• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    i considered that, but my plan is to make the prize so massive that everyone wants to buy a bunch of tickets, the prize drawing is going to be just before Christmas. Figured it would get us through the busy foot traffic time of the holidays, and make a great gift for someone.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    I want to help the guy, but I kinda want to win something to. Just an idea. when the tickets go on sale, can you make a facebook link that I can post on my wall for my friends to see? I have no idea how to do that.

edit: If you were giving away gravel from the parking lot, I would still buy tickets to help.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I want to help the guy, but I kinda want to win something to. Just an idea. when the tickets go on sale, can you make a facebook link that I can post on my wall for my friends to see? I have no idea how to do that.

Every raffle I enter is typically for a good cause.
    Yes, there is a chance I could win but that usually is not the case so I just look at it as a donation with the opportunity for a nice door prize.

By entering you are helping. It's a win win any way you look at it.

Put me down for some. :yesway:

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Exactly!!! Thanks guys, yes I will put up a facebook link, it will also be on our Orion Arms Corp facebook page.

Sad in a way, Aaron and I always did the charity thing together, mainly motorcyle rides, doing one for him almost makes me sick. Thing that keeps me working so hard is if it were soemone else Aaron would be busting his rump to raise money, just the dude he is...

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Thanks for stepping up to help this young man! when you get started selling I'll post it on some of my websites to generate more ticket sales. Let Aarons family know we're Praying for him.

Last edited:

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Thanks for stepping up to help this young man! when you get started selling I'll post it on some of my websites to generate more ticket sales. Let Aarons family know we're Prayig for him.

my father rides with the PGR also, OCt 20th some of us are hosting a ride for him, if you are interested I'll get you all the info

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Just got done talking to Jeff Randall, ESEE found out about this and is sending me knives also!!!!!! Those will be added into the raffle, cant wait to get the whole kit and kaboddle (yeah I said it) together so I can post a pic and list everythign you can will. This my friends will be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please subscribe to this thread so I can keep updating it!!!!!!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Corky just stopped by and picked up some donations.

New (old actually) items to be raffled or auctioned are a Nazi Luftschutz Helmet in 90% condition with original decal, a B-17 radio converted to play am/sw radio and run off of AC/DC current, and an original piece of clay art (a vase) by well known Kentucky Artist Wayne Ferguson titled "Burkha and AK Woman" and is actually signed on the bottom. Wayne does not normally sign his work but he did on this piece.

To those not familiar with Wayne's work here is a link to his website.

WAYNE FERGUSON

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Sweet, thanks Rick (I have one of Wayne's gernades on my desk as an ink pen holder)

I'd love to raise $25,000 between the auction on Oct 6th, the ride on Oct 20th, and the holiday season raffle.

Thanks for the donations, its greatly appericated!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sweet, thanks Rick (I have one of Wayne's gernades on my desk as an ink pen holder)

I'd love to raise $25,000 between the auction on Oct 6th, the ride on Oct 20th, and the holiday season raffle.

Thanks for the donations, its greatly appericated!!!

He did a great job on those Jap grenades!!! I have got a couple in the shop and you are right. They make great pen holders!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Raffle prizes are taxable... Keep that in mind. Some people might not be able to afford the tax burden on thousands and thousands of dollars worth of prize.

I assume the winner will be 1099'd?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The ingo family again comes through and of course we are in for at least 100 tickets.

Ingo rocks......................................:ingo:

Prayers and positive thoughts to the entire family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Raffle prizes are taxable... Keep that in mind. Some people might not be able to afford the tax burden on thousands and thousands of dollars worth of prize.

I assume the winner will be 1099'd?

You can post up in the classifieds and offset some of the tax burden if it is to much to bear.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You can post up in the classifieds and offset some of the tax burden if it is to much to bear.

A LOT of INGOers would HAVE to do just that. I'm only mentioning this to 1) make sure the OP is aware of his responsibilities in running this, and 2) anyone buying tickets knows what's up, and doesn't feel bushwacked when he gets his 1099.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A LOT of INGOers would HAVE to do just that. I'm only mentioning this to 1) make sure the OP is aware of his responsibilities in running this, and 2) anyone buying tickets knows what's up, and doesn't feel bushwacked when he gets his 1099.

Good advice. If I won I would most likely post up a few and sell them. The money would go right back to the charity thus offsetting some of the tax burden and boosting the till for the medical bills. Just a thought. A win/win

Top Bottom