• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ian46222

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Went to the range recently and notice a pack of douche bags shooting there guns side way like they were gangster rappers. Guy in charge of the range didn't seem to mind. There should be a rule against such douchebaggery. MHO

Ian

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    And people wonder why I pay hundreds of dollars in dues for membership in private clubs.

More than once I have set up at general public ranges and a bunch of fools start waving guns like they are playing video game controllers. I often try to talk to them before I pack up. Some people want to remain ignorant, so I just pack up and leave, hoping no one lobs a bullet where it causes harm to themselves or someone else. Drop a few bullets where they do not belong, that is what gets ranges closed down.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Who cares how it "looks"? It's not a fashion show. As long as they're being safe, why do you care? When I go to the range, I shoot from any position I can get into because I need to be able to shoot from any position I am in. If that means shooting with my hand tilted a little to the side, then I'm gonna do it and I don't give a damn if people think it "looks stupid". Even if it's just for "fun", as long as they're being safe, WHO CARES?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Other than holding the gun sideways did they follow the 4 rules? Maybe there should be a rule #5 " Don't look like a doosh when you shoot"

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    So if I saw you at the range and you weren't gripping your pistol correctly do you want someone coming over and telling you you're doing it wrong? No. As long is they are obeying the range rules I don't say anything.

Some people like to have fun at the range, you have to "throw some bullets" sometimes...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'd be willing to wager you wouldn't gripe about Bob Mundin (RIP) shooting from the hip. :D

bob_munden_500.png

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd be willing to wager you wouldn't gripe about Bob Mundin (RIP) shooting from the hip. :D

Only if he shot with the gun tilted a little too far to one side. I'm not sure what angle exceeds the Douche Quotient, though. Guess I'll have to throw a protractor in the ol' range bag.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I'm guessing that it wasn't really the angle of pistol that upset the OP as much as the shooter grabbing his crotch with his other hand while uttering aspersions toward the target about its mother and sisters.

Top Bottom