• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I went in to buy "something" at Priscillas on 38th st and saw the Ohio no guns sign. I told the Manager I would go elsewhere as it is not safe to go in ANY store in that area without a gun for law abiding citizens. I also mentioned it was not "Illegal" to carry in there even with the sign.They took the sign down and it is still not back up.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    All shopping malls owned by the Simon Group, small sign usually posted in the hallway for the main offices and restrooms, on the wall opposite the office entrance.

wolfman

Doesn't it have to posted at the point of entry. In all the times I've ever been in a Simon Mall property I can count on 1 hand on how many times I've used their restroom facilities.

IndyBeerman

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Doesn't it have to posted at the point of entry. In all the times I've ever been in a Simon Mall property I can count on 1 hand on how many times I've used their restroom facilities.

IndyBeerman
    There are signs inside all of the entrance doors, and not that it matters, it doesn't need to be posted, at any time in any business they can ask you to leave for whatever reason, and if you refuse, could possibly be charged with criminal trespass.

RF7126

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    West-Central Indiana
    There are signs inside all of the entrance doors, and not that it matters, it doesn't need to be posted, at any time in any business they can ask you to leave for whatever reason, and if you refuse, could possibly be charged with criminal trespass.

This is true. They don't have to have a rule posted to ask you to leave. The good news though is that they can't do anything to you if you just leave when they ask.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Kohl's department stores are usually posted with a "No guns" sign. I think it's corporate policy.

For those in South Bend who need to go to St Joseph Regional Medical Center (hospital) for anything: If you park on the 2nd parking level and go in that entrance, there is not a sign there marked "No Firearms." There is one on the first level, though, so I always go in the second. I was there for a while a few weeks ago while my daughter was getting born and didn't have any problems.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    State Buildings Fall.

So I go down to the State Buildings and they now have moved all public entrances to one place and have installed metal detectors there.

I ask the drones working them, why do you have metal detectors installed now. Answer was, we are scanning for weapons.

Thats funny I said there isn't a sign anywhere that prohibits them.

I was going to push it with the Capitol Police that were standing there but I was in a big hurry.

Another one falls...

Quig.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    So I go down to the State Buildings and they now have moved all public entrances to one place and have installed metal detectors there.

I ask the drones working them, why do you have metal detectors installed now. Answer was, we are scanning for weapons.

Thats funny I said there isn't a sign anywhere that prohibits them.

OK, here is a question. Is it now illegal to carry a pistol into the State Buildings, even if you have a valid LTCH? It would seem that this is a public building and would therefore have no right to deny carry unless a law specifically forbids it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, here is a question. Is it now illegal to carry a pistol into the State Buildings, even if you have a valid LTCH? It would seem that this is a public building and would therefore have no right to deny carry unless a law specifically forbids it.

It's not a law, but it has force of law. The Department of Administration put that through a couple of years ago. Really want some enlightenment, go check out the video of the discussion of Sen. Nugent's SB 356 in the last session. It's about an hour long, near the end of the session. I don't remember which day or anything, but I posted something with a link a few weeks ago.

I'll see if I can find it and edit it in here.

ETA: Link to previous post: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ill_long_thompson_for_governor.html#post77282

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Blue Flame Gas
    1354 N.W. "L" Street
    Richmond, IN 47374

Blue Flame Gas
    3005 South US 27
    Liberty, IN 47353

Both have the Ohio type sign with the slash through the gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom