• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I stopped at a Speedway on the Eastside of Indianapolis and went inside for a drink. At the time I was open carrying a Glock 26 in a thumb break holster on my hip. As I was in the checkout line a trashy looking white guy walks up to me and asked what I was carrying and yada yada yada... the guy ends up pulling up his shirt to show me a bodyguard .380 tucked in the front of his pants (no holster). I said "Oh, you've got a license to carry?" and the guy says "LOL WUT?." At that point I pretty much ended the conversation, paid for the drink, and left. Would you have called the police on this guy? I didn't, but am thinking I should have.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I know, he must be one of those lucky few who possess a concealed carry PERMIT, and he was confused by your mentioning a license.

I probably would have reported him. He doesn't sound like the type I want to be representing gun owners to sheeple.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Report him for doing absolutely nothing illegal?

Looking trashy? Courtney Love would have been executed in Indiana years ago.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Report him for doing absolutely nothing illegal?

Looking trashy? Courtney love would have been executed in Indiana years ago.
    if he did not have a license to carry he was carrying a firearm illegally

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

Exactly. Knowing this, would you have notified the police? As wolfts01 said, he doesn't sound like the type I want to be representing gun owners.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obviously.

Because of his response of "LOL WUT" just makes him ignorant - not unlike many gun owners that don't call their license a license.

But hell, I guess cops just love getting MWG calls. They (911 operator) wont even ask if he's doing something illegal - just that he is a man with a gun. Good enough.

IC 35-47-2-1

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Exactly. Knowing this, would you have notified the police? As wolfts01 said, he doesn't sound like the type I want to be representing gun owners.

let me start off by saying I wouldn't have conversed with the guy long enough to have him flashing his gun at me.

call it in if I do see it... probably not just for the simple fact I don't know if he has a LTCH or not. He just acted ignorant when asked.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

Then why don't you call it in right now? Do it hero. Give the cops the description of this dirtbag before he hurts somebody.

It's not for you to decide who represents free men and gun owners.

Let me guess, You: dress in Versace', Polo, and or Tommy Hillfeger. Wear a Rolex. Drive shiney F150. You're good. Stay classy.

You don't represent me. You do represent something though. We don't live in caste system.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Then why don't you call it in right now? Do it hero. Give the cops the description of this dirtbag before he hurts somebody.

It's not for you to decide who represents free men and gun owners.

Let me guess, You: dress in Versace', Polo, and or Tommy Hillfeger. Wear a Rolex. Drive shiney F150. You're good. Stay classy.

You don't represent me. You do represent something though. We don't live in caste system.

I see this is an emotional topic for you but please, please don't cross the line with future comments on this. your toes are right against the line with your above post as far as insults go....

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    If I felt he was going to endanger someone else but still breaking the law on something that could ruin things for the rest of us (I'm not sure I would feel that way in this case) I would call non-emergency line.

I still would of left as soon as possible though

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I would've just said the truth. If you don't have a license, get one. Save yourself the trouble. Who knows, that bum may save your a$$ one day.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I'm confused.

So he said, "LOL, Wut?" or did he laugh and say, "what?" when you asked him...

And then you just walked away from him? I would have clarified and said, "you know, your license, permit.....that allows you to carry in IN!" ....and we would go from there

Top Bottom