• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Wow, so if I am at the range with my wife and she shoots MY gun then she is breaking the law? Remember - in Indiana husband wife have joint property ownership unless spelled out in a prenup or other legal docs. I have LTCH but she does not.:dunno:

It never hinged on ownership. This is no longer an issue after the July 1 code change.

Prior to July 1, it was quite debatable.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Also no were in the law does it say it is okay for a father who is licensed is allowed to let his family shoot his pistols. What if I would have said he was my cousin would I have gotten let go too since its family. I bet not.

IC 35-47-10-1
    This appies to children, but not other adult family members.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Read the thread, it was lying on a bench, not being carried. The CO was a pompous douchebag who pretty clearly abused his power. This is yet another shining example of the bs police do. As Kirk said, don't talk to cops.

Like has been posted, it was on the bench, not his hip.

He asked if the pistol on my side was mine.

Was it sitting on the bench, leaning against him?

Edit: He meant "his side" of the shooting table, my apologies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    IC 35-47-2-6 (b)
    If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of it's experation, the the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

The key would be don't apply before 30 days before expiration.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    wow you should have fought this,i know nra lawyers would love to fight a case where a legal person on a shooting range is screwed by a officer who goes to far

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    IC 35-47-2-6 (b)
    If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of it's experation, the the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

The key would be don't apply before 30 days before expiration.

You've made me look at the statute, and I believe I've found something that needs to be fixed.

The code says that you can renew starting 365 days before it expires. Because it used to say that you had to wait until 30 days before you could renew, it says that if you renew at that point, it's extended. Now that you can renew a year early, say you renew 45 days (or heck, even 31 days) before, is the license extended until you get the new one? The statute doesn't say that. You're supposed to carry the renewal app and the old license until you get your new one, but if your renewal app is older than 30 days, does that make it invalid?

I think the wording for that part of the statute needs to be fixed.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You've made me look at the statute, and I believe I've found something that needs to be fixed.

Repealing the need for a license to carry in Indiana strikes me as a relatively simple fix. ;)

They could get rid of a bunch of garbage code that way.

Top Bottom