• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So let me see if I understand this... lead (potentially) leaching into ground water = bad. Entire cities with lead pipes providing drinking water to their citizens = just peachy. :scratch:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Range cleanup is cheap. You post on castboolits.com that berms need mined and rebuilt. Bullet casters will jump at the chance. I know my son and I do our best to keep all the lead off the tops of the berms where we shoot. I must have a dozen big coffee cans full just waiting for a good spring day to smelt down into ingots and make into shiny new bullets like these.

Boolits.jpg

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hi,
    Rookie has it right. Our shotgun club made a nice fee for having our lead shot reclaimed. It would even be easier with all bullets going into a bank, compared to a shotgun club.
    Have a great day.
    JIM

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Proof again that the antis's creed is "By any means necessary". They tried politics and that failed, lawsuits failed, culture war is failing, historical revisionism, using medical professionals failed, research into "gun violence" failed. So the next step was to use a government agency to close down a range, even when no credible evidence could be found.

The phrase "shall not be infringed" has been read by antis "chip away at it, but stop just short of an outright ban". If the same conduct used against the Second Amendment was taken and used against any other rights I very much doubt the reaction from those attempting to degrade the Second Amendment would be the same.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Enviro nazis using the .gov to shut down a constitutionally guaranteed right they don't like......

Good thing there are not enviro nazis in the global warming movement that want to use .gov as a money grab and shut down things they don't like......

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    A guy at work was complaining to another that the gun club he belongs to has an injunction against shooting because of a noise complaint from a new neighbor. Hoping to find more info, somewhere in or around Dubois County.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Honest question: Even if the lake was lousy with lead, how would you prove it's coming from some particular place?

Actually that can be done....is it done with soil borrings around the area and monitoring wells....this can determine a direction of where the lead came from based on how the surface water and ground water moves in the area....basically it won't run up stream.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Sounds pretty involved and expensive. Reckon that council paid for that or would do so to arrive at the conclusion the lead is coming from that range?

Actually around $10K depending on the distance to the lake....in all honesty ranges are tricky thing when it comes to realistate law and dealing with selling a contaminated site. Basically if you open a public shooting range....plan on owning it for life because the cost to clean it up for anything else isn't worth the price for the land....
    This also depends on what type of range you are talking about. The worst in my mind would be a sporting clays site just due to how the shot is broadcast everywhere.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Lead will not leach into water at any reasonably neutral pH (6-8). If pH values are outside this range in a drinking water source, then there are usually other, more significant problems causing that (I.e. Acid mine drainage).
    I am a professional scientist with two masters degrees, BTW.

Top Bottom