• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yeah. That's a cringe-worthy tweet. The point of the tweet is mocking the "common sense gun control" by substituting "common sense media control". It's not that they literally want congress to force the media not to report on mass shootings. I mean that's utterly ridiculous as it's a 1st amendment violation as much as the gun control is a 2nd amendment violation. Which is the point, but not many people will even see that point. They'll just embed deeper into their tribe.

Well, the anti's are so emotional they won't allow themselves to look deeper and see the actual point being made

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    WGN News at 9 is going to have a first aid in a mass casualty situation tonight.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...utm_medium=marketing&utm_campaign=tucker-guns

Tucker Confronts Dem Congressman for Hypocrisy of Personal Protection With Guns

“Why shouldn’t my wife have the same firearm at home that your bodyguards use to protect you,” Carlson shot back at one point. Swalwell couldn’t wrap his mind around the question:
    SWALWELL: That is a ridiculous argument, Tucker.
    CARLSON: But, why?
    SWALWELL: It’s absolutely ridiculous!
    CARLSON: Why is it ridiculous? Cause you’re more important than me?
    SWALWELL: No—I—You are trying to confuse the issue here.
    CARLSON: I’m asking a sincere question. Why should you get to protect yourself with certain guns—

Sometimes I wonder if Tucker just goes onto various gun forums. Cause all he's doing is restating things said.
    On the other hand, maybe it's stuff most of us know. Just the anti-gunnerst that don't.

That is one sick, twisted, and scary piece of ****.

He reminds me of the commandment "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others".

Hell harbors a special place for him and those of his ilk.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That is one sick, twisted, and scary piece of ****.

He reminds me of the commandment "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others".

Hell harbors a special place for him and those of his ilk.

I basically used that argument with a book store owner.
    He said that politicians have people trying to kill them.
    I told him, okay, they have more of a CHANCE of needing one. BUT, once it is needed, it is the SAME fight. They are not fighting super criminals.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    WGN News at 9 is going to have a first aid in a mass casualty situation tonight.

So as I figured It was an AR 15 hit piece.

They had a gun shop owner explaining how much more deadly the AR was than a pistol because the long barrel increased the velocity. I give him credit that he most likely gave a decent interview, but they butchered it to say what they wanted it to say.

A Chicago doctor showed X-rays and explained that a pistol would not break bones the way an AR would. He said he sees wounds like this often. He didn't say that that accounts for about 3% of GSW's in Chicago.

Another woman in a lab coat showed an X-ray of a shattered hip, and said that an AR was devastating, but a pistol bullet would be lodged in the hip or make a small puncture.

They did have a woman in a lab coat show on a fake thigh with a large gash how to cover the wound with any cloth and apply direct Pressure with both hands. She did a good job of showing bearing down with all of your weight, but on a counter top, it would have been much more effective had it been on the ground.

She then said if that doesn't stop the bleed to try packing the wound and applying direct pressure and said to hold the pressure until medical personnel take over.

She then gave a poor demonstration of how to apply a CAT tourniquet.

More than you would expect from Chicago media, but really the slant you would expect.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Am I the only one that feels that posting tweets is lazy, sloppy reporting? Summarize it into an easily read format and list your sources. This wall of twitter posts absolutely sucks.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    17-facts-612x2791.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Parkland shooting survivors just announced March for Our Lives: Road to Change, a 60-day, 20-state, 75 stop summer bus tour to register young voters and promote gun law reform, which begins on June 15 in Chicago

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Parkland shooting survivors just announced March for Our Lives: Road to Change, a 60-day, 20-state, 75 stop summer bus tour to register young voters and promote gun law reform, which begins on June 15 in Chicago

When are the students holding their bake sale to fund this tour? :rolleyes:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And they won't see the irony that they will have armed police to protect them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom