard there for years and I assume still do.

Bloomington has Wonderlab which is fun and a great walking trail if weather permits and you are the walking type. There is all kinds of foods to pick from and I mean all kinds. We have an army/navy store that is smallish but fun too if you want to get your obscure ammo groove on. And of course we have scantily dressed, Mrs. degree searching, cell phone linked young college women walking all over town - try not to run them over as possible.

If you are willing to trek a bit, if you keep going beyond bloomington on 46 out towards McKormic's Creek state park, there is an indoor archery range with bows to pick from. One of the guys here might know the name so you can call for hours and prices.

I am sure that is not all, but that is all for now from me. Gotta go fix dinner.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I am REALLY disappointed I thought the title said GUN GODDESS I thought maybe it was a new GWG Thread.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    THanks for all the tips!

Hey guy, I'm club officer for HHRP give me a pm and I'll give you a phone number and let you know about the club,

my friend mettle has provided the website,

Print out the application and stuff,

There are a few hoops to jump through but after you get trained the range is yours without many restrictions as I see them.

It's up to you now, Good shooting

Top Bottom