• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    It's in the works you can bet on that good ole harry ain't gonna leave quietly .

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    It's in the works you can bet on that good ole harry ain't gonna leave quietly .

It would be a non-starter. The House is still heavily controlled by Repubs, and enough of them are pro-gun that they would be extremely reluctant to pass anything gun control-wise coming from the senate. The real question is what the prez is prepared to do Executive Order style.

If an EO is passed, the house and senate would have to override it. That would require a supermajority (2/3) vote. While the Repubs will have 52 guaranteed (53 or 54 likely) senate positions, that is still at the least around 14 votes short. They would require a dozen dems to cross the lines and support an override. Meanwhile the house would need 290 votes. With 242 confirmed seats, that would still require almost 50 dems to cross the line and support.

Executive Order is the real worry here.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The two biggest gun-control governors, Hickenloper in CO and Malloy in CT - both eeked out reelection bids. Also, in WA, the UBC ballot measure passed, while the run-rights ballot measure failed.

*sigh* I guess we couldn't get everything this time around.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    It would be a non-starter. The House is still heavily controlled by Repubs, and enough of them are pro-gun that they would be extremely reluctant to pass anything gun control-wise coming from the senate. The real question is what the prez is prepared to do Executive Order style.

Interesting you brought this up... just saw this in the news this morning...
    Obama defiant, vows immigration action this year

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    One of the reasons we moved to Indiana is because of other states lunacy. I am more concerned about what our state is doing and engaged to keep it moving in the right direction. Can't fix stupid in another state but I can fight it here.

From and IN perspective things are looking up.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    One of the reasons we moved to Indiana is because of other states lunacy. I am more concerned about what our state is doing and engaged to keep it moving in the right direction. Can't fix stupid in another state but I can fight it here.

From and IN perspective things are looking up.
    And that's more reason to stay.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Did any of u hear about Washington state and 1-541 I think. It was a anti gun measure that passed.
    Yep. The billionaires won the day there. And CT can possibly look forward to gun confiscations in the future. As usual, Brietbart was wrong. Gun owners took a shot to the head this go around.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Did any of u hear about Washington state and 1-541 I think. It was a anti gun measure that passed.

I-594 (Universal Background Checks for all (undefined) "transfers") passed. A gun-rights protection measure, I-591, failed. Bad night in WA.

Top Bottom