• ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I wrote this specifically for the mixed crowd of FB:

My take on Gun Control. Let’s talk facts, not emotions. This is a little long, but worth the read. In 2009, the Obama administration (BATF&E) legally purchased a couple of thousands firearms from dealers in Arizona, and illegally sold them to the drug cartels in Mexico (Google “fast & furious” if you’re not familiar). Their plan was to have “legally purchased” guns show up in Mexico, and have the Mexican & then the American people so mad, that they demand that “something be done” about the gun situation.

Unfortunately, those guns in the hands of the drug lords killed about 300 people in Mexico, and an American Border Patrol Agent, named Brian Terry. When Terry was killed, his killers were found with weapons that our administration sold to the drug cartels. When that happened, a Whistle Blower in the ATF blew the lid off the operation. The Obama administration lied about it, covered it up, and denied knowing anything. Eventually the truth came out. However, nobody went to jail, nobody was even so much as fined. A couple people got re-assigned, some even to higher paying positions. And of course, the Lamestream American Media ignored it.

Fast forward to December 2012. A tragic shooting by a deranged individual in Newtown CT. The first thing the administration did was to turn this into a political opportunity, and try to get the public to demand that “something be done” about the gun situation. A lot of people jumped on board, because it was an awful tragedy, that should never have happened.

This week the president is coming out with a list of 19 things they want to do to control gun violence, and “keep another Newtown from happening”. The first thing you need to know is, this list of 19 things that Biden is presenting the president is not something they came up with this month, or even in the last year. It is something they have had in the works for years. The second thing is, the president knows that he does not have the support from either the House of Representatives or the Senate to pass this legislation, from either the Republicans or the Democrats, so he is trying to pass them by using an “Executive Order”, or a Presidential Decree. This simply means he is saying “It’s law because I said so”. He is “passing laws” that are directly contrary to the second amendment of our Constitution. This is against the laws of our country, and a congressman in Texas has already said he will file Articles of Impeachment against our president as soon as he does it.

What’s more important to ask ourselves right now is, “If any of these new gun control laws were in place, would they have prevented the tragedy at Newtown?” And the answer, sadly, is “No.” So when the president surrounds himself with six year old children to announce his new Gun Control Measures, we all need to realize his real intentions. He knows fully well that these new rules would not have prevented the Newtown tragedy from happening, and it will in no way prevent another one from happening. THAT’S NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT. This is about control. It is about disarming law abiding citizens of this great country. It is about taking away the ability of The People to defend themselves from “any enemy, foreign or domestic”. It is about taking away the ability of The People to defend themselves from a tyrannical government that knows it is subverting The Constitution Of The United States.

I’m all for making our children safer. However, taking guns away from people like me, who carry every day, in order to protect themselves, their families, and their fellow citizens, and keep “The Wolves” at bay, will only accomplish EXACTLY what they want it to, and that’s to control their subjects.

I end with a couple of quotes from some of our founding fathers, who are the Architects of the Greatest Country in the History of the World. (can you tell I’m Proud to be an American?)

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the people's liberty's teeth." -- George Washington

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thomas Paine

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. ... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -- Thomas Jefferson letter to Peter Carr, 1785

And one of my favorites: "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Allen B.

Regular Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Excellent letter, CC. It would also double as a letter to our legislators; it would probably make more impact there than FB, at least among those I interact with. FB has excellent potential for getting issues across, but it's frustrating that with my "friends" it has turned into a place to tell people what you had for lunch and to post pictures of kittens sleeping in sinks.

When I try to open a serious discussion about anything on FB, I feel like I might as well put a message in a bottle and throw it in the lake.

But that's just my crowd--I hope you have better results!

newgunguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    delaware county
    facebook

Excellent letter, CC. It would also double as a letter to our legislators; it would probably make more impact there than FB, at least among those I interact with. FB has excellent potential for getting issues across, but it's frustrating that with my "friends" it has turned into a place to tell people what you had for lunch and to post pictures of kittens sleeping in sinks.

When I try to open a serious discussion about anything on FB, I feel like I might as well put a message in a bottle and throw it in the lake.

But that's just my crowd--I hope you have better results!

same here, sad

Top Bottom