• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    +1 for the find. It's a good read.
    Too bad the sheep will never know, don't care, and even if they were shown would say "oh well". :faint:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    zur Klasse:

Bitte lesen Sie durch.

...und Rep für den Cosermann.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When LBJ signed that, he was overheard stating that the gun ban was his first step in getting complete control over the country. If anything good came out of the Vietnam "conflict" was that it got Johnson out of office before he could destroy everything we true Americans hold dear.

I hope he is rotting in Hades.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Those of us who fought that piece of crap legislation when it was proposed were told that it was going to be the final piece of legislation needed to reign in the "rampant" abuse of firearms in America.
    We called BS then, and we were right!!
    The Anti's will never give up until they have turned us into a "Crap your pants and run instead of defending yourself" nation like Britain, and now Australia.
    You younger guys must remain on guard.
    The Brady's aren't dead.
    They're just hibernating until the time is right to attempt to take our Second Amendment Rights away altogether.
    :xmad:
    OK
    Rant over.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    Those of us who fought that piece of crap legislation when it was proposed were told that it was going to be the final piece of legislation needed to reign in the "rampant" abuse of firearms in America.
    We called BS then, and we were right!!
    The Anti's will never give up until they have turned us into a "Crap your pants and run instead of defending yourself" nation like Britain, and now Australia.
    You younger guys must remain on guard.
    The Brady's aren't dead.
    They're just hibernating until the time is right to attempt to take our Second Amendment Rights away altogether.
    :xmad:
    OK
    Rant over.
    when it comes to this subject, please never stop your rant.thanks :patriot:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yes they did!
    The people running the NRA at the time drank the Kool Aid and sold out.
    I dropped my membership for almost twenty years because of that crap. :xmad:
    I didn't rejoin until I became an ILEA Certified Firearms Instructor in '85.

I hear this quite often, but never see any evidenced advanced. And if they supported anything, was it the Interstate licensing of GCA '68 over the handgun bans that LBJ wanted because it was obvious that something was going to pass? I'm skeptical. The same is said of NFA '34, again with no evidence. In 1934, FDR wanted licensing and registration and transfer taxes on ALL guns but it got watered down, we're pretty fortunate we didn't end up like England back then. And what is, "the NRA," how many of those who saw NFA and GCA pass still alive or still at the NRA. Is the post-Cincinnati '77 NRA the same as pre-'77? It's not some sort of living entity, it's made up of people.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I hear this quite often, but never see any evidenced advanced.
    That's because you've never looked.

GCA 1934: Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters
    GCA 1968: THE GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968
    A Short History: http://www.reviewjournal.com/cgi-bi...me/2001/Jun-03-Sun-2001/opinion/16231491.html

...and I'll leave you with this little gem from the American Rifleman.

NRA_AR_03_1968_p6.gif

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That's because you've never looked.

GCA 1934: Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters
    GCA 1968: THE GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968
    A Short History: http://www.reviewjournal.com/cgi-bi...me/2001/Jun-03-Sun-2001/opinion/16231491.html

...and I'll leave you with this little gem from the American Rifleman.

Did you miss this?

In 1934, FDR wanted licensing and registration and transfer taxes on ALL guns but it got watered down, we're pretty fortunate we didn't end up like England back then.

Was the machine gun registration the compromise to prevent what FDR wanted, and FDR had a massive voting majority. "No compromise" would have had us like England long ago. What's the "rest of the story."

100 bullets

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Georgia
    Did you miss this?

Was the machine gun registration the compromise to prevent what FDR wanted, and FDR had a massive voting majority. "No compromise" would have had us like England long ago. What's the "rest of the story."

You Sir are an Enabler, a tool of the communists(progressives), one who makes excuses from the undefendable actions of the NRA. They recently called my house- 3 weeks ago- to ask for money. I told the lady I could not support the organization for 4 reasons and until they corrected those four wrongs I would encourage others to join other pro gun organizations and STAY AWAY, FROM THE NRA.
    1st The NRA supported the evil politicians such as Harry Read
    2nd The NRA failed to mount a serious effort to stop anti gun Supreme Court justices that Obama the Lost had put up.
    3rd The NRA had tried to stop laws that my state organization got passed and signed in to law that expanded our guns rights.
    and finally the NRA does not care about class 3 gun owners. The NRA has abandoned us repeatly and now its time to abandon the NRA. I told her that the NRA needs to realize that people want to be able to own more than a hunting rifle or shotgun.
    I told her that if the NRA changes these four items they can count on my support but until then they can count on my encouraging other join organizations that care about gun rights besides being able to hunt. I also suggested she to go ahead and talk to Wayne right now.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I also like how he goes from "I've never seen any evidence the NRA supported the GCA" to "they had to do it to save us from FDR".

Typical NRA apologist non-sense. I just ignore them... They're like the French sympathizers who thought they had to help the Nazis to save their country. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I also like how he goes from "I've never seen any evidence the NRA supported the GCA" to "they had to do it to save us from FDR".
    That is a simple lie. I said "was it?", since you indicated you knew all about it. If they did, "was that the reason," is different from saying that it definitely was the reason, but you don't care when it is useful in making a personal attack. The NRA isn't some living organism with a 14 decade long memory. Anyone there is in '68 is likely gone in the '77 coup, dead, or long retired. But when you're just trying to hang a horse, any rope will do, right?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Umm, no. Far from a lie my friend. But hey, play your games and be an apologist for the NRA. They bank on people like you.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Umm, no. Far from a lie my friend. But hey, play your games and be an apologist for the NRA. They bank on people like you.

I know, anyone who questions any goofball condemnation of the NRA is a Nazi, or a Nazi sympathizer, right? Is there no limit to the crazy, hyperbolic idiocies thrown around like confetti? Well, we now what a rational person you are, huh? Maybe your opinions should be read in that light.

Typical NRA apologist non-sense. I just ignore them... They're like the French sympathizers who thought they had to help the Nazis to save their country. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    You betcha. If that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about your apologist behavior, knock yourself out.

Top Bottom