• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    he needed money for a new furnace..his broke and he need one asap so whoever gave him that 825 helped him out alot...i wouldnt blame him either you know if it was you and someone offered more then your asking price you would have took it to..and dont say you would'nt because you would be lieing to yourself....by theway i was not the lucky one to get it so dont be mad

Nice grammar. Welcome to INGO.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah,had a couple of real stories. Some so funny that if that is the that he could come up with,I'm glad we never met up. Some real gut wretching,I guess I should be happy if everybody is still alive. Overall,I'd have to say most I have dealt with were straight guys,and I would deal with again. Even couple that were beyond exceptional.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I have purchased a few items on another gun board and all went well there. In all fairness, it was less than five (5) items.

Here I tried to purchase one (1) item and the seller informs me that it had already sold through another venue. I was mad. I find it very bad form to list something in multiple boards/sites/outlets. This is just asking for the word "unreliable" being attached to you.

I have a few guidelines I will share:

#1) The other person MUST be contributing something to forum BEYOND mercantilism! I look upon INGO as a community where we share, learn, and grow. Also, we just happen to allow for some buying and trading, but that is an addendum to the true nature of this place, not its raison d'etre.

#2) There must be a picture! We are in the 21st Century! Rome has fallen, the British were kicked out of the colonies, we have walked on the moon, our national debt is over $16 trillion. Al Gore built the internet (and DARPA helped!) We can by God afford a digital camera.

#3) Communication is essential! If I am going to need to jump through hoops to close the deal OR the other person needs to jump through hoops those had better be communicated. Communication implies timely as well.

#4) If either party wants/needs to back out of a deal once "I'll take it" has been posted they had better by God ask permission! I don't mind letting someone off of the hook or being let off of the hook, speaking ethically but good form demand you ask. "My transmission died. I need $2k to fix it. If I go through with this deal I won't be able to get to work. I am very sorry but I must ask MAY I PLEASE BE RELEASED from our deal?" Works for me. Just a "something has come up and I can't make it" gets you on my :poop: list. Goes back to communication.

#5) If you get on my :poop: list, you are there FOREVER! And I expect that if I get on yours I expect it will go for the same duration. No one is on this list right now. Goes back to what Sarge said about a man and his word.

#6) Asking questions is NOT a commitment - either way! If I ask questions I may loose the deal and vice versa, but so goes life.

#7) Once "I'll take it" is posted nothing can honorably change. Price/quality/location/quantity/origin/etc cannot be changed! For example, if I say "I'll take it" on a posted 1951 Yugoslavian Tokarev for $150 in excellent condition that is what I expect to receive! Not a 1953, not a Polish, not for $150 + TAX, etc. Any alteration to the original posting become a lie and someone winds up on someones :poop: list - FOREVER!

#8) If I fail to ask an intelligent question that is on me. I live in Fort Wayne. If the add says "FTF" and I don't ask and find out the seller lives in Evansville, then I guess I am going to drive six (6) hours to pick the thing up. My bad, my loss. Nothing keeps me from asking to meet in the middle, but it is incumbent on me to verify the details before committing.

There is my little rant for the night!

Regards,

Doug

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    To All,

I have purchased a few items on another gun board and all went well there. In all fairness, it was less than five (5) items.

Here I tried to purchase one (1) item and the seller informs me that it had already sold through another venue. I was mad. I find it very bad form to list something in multiple boards/sites/outlets. This is just asking for the word "unreliable" being attached to you.

I have a few guidelines I will share:

#1) The other person MUST be contributing something to forum BEYOND mercantilism! I look upon INGO as a community where we share, learn, and grow. Also, we just happen to allow for some buying and trading, but that is an addendum to the true nature of this place, not its raison d'etre.

#2) There must be a picture! We are in the 21st Century! Rome has fallen, the British were kicked out of the colonies, we have walked on the moon, our national debt is over $16 trillion. Al Gore built the internet (and DARPA helped!) We can by God afford a digital camera.

#3) Communication is essential! If I am going to need to jump through hoops to close the deal OR the other person needs to jump through hoops those had better be communicated. Communication implies timely as well.

#4) If either party wants/needs to back out of a deal once "I'll take it" has been posted they had better by God ask permission! I don't mind letting someone off of the hook or being let off of the hook, speaking ethically but good form demand you ask. "My transmission died. I need $2k to fix it. If I go through with this deal I won't be able to get to work. I am very sorry but I must ask MAY I PLEASE BE RELEASED from our deal?" Works for me. Just a "something has come up and I can't make it" gets you on my :poop: list. Goes back to communication.

#5) If you get on my :poop: list, you are there FOREVER! And I expect that if I get on yours I expect it will go for the same duration. No one is on this list right now. Goes back to what Sarge said about a man and his word.

#6) Asking questions is NOT a commitment - either way! If I ask questions I may loose the deal and vice versa, but so goes life.

#7) Once "I'll take it" is posted nothing can honorably change. Price/quality/location/quantity/origin/etc cannot be changed! For example, if I say "I'll take it" on a posted 1951 Yugoslavian Tokarev for $150 in excellent condition that is what I expect to receive! Not a 1953, not a Polish, not for $150 + TAX, etc. Any alteration to the original posting become a lie and someone winds up on someones :poop: list - FOREVER!

#8) If I fail to ask an intelligent question that is on me. I live in Fort Wayne. If the add says "FTF" and I don't ask and find out the seller lives in Evansville, then I guess I am going to drive six (6) hours to pick the thing up. My bad, my loss. Nothing keeps me from asking to meet in the middle, but it is incumbent on me to verify the details before committing.

There is my little rant for the night!

Regards,

Doug

I was going to respond to this, but...something has come up and I can't do it. :D

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What you did there? I saw it.

Rhino,

I see it too.:):

The thing is, Annie cannot get on my bad side. She has just been too nice out at Tomlinson's.

Anyone who sets aside a couple of pounds of high explosive gun powder exceeds their normal quota of karma points!:rockwoot:

She just enjoys trying.:draw:

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Anyone who sets aside a couple of pounds of high explosive gun powder ...

I had a 30mm shell in my hands and walked into the office the other night saying "Powder Trick or Treat! Fill it up, please!"
    Denny said we might could put something real interesting in there for me to touch off...but I probably wouldn't be allowed back into 'Busco!! :):

I'm still thinkin' on it.
    indifferent0004.gif

Top Bottom