• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Let's move onto the real problem here. OCing a butt ugly Glock...eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww! :runaway::runaway::runaway:
    I was "O C -ing" yesterday. After I stepped outside of the "Pay before you Pump" Convieance Store", the wind blew open my Hawian Shirt, thus exposing the G-23 on my right hip. Didn't even think about it till I noticed some little fellow staring at me. Just walked to the truck to pump my gas ( DAMN near $4 a Gal) and waited for a Crown Vic to come SCREEEEEECHING into the station... ( It never did! :D )

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Well I created quite a stir. Some of you got pretty emotional about this but that's ok, you have every right to. Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. I asked a question and got a lot of F you's in return, those are not the kind of people I want to associate myself with.

To clarify, no I do not have any legal right to request to see or know of one's LTCH status. I didn't ask the guy if he "had a LTCH" in a manner of 'show me because I deserve to know.' I simply asked because, to me, it seemed like the right way to approach a conversation with someone I don't know and an easy way to be somewhat sure I'm not associating myself with someone carrying a handgun without a license which is against the law.

The guy was trashy looking. I said it. It wasn't a reflection on who the person was but rather what he let everyone believe he was. Judge me, I don't care.

There's a few people on these boards who don't care for LEO's and I think some of the more emotional reactions to my post are associated with that. I'm sorry you feel that way.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I remember in grade school,there was always one little girl,that would raise her hand,and in her whiny little voice,report anyone she felt was violating some rule....she apparently has grown up,she and several like her are here on INGO.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Also, thank you to everybody who answered my question without throwing insults. Some of you have changed my mind and made me think about how I'd do this differently if this ever happens to me again.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's a few people on these boards who don't care for LEO's and I think some of the more emotional reactions to my post are associated with that. I'm sorry you feel that way.
    How do you figure that had anything to do with their reactions? :dunno:

Mrs.BDBHoover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    He probably calls it a permit. Why would anyone call the police? What did he do illegal?

You would be shocked if you knew how many dispatch centers get calls like this. It's a daily thing. We get a least 2 to 4 calls a night about someone carrying a gun.
    People don't understand gun laws at all.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Meh. As Salt N' Pepa says, "It's none o' yo' bizness!"

I wouldn't say Jack.

HOWEVER...that doesn't mean that he's not on my personal radar and I wouldn't act accordingly if it turned out he intended harm. Just sayin'.

I don't think anyone should be required to carry a permission slip
    I'm so calling it that from now on.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This thread is full of fail.

I am shocked that anyone would call this in at all. This is no differant than the sheeple calling in a MWAG call just because they see somoene open carrying.

I am ashamed of a few members on this board now.

Agree! He has no obligation to prove to anyone except LEO that he is carrying legally.

In addition, the "If I can't, then you can't" comment struck me as odd. People are so worried that someone else is going to have it better than you do. Just worry about yourself.

I too, and baffled by the many who would have called this in. I don't get it. If you truly thought he was a threat, it was nice of you to leave the poor cashier there defenseless.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This is what I said, "If he is not smart enough to KNOW he needs a LTCH in Indiana, he's a walking time bomb that will get an innocent person killed."

OK (my example...not the OP's story), guy carries gun and when asked, he had no idea he needed a LTCH. Now, if said person is SO ignorant of the most basic legal requirements that the same person will actually know when to point and fire his pistol? Not likely. Hell, I get my share of LTCH holders that point their pistols as person's they had no legal right to or firing in the air indiscriminately.

You can't draw that conclusion. Knowing how to shoot, and knowing how to read are not related at all.

Top Bottom